hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was your response when I asked last year-

York Hibees

We can't answer your question as we don't know. We have never asked for a detailed breakdown of how the Football Department spend our donations. Our guess is that most, if not all of our Members are happy to leave Leeann, George and Neil to make those decisions. From what we have seen on the park so far, they seem to be making good choices. As we have said on other threads, we collectively have an ownership stake in the Club, it is for the Club Executive to run the Club.

HSL

Clearly you never knew that’s why I was asking if that has now changed.... hope you feel that’s a reasonable question now ....
    Yep I am devastated that I don’t have confirmation that it was my contribution that paid towards Mallan’s Friday night win bonus but am content to believe that it did.

Seriously, expecting a breakdown of the proportion or whatever of a player loan/transfer/signing fee or wages that overall HSL contributions provide is unrealistic and any figures would anyway be artificial.. It may be easier to be given figures that related the contributions to the overall players budget but not sure what that would even add to amounts disclosed already. I get that some continuing engagement can be drawn from communication and that is what HSL aim to do but maybe could do it better.

Lots of odd reasons going about to justify not contributing but in reality there are only two - can’t afford or don’t want to. No need for a Heinz 57 variations of these unless they add anything constructive and all the ignorant conspiracy theory and ponzi patter sure ain’t that.

Meantime I’m just chuffed that stevie only scores to get my bonus contribution... there is so much you can do with a tenner these days!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Yep I am devastated that I don’t have confirmation that it was my contribution that paid towards Mallan’s Friday night win bonus but am content to believe that it did.

Seriously, expecting a breakdown of the proportion or whatever of a player loan/transfer/signing fee or wages that overall HSL contributions provide is unrealistic and any figures would anyway be artificial.. It may be easier to be given figures that related the contributions to the overall players budget but not sure what that would even add to amounts disclosed already. I get that some continuing engagement can be drawn from communication and that is what HSL aim to do but maybe could do it better.

Lots of odd reasons going about to justify not contributing but in reality there are only two - can’t afford or don’t want to. No need for a Heinz 57 variations of these unless they add anything constructive and all the ignorant conspiracy theory and ponzi patter sure ain’t that.

Meantime I’m just chuffed that stevie only scores to get my bonus contribution... there is so much you can do with a tenner these days!
    The question I asked last year was:

Hi apologies if I have missed it but I asked earlier on regarding the funds going towards the managers budget. Can you clarify even roughly how much of the funds go directly to transfer fees / player wages please. Say £100k was given in the last 12 months there must be some idea of how this has been deployed?

I am keen to sign up.

I was asking if the fans donate x amount let’s say £100k of that how much goes to the overall transfer fees or player wages at the club ie.

£50k went on transfer fees and wages.
    £10k sport science
    £20k board bonuses
    £20k on east mains

The response previously quoted at the time was that HSL don’t know how the club divide the money they receive from fans.

This year I am in a similar position and was asking for clarification if they now know where the money they are asking for goes.

100% into transfer fees / wages I’m in.

Split between transfer fees, wages, CEO bonuses and manager pay offs etc I’m out.

Hi apologies if I have missed it but I asked earlier on regarding the funds going towards the managers budget. Can you clarify even roughly how much of the funds go directly to transfer fees / player wages please. Say £100k was given in the last 12 months there must be some idea of how this has been deployed?

I am keen to sign up.

I was asking if the fans donate x amount let’s say £100k of that how much goes to the overall transfer fees or player wages at the club ie.

£10k sport science
    £20k board bonuses
    £20k on east mains

The response previously quoted at the time was that HSL don’t know how the club divide the money they receive from fans.

This year I am in a similar position and was asking for clarification if they now know where the money they are asking for goes.

Split between transfer fees, wages, CEO bonuses and manager pay offs etc I’m out.
    Transfer fees or wages is where Im happy at as long as it contributes to a better quality player, I think you are nit picking just for the sake of nit picking, it seems clear no matter what, you are not going to contribute

Blog Entries

I am keen to sign up.

£10k sport science
    £20k board bonuses
    £20k on east mains

You made the bits in bold up. This is despite the information given that it goes to the playing budget - I don’t think our last manager or our current CEO actually have a player’s contract. Based on that I don’t think you actually want an artificial earmarking (which the club could give to say the spent x on player y) nor would confirmation again that it goes on the playing budget would satisfy you because you want to believe the board are misusing it. You are beyond help.

I’m in next pay day 🤞I’m having lunch pre game at Easter road top prize for the winner worth the £50 .ggtth

You made the bits in bold up. This is despite the information given that it goes to the playing budget - I don’t think our last manager or our current CEO actually have a player’s contract. Based on that I don’t think you actually want an artificial earmarking (which the club could give to say the spent x on player y) nor would confirmation again that it goes on the playing budget would satisfy you because you want to believe the board are misusing it. You are beyond help.
    Think you need glasses mate.

I never made any of it up, I was asking how any contributions are split and suggested examples of outgoings at the club ... the ones you have highlighted. The board would not have projected / budgeted paying off Lennon and his back room staff which is a loss that will have to be covered by the club.

I have never this year or last year when I asked the same question believed the board are misusing the money. The money will be used to the benefit of the club. The hard sell from HSL last year
    was all money was straight into wages / transfer fees in their thread but when I asked HSL to confirm that this was the case they could not.

I asked again this year again that is all.

I never made any of it up, I was asking how any contributions are split and suggested examples of outgoings at the club ... the ones you have highlighted. The board would not have projected / budgeted paying off Lennon and his back room staff which is a loss that will have to be covered by the club.

I have never this year or last year when I asked the same question believed the board are misusing the money. The money will be used to the benefit of the club. The hard sell from HSL last year
    was all money was straight into wages / transfer fees in their thread but when I asked HSL to confirm that this was the case they could not.

If HSL did not exist then Lennon and Parker would still have received the same pay off that they did (assuming they got anything).

If HSL did not exist then Dempster would still have received the same bonus that she did.

Since HSL does exist, it then follows that all money raised through HSL is used to improve the team.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If HSL did not exist then Lennon and Parker would still have received the same pay off that they did (assuming they got anything).

If HSL did not exist then Dempster would still have received the same bonus that she did.

Since HSL does exist, it then follows that all money raised through HSL is used to improve the team.

Flawed logic, Hibs are a business who will look at variance / profit / loss.

All money raised from HSL goes directly to the managers playing budget.

Flawed logic, Hibs are a business who will look at variance / profit / loss.
    The HSL money means we can spend more on wages without making a loss, so could you explain how it is "flawed logic"?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries

I never made any of it up, I was asking how any contributions are split and suggests ested examples of outgoings at the club ... the ones you have highlighted. The board would not have projected / budgeted paying off Lennon and his back room staff which is a loss that will have to be covered by the club.

I can see fine and what I see is that if you asked anyone to pay into board or ceo bonuses they would see that as misuse of their funds. Suggesting that it goes into the board’s pockets is ‘making it up’ and not I think for any constructive purpose. While technically the HSL rules don’t specify what the club should do with the funds, that we are told it will go to the playing budget seems reasonable without restricting the club, i.e to the benefit of Hibs and its fans.

By making up/ suggesting outrageous usage you are sowing the seed that paying into HSL benefits the bad old board etc and not the team.

Fact is any earmarking would be nominal but some constructive communication better highlighting the benefits so far would help, what does not help is feeding the conspiracists.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can see fine and what I see is that if you asked anyone to pay into board or ceo bonuses they would see that as misuse of their funds. Suggesting that it goes into the board’s pockets is ‘making it up’ and not I think for any constructive purpose. While technically the HSL rules don’t specify what the club should do with the funds, that we are told it will go to the playing budget seems reasonable without restricting the club, i.e to the benefit of Hibs and its fans.

By making up/ suggesting outrageous usage you are sowing the seed that paying into HSL benefits the bad old board etc and not the team.

Fact is any earmarking would be nominal but some constructive communication better highlighting the benefits so far would help, what does not help is feeding the conspiracists.
    A lot comes down to semantics really.

Say HSL contribute £50k, and for argument's sake say Hibs have normal income of £1m, and costs (before player wages/transfer fees) of £0.5m, which leaves £0.5m of normal income for wages and transfer fees.

You could say that HSL's £50k goes on to the wages and fees budget and you have £550k available.

You could say that it's gone to a £50k cost included in the £0.5m normal operating costs, and the result would still be that there's £50k more available for transfer fees and wages than there would have been without the HSL money.

You could also say that the £50k goes straight to STF in the form of it making up part of the debt repayment to him, but the end result is the same - £50k more becomes available for wages and transfer fees.

I think it's too easy to get hung up on the exact wording but ultimately it's easy to see that more money in, through whatever route, means that Heckingbottom gets more to spend.

Hibs don't generally aim to run at a huge profit, there are no dividend payments to shareholders so there's no real benefit in syphoning off funds from the first team. Nobody is getting rich off Hibs, and certainly nobody is getting rich off HSL.

All that's happening with HSL is we, as a support, dilute STF and Petrie's ownership and increase the fan ownership, and at the same time raise much needed additional funds for the manager at a time when our rivals are enjoying a financial advantage over us.

It's a win/win situation - there's no downside to donating. It's very clear what you're paying into, it's very clear that the club we love benefits from the income, and we get to watch better players than we could otherwise, and at the same time secure the future of the football club.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough

Talking

What he said

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    A lot comes down to semantics really.

Say HSL contribute £50k, and for argument's sake say Hibs have normal income of £1m, and costs (before player wages/transfer fees) of £0.5m, which leaves £0.5m of normal income for wages and transfer fees.

You could say that HSL's £50k goes on to the wages and fees budget and you have £550k available.

You could say that it's gone to a £50k cost included in the £0.5m normal operating costs, and the result would still be that there's £50k more available for transfer fees and wages than there would have been without the HSL money.

You could also say that the £50k goes straight to STF in the form of it making up part of the debt repayment to him, but the end result is the same - £50k more becomes available for wages and transfer fees.

I think it's too easy to get hung up on the exact wording but ultimately it's easy to see that more money in, through whatever route, means that Heckingbottom gets more to spend.

Hibs don't generally aim to run at a huge profit, there are no dividend payments to shareholders so there's no real benefit in syphoning off funds from the first team. Nobody is getting rich off Hibs, and certainly nobody is getting rich off HSL.

All that's happening with HSL is we, as a support, dilute STF and Petrie's ownership and increase the fan ownership, and at the same time raise much needed additional funds for the manager at a time when our rivals are enjoying a financial advantage over us.

It's a win/win situation - there's no downside to donating. It's very clear what you're paying into, it's very clear that the club we love benefits from the income, and we get to watch better players than we could otherwise, and at the same time secure the future of the football club.

I am keen to sign up.

£10k sport science
    £20k board bonuses
    £20k on east mains

York Hibees

We can confirm that 100% goes into transfer fees / wages.

Are you in ?

HSL

Left by mutual consent!
    Can't afford a £50 one-off donation at present but have been meaning to renew my monthly subscription for a while so will do so this week x

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    York Hibees

Are you in ?

HSL
    Last year, there was talk that some HSL money had been used for player-related equipment. Whilst I have no problem with that, and I suspect most donors will be the same, could you clarify that?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Last year, there was talk that some HSL money had been used for player-related equipment. Whilst I have no problem with that, and I suspect most donors will be the same, could you clarify that?
    If you want to audit hsl, ask your work to tender for the accounts job.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    York Hibees

Are you in ?

HSL

I thought it was made clear, from the launch of HSL, that all funds went directly into the transfer/wages pot...

... and with that, shares to the equivalent value were passed to HSL. New shares that diluted the existing shareholding of STF.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Years down the line and literally hundreds of posts explaining where the money goes and yet some folk still have to ask.

If you don’t get it by now you probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Years down the line and literally hundreds of posts explaining where the money goes and yet some folk still have to ask.

Some people seem determined NOT to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Like someone mentioned earlier, folk trying to justify reasons not to contribute. York hibs seems to have wasted a year of not contributing.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If you want to audit hsl, ask your work to tender for the accounts job.
    Which work is this?

It was a fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    All money raised from HSL goes directly to the managers playing budget.
    But what York is saying is that that has only been categorically stated very recently. Prior to that responses have been more wishy washy re exactly what happens to the money.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    But what York is saying is that that has only been categorically stated very recently. Prior to that responses have been more wishy washy re exactly what happens to the money.
    Its 4 years since the Ponzi scheme nonsense was demonstrated to be crap.

In the intervening period there have been many statements and confirmations that all the money goes to the manager for the team.

Anyone saying otherwise hasnt had their eyes or ears open.

Leanne’s statement on HSL

Now that we have had definite conformation from our CEO that all monies brought in through HSL do in fact go to the manager for players I am a wee bit surprised that this statement has not got more interest.
    There can be no more “what if’s, or but, what about etc, etc. The money goes to buying and keeping better quality players.
    Perhaps others with perhaps a different agenda will shut up now or put up, if you can afford it then make any amount of investment into our club you know it makes sense.

I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so

GGTTH

I couldn't give a toss what the HSL money is spent on, just so long as it benefits Hibs. If it was all earmarked for a new indoor training facility for example then that would be acceptable to me, as it would be if it was used to pay the stadium's electricity bill.

The point being that at the end of the day the money Hibs spend, no matter where its spent, is required to keep the club going and if HSL money went towards paying the bills for example surely that frees up money to spend on the team, after all no matter what our wage bill is we still have to keep the lights on or cut the grass at East Mains.

@hibs.net private member
    Based on the idiotic stance taken by people refusing to accept the fact HSL money goes directly to the player budget I have just increased my contribution to HSL. Maybe that is their intention all along, to artificially create a victim culture just to wind up people like me that pay something but can probably afford a little more? 🤔

Left by mutual consent!
    .net looks officially onboard now so can see the bandwagon picking up strength a lot now. Perfect for us and the club. Coupled with the new fans rep and a big win it’s been a gid week and it’s goot to be..

First Team Breakthrough
    York Hibs gone quiet now my message to him now put your money where your mouth is

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    .net looks officially onboard now...
    Thats quite a statement. As far as I'm aware this site has always backed HSL, too much criticism from the ponzi scheme proponents, but I'm not sure what you mean by officially on board?