hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% spot on.

Some folk seem desperate to find an angle to either bash them or a reason not to sign up.

Just come out and say I won't be signing up, not for me, instead of looking for ways to put others off. (These will be the same folk who will then complain about the club and it's ambition if Hearts and Aberdeen start leaving us behind and bring in better standard of players).

I for one didn't find the email cheeky at all.
    That’s exactly the point. Too many people are looking for reasons not to join. The same people will be on here moaning when hearts and the sheep are leaving us in their wake due to their fans not making pathetic excuses not to put money into their club. If you can afford it then you should be paying up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Just because you didn't find it cheeky doesn't mean others didn't.

I'm not looking for any angle to bash HSL, I've been signed up for ages now and if I thought it was a rubbish cause I wouldn't have bothered signing up at all. So I won't be coming out and saying 'I won't be signing up, not for me'

The email, I'm assuming, only went out to folk who have signed up for HSL. So I'm well aware of the cause. And as I stated above I pay as much as my wage allows monthly.
    Yes and that's why i said "I for one didn't"

I also wasn't talking about you, it was an "in general " post about the whole thing. So apologies if you thought i was having a go

Listen i fully understand people can't afford it or don't want to put money in, fair play to them, that's their choice.

Im not putting insane amounts in, £10 a month. Imagine 10,000 fans putting tht in, the difference it would make?

But for folk to attack them, with the same old stuff, everytime they come on here, even though they have, IMO, addressed, on numerous occasions, the problems folk have with it and the bull***** claims about it, is boring.

It's other Hibs fans, in their own spare time, for free, trying to raise funds for the manager/club.

It aint no ponzi scheme, tom farmer isn't using the payments to book holiday's to barbados, it's no going towards debt, it's going in the managers budget, and the HSL gets shares in return. It's that simple.

The strangest thing for me is, folk want farmer out, then attack a set-up that's designed to dilute his shareholding, claiming he gets the money.

When in actual fact that's what SHOULD happen, he gets bought out.......

He's letting his shareholding be diluted and not making a penny.
    Last edited by 1875STEVE; 20-04-2019 at 12:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Yes and that's why i said "I for one didn't"

I also wasn't talking about you, it was an "in general " post about the whole thing. So apologies if you thought i was having a go

Listen i fully understand people can't afford it or don't want to put money in, fair play to them, that's there choice.

Im not putting insane amounts in, £10 a month. Imagine 10,000 fans putting tht in, the difference it would make?

But for folk to attack them, with the same old stuff, everytime they come on here, even though they have, IMO, addressed, on numerous occasions, the problems folk have with it and the bull***** claims about it, is boring.

It's guys, in their own spare time, trying to raise funds for the manager/club.

It aint no ponzi scheme, tom farmer isn't using the payments to book holiday's to barbados, it's no going towards debt, it's going in the managers budget, and the HSL gets shares in return. It's that simple.

The strangest thing for me is, folk want farmer out, then attack a set-up that's designed to dilute his shareholding, claiming he gets the money.

When in actual fact that's what SHOULD happen, he gets bought out.......

He's letting his shareholding be diluted and not making a penny.
    I know exactly what you mean, I'm always trying to get my mates to sign up and get hit with the same old nonsense as well.

And I totally agree, HSL have done everything they can to address all the issues folk always bring up.

I also know the only chance we have to keep as close as possible to Hearts and Aberdeen is for HSL to succeed.

I just found it a bit like 'thanks, we appreciate your monthly donation, but please give us more.' Probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and reading that first thing didn't help hah.

Apologies from me as well for my last post

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, I'm always trying to get my mates to sign up and get hit with the same old nonsense as well.

And I totally agree, HSL have done everything they can to address all the issues folk always bring up.

I also know the only chance we have to keep as close as possible to Hearts and Aberdeen is for HSL to succeed.

I just found it a bit like 'thanks, we appreciate your monthly donation, but please give us more.' Probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and reading that first thing didn't help hah.

Apologies from me as well for my last post

HSL - just dropped you an email with a question over my email address on my account. Ta.

Very easy.

That's £1.2m per year, or £23k per week. So it means imagining replacing six of our more experienced squad players (not youngsters) with six players who each get an extra £3.5-4k per week in wages. Imagine the quality of player that would mean in the starting eleven and we'd still have the current starters on the bench.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Very easy.

That's £1.2m per year, or £23k per week. So it means imagining replacing six of our more experienced squad players (not youngsters) with six players who each get an extra £3.5-4k per week in wages. Imagine the quality of player that would mean in the starting eleven and we'd still have the current starters on the bench.
    You're right, that extra money can make the difference. This is where we need to get to I think. Get 3 or 4 players who are a level above the rest, who can make a difference. For that to happen we need money.

Contributions to HSL can provide that.

Its totally wrong to say that team A with 11 players on £3k per week should always beat team B on £2k, and that all team A players are better than B. At that level of expenditure, its nonsense.

Very easy.

Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    You're right, that extra money can make the difference. This is where we need to get to I think. Get 3 or 4 players who are a level above the rest, who can make a difference. For that to happen we need money.

Contributions to HSL can provide that.

Its totally wrong to say that team A with 11 players on £3k per week should always beat team B on £2k, and that all team A players are better than B. At that level of expenditure, its nonsense.
    It is, the problem is now is getting folk who believe the claims about HSL to look past them as pish and sign up.

First Team Breakthrough
    After today surely it is time the support backed HSL to give Hecky the money to spend

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    After today surely it is time the support backed HSL to give Hecky the money to spend
    Yes please.
    Come on everyone , let’s do everything we can to help Paul and Robbie bring major success to the Club. We don’t need a few with lots of money just lots of supporters with a little each. Only donate if you can comfortably afford it.
    From as little as £7.73 per month
    www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    I'm in

Totally agree this guy can take us to another level if given the financial backing please give /donate what ever you can so we can improve for next season canny wait Ggtth

Brilliant to see new folk signing up, hopefully we start seeing a lot more in time for the new season and boost the managers budget massively

I hope he gets a decent wedge to spend on his type of player.
    We'll see what he makes of things next year

Left by mutual consent!
    Ive finally binned Hibs TV as it just doesnt work for me in Thailand. Doesnt matter if I'm in my apartment, in a hotel, on wifi or data. Happy for those who have a good reliable feed.
    I'll replace what I pay Hibs TV with a monthly donation to HSL

Left by mutual consent!
    The drawback about having a board that fans are quite happy with is that you get quite apathetic when it comes to change. If the fan base was still at war with Petrie like the pre Dempster days the HSL donations would be through the roof

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have thought long and hard before posting this as I don't want to be seen to be negative to HSL and know I will cop some flak for this, but IMO it needs said.

As a long time supporter of and advocate for HSL I have to say that it makes me quite uncomfortable the continuing going back to existing donators to wring an extra few £ out of them.

Eventually this particular well will run dry and will ultimately prove counter productive and I personally cannot and will not contribute any more than I am.

IMO the "raffles" held earlier this year should have rewarded those that have contributed out of nothing more than their love for Hibs, rather than be used to chisel yet more money out of them.

The success or failure of HSL will not be dependent upon these "initiatives", it will be determined by getting more folk to sign up and contribute regularly and on an ongoing basis and buy into the concept of what is trying to be achieved.

This can and will be only achieved by getting the message out to much more of the support on an ongoing basis and gradually breaking down the barriers and misconceptions that have arisen and I would personally prefer HSL's activities to be more focussed on this than the shorter, "supermarket" type promotions or worse emotional blackmail we have seen of late.

I have to say that these look to me more about window dressing and raising a few quick £ to show some small progress than addressing the underlying problem which is that the vastmajority of the support still don't buy into the concept.

Until they do HSL will languish behind its competitors.

I am sure many can relate tales of charities we have donated to whom we eventually got fed up of being pestered for yet more money and eventually stopped supporting them altogether and HSL run this risk IMO if they continue down the current path.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 22-04-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I have thought long and hard before posting this as I don't want to be seen to be negative to HSL and know I will cop some flak for this, but IMO it needs said.

As a long time supporter of and advocate for HSL I have to say that it makes me quite uncomfortable the continuing going back to existing donators to wring an extra few £ out of them.

Eventually this particular well will run dry and will ultimately prove counter productive and I personally cannot and will not contribute any more than I am.

IMO the "raffles" held earlier this year should have rewarded those that have contributed out of nothing more than their love for Hibs, rather than be used to chisel yet more money out of them.

The success or failure of HSL will not be dependent upon these "initiatives", it will be determined by getting more folk to sign up and contribute regularly and on an ongoing basis and buy into the concept of what is trying to be achieved.

This can and will be only achieved by getting the message out to much more of the support on an ongoing basis and gradually breaking down the barriers and misconceptions that have arisen and I would personally prefer HSL's activities to be more focussed on this than the shorter, "supermarket" type promotions or worse emotional blackmail we have seen of late.

I have to say that these look to me more about window dressing and raising a few quick £ to show some small progress than addressing the underlying problem which is that the vastmajority of the support still don't buy into the concept.

I am sure many can relate tales of charities we have donated to whom we eventually got fed up of being pestered for yet more money and eventually stopped supporting them altogether and HSL run this risk IMO if they continue down the current path.
    Very good point. I knew nothing of HSL until I joined this forum. People I have spoken to either haven't heard of it or aren't sure what it is. I stand ready to be corrected but is the message "out there"?

First Team Breakthrough
    Bankok Hibby they gave a presentation to our branch of the supportersclub so they are out there. Surely the important point is that we now have an excellent manager and if we can back him with funds I have every confidence he will take us to the next stage

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Bankok Hibby they gave a presentation to our branch of the supportersclub so they are out there. Surely the important point is that we now have an excellent manager and if we can back him with funds I have every confidence he will take us to the next stage
    Yes I totally agree with you. Now I have my head round how the contributions work I'm fully signed up. I seldom get to games now. Do HSL have a presence at ER when a home game is on? Its the masses they need to encourage, not just those on forums or at supporters clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    The drawback about having a board that fans are quite happy with is that you get quite apathetic when it comes to change. If the fan base was still at war with Petrie like the pre Dempster days the HSL donations would be through the roof
    The opposite would happen.

The anti-Petrie brigade are very against HSL.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The opposite would happen.

The anti-Petrie brigade are very against HSL.
    Which is the height of stupidity, given that every penny given to HSL effectively reduces STF/Petrie's proportion of the shareholding and eventual influence over the club.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 22-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.

BSEJVT
    We know that you are very supportive of HSL so your points are valuable and welcome feedback for us.
    We cannot disagree with much of what you say and rest assured we agree that for HSL to be a huge success we need 000’s of additional supporters to join. We have already had feedback to suggest that future draws should include existing contributors so watch this space for that.
    We also have a couple of issues in hand which are for Members but we want to announce these directly to our Members first.
    We are reasonably certain that most Hibs Supporters know that HSL are here given that we have twice written to the entire Club database. This being the case we need to better understand why supporters don’t want to join. So if there are any supporters out there right know pondering please feel free to respond to this thread with any potential objections to HSL and we will try to respond.

HSL

This has been my main concern regarding HSL. The initiative will get nowhere if it doesn't find a way to significantly increase the number of contributors, it has pretty well stalled at just over 2000 from what I can see. I don't particularly have a problem with HSL undertaking initiatives to get folk to up their contributions, they will or wont depending on personal circumstances, but these things need to be very much side projects in relation to the main objective which has to be to reach at least 4000 members. With Hearts at 8000 and Aberdeen now at 6000 surely that has to be achievable.