hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milligan

Milligan

Don't know if it was just me, but Mark was my man of the match tonight. Broke up the play, and every pass found a Hibs man. His form, much like the whole team, since hecky has arrived has been fantastic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with the breaking up play but he wasted possession a good few times. Daz was MOTM for me.

I watched on TV so hard for me to say but I thought Milligan was decent. McGregor looked excellent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Another good game from him, seems to just keep things simple, not a flashy player by any means but important. For some reason folk still cant take to him though

Was at the game and couldn’t say pished before and even better pished during lol no bevie on me just goals

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know if it was just me, but Mark was my man of the match tonight. Broke up the play, and every pass found a Hibs man. His form, much like the whole team, since hecky has arrived has been fantastic.
    Every pass definitely did NOT find a Hibs man, he gave the ball away twice in the first ten minutes. He improved as the match progressed, 6/10.

Daz easily MOTM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought he played well

Admittedly not one of my favourites but dug in well tonight. Not Close to MOM for me and don’t get the brilliant passer thing at all, but did notice one or two nicely timed challenges at important times.

As mentioner macgregor did well. Thought McNulty showed his importance tonight, even just his strong play from clearances and long balls.. always seems to get himself in front and get a decent touch to get us up the park.

Mallan for the goal alone is up there. Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Every pass definitely did NOT find a Hibs man, he gave the ball away twice in the first ten minutes. He improved as the match progressed, 6/10.

Daz easily MOTM.
    Sorry but he was much better than a 6 out of 10

No coincidence him and Gray are playing well and we are winning.

Maybe I'm just pished! GGTTH

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Another good game from him, seems to just keep things simple, not a flashy player by any means but important. For some reason folk still cant take to him though
    Always going to be difficult following McGeouch.

I thought the Ausie did well. some passes went astray but do remember that the speed of the ball was infected by that terrible playing surface. Milligan had a good game

On the top 3 performers in the era of The Heck for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Has been superb since he came back from there Asia Cup....class act.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Was at the game and couldn’t say pished before and even better pished during lol no bevie on me just goals
    Maybe best not posting when pissed. I've read what you've written a few times and not sure what you are trying to say.

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s a very good footballer. He reads the game really well and can break up play because of this. He’s excellent in posession also. The one thing that worries me about him though is his age. I think he struggles to cover the ground. A very good player we have on our hands though.
    Last edited by Weegreenman; 30-03-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I thought the Ausie did well. some passes went astray but do remember that the speed of the ball was infected by that terrible playing surface. Milligan had a good game
    I too thought the surface played a big part in our passing. Took quite a time to get used to the surface, great win though, onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    He’s a very good footballer. He reads the game really well and can break up a lay because of this. He’s excellent in posession also. The one thing that worries me about him though is his age. I think he struggles to cover the ground. A very good player we have on our hands though.
    Thought he was excellent when deployed in the back four recently, distribution from the back is great, think he’s better defensively when he sees the whole game in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jax67 View Post
    I too thought the surface played a big part in our passing. Took quite a time to get used to the surface, great win though, onwards and upwards.
    Well done for Hecks saying we were trying to play pretty passing football in the first half but then had to resort to being more direct.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Well done for Hecks saying we were trying to play pretty passing football in the first half but then had to resort to being more direct.
    A nice straightforward statement of how he wants to play and a willingness to adapt when required without blaming others.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Thought Milligan was very good tonight. Solid in defence with some good passes. Pass of the night was the one to Omeonga out wide in the second half. He was without doubt the Man of the Match.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Thought Milligan was very good tonight. Solid in defence with some good passes. Pass of the night was the one to Omeonga out wide in the second half. He was without doubt the Man of the Match.
    He was excellent again, has been really consistent in the past 5 or 6 games.

Liked to see him take that booking late on aswell, sometimes the cynical approach is needed

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He was excellent again, has been really consistent in the past 5 or 6 games.

Liked to see him take that booking late on aswell, sometimes the cynical approach is needed
    Seen that coming a mile off. He blocked Jones' run who then lashed out at him - actually looked like Jones punched him on the back of the head. A minute later Jones got the ball again and I think Milligan just wanted to get him back. .

Thought Milligan had a very good game. Very composed on the ball, good passer, and can head/tackle defensively. Hope he's on his game again on Saturday.

Another good game from Milligan, he is the one that makes us tick in the middle of the park, just need players to start making space and show for the ball, too often last night he had no option but to play it back out to gray or Hanlon as mallan and slivka were no where to be seen

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    MOM by a mile in my opinion

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Milligan was solid again last night. He seems to be getting to grips with the pace of the Scottish game. We'll need him to be at his best against the hammer throwers on Saturday who will try every trick in the book and attempt to bulldoze us all over the park.

We are seeing now he is a class act. 70 odd caps for a country on a par with Scotland.

Coaching Staff
    He is the man who always seems to be available when a pass to someone is needed from defenders under pressure.

He quietly, efficiently and professionally goes about his game without the need to be ‘flash’

He can also play a few positions, which is a godsend in a smallish squad.

@hibs.net private member
    He had a pretty poor run under Lennon after a good start but he has been excellent for Heck. I thought he passed the ball brilliantly last night, accurate and with a bit of zip. Lots of great positional play and he knows when to take his bookings.