hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

St Johnstone keep the pressure on.

Winning tonight only 4 points behind in race for top 6. I could see them winning their last 3 games, definitely the easiest run in.

We need 5 points to secure top 6. Can we do it?. Wouldn’t fancy going to Tiny needing 3 points.

2. Log in to remove the advert

we don't have a great record at Tynie, but they are in the same position as us, under a bit f pressure. I have a gut feeling that we can turn them round this time. lets wait until Friday. the new manager seems to be grinding out results

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Posted this on another thread:

Was looking at the fixtures for both St Johnstone & Hearts. Gap is 6 points. The yams have a much tougher fixture schedule before the split. Aberdeen (h), Rangers (a) and ourselves (h). St Johnstone have Motherwell (a), Dundee (h) and Kilmarnock (a). I would certainly not be claiming the yams are guaranteed top 6 just yet as it’ll be interesting to see how they get on in those first two fixtures before they face us on the final fixture card before the split. Especially if St Johnstone win the next two games, it’s going to be really interesting.

We have a huge game on Friday and if we win that then pretty much it is in our hands and we will only have ourselves to blame if we don’t get top 6 from there. I’m confident we will make it!

I can see the game at Tynie deciding who makes top 6. Should be fun

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Posted this on another thread:

Was looking at the fixtures for both St Johnstone & Hearts. Gap is 6 points. The yams have a much tougher fixture schedule before the split. Aberdeen (h), Rangers (a) and ourselves (h). St Johnstone have Motherwell (a), Dundee (h) and Kilmarnock (a). I would certainly not be claiming the yams are guaranteed top 6 just yet as it’ll be interesting to see how they get on in those first two fixtures before they face us on the final fixture card before the split. Especially if St Johnstone win the next two games, it’s going to be really interesting.

We have a huge game on Friday and if we win that then pretty much it is in our hands and we will only have ourselves to blame if we don’t get top 6 from there. I’m confident we will make it!
    Surely it’s in our own hands already??

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Winning tonight only 4 points behind in race for top 6. I could see them winning their last 3 games, definitely the easiest run in.

We need 5 points to secure top 6. Can we do it?. Wouldn’t fancy going to Tiny needing 3 points.
    Each to their own, and you may end up being proven right, but I really can't see them winning:

away to Motherwell
    home to Dundee
    away to Kilmarnock

Motherwell are in great form even though we did make them look very ordinary a fortnight ago. They've got a 100% record in the league at Fir Park since the turn of the year, including wins over us and Hearts.

St Johnstone should win beat Dundee at home, although there are no guarantees. They struggled past St Mirren tonight and I saw a St J fan on Twitter say they left before the final whistle because it was that bad a performance.

Killie's form has dropped off a cliff in recent months, but I'd still say St Johnstone will struggle to come away with more than a point there. Hopefully if we've got the necessary points from Livi, Killie and Hearts to guarantee top six, we can hope that St Johnstone actually do beat Kilmarnock in order to help us close in on them in the race for fourth!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Each to their own, and you may end up being proven right, but I really can't see them winning:

away to Motherwell
    home to Dundee
    away to Kilmarnock

Motherwell are in great form even though we did make them look very ordinary a fortnight ago. They've got a 100% record in the league at Fir Park since the turn of the year, including wins over us and Hearts.

St Johnstone should win beat Dundee at home, although there are no guarantees. They struggled past St Mirren tonight and I saw a St J fan on Twitter say they left before the final whistle because it was that bad a performance.

Killie's form has dropped off a cliff in recent months, but I'd still say St Johnstone will struggle to come away with more than a point there. Hopefully if we've got the necessary points from Livi, Killie and Hearts to guarantee top six, we can hope that St Johnstone actually do beat Kilmarnock in order to help us close in on them in the race for fourth!
    I’m the same. They’re not winning two difficult away games imo.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hugely important we dont lose at Livi and a win pretty much seals top 6 i think however would very much have us looking up especially with Killie and Hearts next 2 games.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Hugely important we dont lose at Livi and a win pretty much seals top 6 i think however would very much have us looking up especially with Killie and Hearts next 2 games.
    We beat Livi on Friday night Well and Saints draw on Saturday top 6 is guaranteed due to our better goal difference.Lets do our part and get the win on Friday night.
    Top 6 for us is a must any higher is a bonus.

@hibs.net private member
    I reckon St Johnstone will get 7 points from their next 3 games, which means we'd only need 3 from our 3 fixtures. There should be no excuses for not picking up at least that. If we don't, we have no business being near the top 6.

@hibs.net private member
    Killie's form has dropped off a cliff in recent months, but I'd still say St Johnstone will struggle to come away with more than a point there. Hopefully if we've got the necessary points from Livi, Killie and Hearts to guarantee top six, we can hope that St Johnstone actually do beat Kilmarnock in order to help us close in on them in the race for fourth![/QUOTE]

Kilmarnock are unbeaten in March, sure they had a poor February but they're not playing bad now.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I reckon St Johnstone will get 7 points from their next 3 games, which means we'd only need 3 from our 3 fixtures. There should be no excuses for not picking up at least that. If we don't, we have no business being near the top 6.
    Prior to last night, St Johnstone had lost 8 of their last 9 games. I don't see them beating either Motherwell or Killie away.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I am very much looking up.
    We are (I think) the form team in the league.

We are 7 points from 3rd place. Not likely but not insurmountable.

For me Hearts should be looking over their shoulders not us.
    It really would be tremendous for us to go there beat them and them finish bottom six as a result.

After them winning the league and us being in absolute turmoil all season we have done remarkably well to be in with a shout of 3rd place.

Aberdeen are playing poorly at home.
    Killie have been poor since the turn of the year.
    Hearts have been poor for a long time.

We are in form and climbing the league, beating a team we’ve not beaten since promotion with ten men, beating the form team in the league with ease making them look mediocre.

We will see how we get on on Friday, I expect three points.

Dream scenario is we arrive at the PBS having already secured top 6 and with the chance to dump them into the bottom 6.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Momentum is everything. A win on Friday would be huge and with more players coming back from injury would put us in a very strong position going into the last 7 matches of the season. The higher up the league we finish the more cash we get and the more season tickets we will sell which has a knock on effect to who we can sign for next season. The gaffer has done one Heck of a job since coming in, if we can keep this run going who knows what can be achieved.

If we win tomorrow then it's done as we would be 7 points clear of St Johnstone with them having 9 points to play for.

Given our superior goal difference, they would need to win their last 3 games and we would need to lose our last 2 in order for them to overtake us.

That wouldn't happen.

Playing on Friday this week is a big benefit to us IMO.

We’ve got a massive opportunity to put pressure on teams above us and pretty much kill off those chasing us. Extra day between games as well when we have three big games between tomorrow and next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Man Down Under View Post
    I can see the game at Tynie deciding who makes top 6. Should be fun

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk
    Our record there is poor and even poorer when something at stake They thrive on stopping us achieving things defines their Season
    Heckingbottom looks a cool customer though and like his press conferences
    But tomorrow’s game atLivi on the Plastic Pitch where they have eaten us already is the next hurdle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

It was only St Mirren they were playing it they do have a habit of going on losing and winning runs Time will tell if they now kick on

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Our record there is poor and even poorer when something at stake They thrive on stopping us achieving things defines their Season
    Heckingbottom looks a cool customer though and like his press conferences
    But tomorrow’s game atLivi on the Plastic Pitch where they have eaten us already is the next hurdle

agree. can define our season.....

It's just good to have something still to play for.

If we make the top six, then Europe is still a possibility.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    It's just good to have something still to play for.

If we make the top six, then Europe is still a possibility.
    juve.jpg

If we win tomorrow it's game over i reckon.

Left by mutual consent!
    The Johnnies aren’t catching us. We will finish 4th and Europe when Celtic hump Inverness in the final.

St Johnstone only 6 points behind Hearts with the reigning champions still to play Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs before the split. Squeaky bum time down Gorgie.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    St Johnstone have Motherwell and Kilmarnock away. I’m not seeing them picking up many points from those two fixtures.

Motherwell will win on Saturday, it would need a pretty extreme turnaround for St J to come close to winning their last 3. I don't think they'll win any

Win tomorrow and we're looking at 4th, not whether or not we'll be top 6

Motherwell and St J have 2 tough ties each, would be funny if 1 over took Hearts though

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just watched the St Mirren penalty miss at 0-0

Absolute shocker

Just put your laces through it man!

Not seen anything that bad since Cum Dog

https://youtu.be/zrZGSQF1T8g

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Just watched the St Mirren penalty miss at 0-0

Absolute shocker

Just put your laces through it man!

Not seen anything that bad since Cum Dog

https://youtu.be/zrZGSQF1T8g

He won't be flavour of the month with his teammates anyway. Bottom of the league and jobs on the line. Crazy.