hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like them. I wasn't even born in 91 so I don't have any memories of that strip. Maybe I like it because I'm not used to seeing or remembering the old one

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like them. I wasn't even born in 91 so I don't have any memories of that strip. Maybe I like it because I'm not used to seeing or remembering the old one
    I have both original versions of these shirts but still like these two versions, like I said before the copa stuff is top quality material...they make retro tops for all the top European teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnife View Post
    Does anyone else think that replica shirts are really for youngsters?

Fair enough, adults 'collecting' them for posterity reasons I get, but surely not actually wearing them?

My wife would kill me if I wore a football shirt in public/on holiday!!

Only time I wear a hibs top is when we are in a final/at 5's.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Gonna get one of those for wearing on holiday
    Better get the tin hat on bud . The strips are for kids brigade will be all over you . 🤔 I love wearing our colours,abroad and at home . Couldn’t give a monkeys what others think .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Wearing football tops on holiday should be banned anyway unless you're a kid!
    Agreed. Nothing looks more ridiculous than a grown man squeezed into a shiny fitba top.

For the record, the 89 shirt was the brilliant Adidas Frank Graham top.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Agreed. Nothing looks more ridiculous than a grown man squeezed into a shiny fitba top.
    And you're right, they are always 'squeezed' into them and their head is invariably shiny too!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    Does anyone else think that replica shirts are really for youngsters?

Fair enough, adults 'collecting' them for posterity reasons I get, but surely not actually wearing them?

My wife would kill me if I wore a football shirt in public/on holiday!!
    Nope. They are great for hols, easy washed and dried and no ironing. I like a football strip

I liked the long sleeved retro tops but didnt think id suit it.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Better get the tin hat on bud . The strips are for kids brigade will be all over you . 🤔 I love wearing our colours,abroad and at home . Couldn’t give a monkeys what others think .
    Ha ha, couldnt give a **** what anyone on here says 😆 I dont actually wear hibs tops on holiday although I did when I first dipped my toes in international waters many years back, nowadays its a big hibs towel and a couple of cotton hibs t-shirts 😆👍

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I'll need to see it in the shop to check fit but I'm really happy the 06/07 is available. I was a big fan of that kit but mine is too big now (first world problems I know) so would be good to get a new one.

Kind of pointless without the kit manufacture on them really.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I think there was a better attempt at the 91 shirt a few years back – the material had the right pattern and the only real difference was the lack of adidas badge/two stripes instead of three.

If people like them and they sell then great, I have the original of both anyway.
    You’re thinking of the 91/92 shirt. This new one is 90/91.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i bought this one this afternoon, i like the material, 100% cotton no advertising, i likey

Can you help by giving me an idea of what the sizing is like? I am an XL normally for shirts / 44".

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There never used to much grumbling about adult fans wearing replica shirts in the past, but I think the reason why so many do nowadays is the “athletic fit” preferred in modern day sportswear. We could all fit into one of the old Carlsberg shirts without a lot of trouble, but too much Carlsberg drinking and anything less than an athletes physique makes football shirt wearing more problematic for the average adult in 2019.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    You’re thinking of the 91/92 shirt. This new one is 90/91.
    Ah, right enough. It's a poor attempt at that top as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    There never used to much grumbling about adult fans wearing replica shirts in the past, but I think the reason why so many do nowadays is the “athletic fit” preferred in modern day sportswear. We could all fit into one of the old Carlsberg shirts without a lot of trouble, but too much Carlsberg drinking and anything less than an athletes physique makes football shirt wearing more problematic for the average adult in 2019.
    The 'athletic fit' has actually come in handy some ways, as the 2016/17 home shirt was a particularly snug fit when I bought it so it ended up being a weight loss goal to make sure I fit in to it!

Testimonial Due
    There is a definite element of fashion snobbery when it comes down to fans looking down on adults wearing a football shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Can you help by giving me an idea of what the sizing is like? I am an XL normally for shirts / 44".
    I was just through picking up tickets and was having a look at the retro tops in the shop, re size, I would normally buy medium, but looking at both the round collar and open collar shirts, I would have bought the small in both,
    I just thought the material was a bit thin and the 'actual round collar' was massive even for medium or small, so didn't buy one...... Some people are never pleased

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post

i float between M and L(but more on the L ), M was just too tight, L is fine, and they come in a nice copa box :)

i love the cotton as quite often the material on tops nowadays gives me a right fair belt of static when i take them off
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 29-03-2019 at 11:45 AM.

£40 for a poor copy, can’t see it myself.

I’ve always thought that hibs should market their iconic colours with simple cotton t shirts in green and white sleeves - kick them out at £20 or £30 for heavy duty cotton for people who shouldn’t be seen in a replica top, or don’t want to wear one.

No branding or marking required - how many teams in the world are instantly recognisable like us? Barcelona? Ajax?

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    I was just through picking up tickets and was having a look at the retro tops in the shop, re size, I would normally buy medium, but looking at both the round collar and open collar shirts, I would have bought the small in both,
    I just thought the material was a bit thin and the 'actual round collar' was massive even for medium or small, so didn't buy one...... Some people are never pleased
    I agree that they are too thin which makes them £40 t shirts

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    There is a definite element of fashion snobbery when it comes down to fans looking down on adults wearing a football shirt.
    Maybe slightly, but if you are northwards of 18 years old, fat and baldy, it's a horrendous look.

Wearing the full 'kit' is even worse.

'nice I like them. I picked up a Nike training shirt a few years ago that looked just like a Hibs top and got the wife to sew on a 1970's Hibs crest, it looks cool and has confused a lot of people who say..."hang on we never had a Nike shirt in the 1970's".'
    Nice, could you show? I'd like to see this!

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I tried to buy the 1990 one a while back and it’s completely sold out.

so some people must like them. To me that shirt is iconic because it brings back memories of Hands Off Hibs and triumphing over the ftb. Doesn’t really bother me that the sponsor isn’t on the front. I prefer football shirts not tainted by corporate garbage, and yes I’m fully aware of Hibs ‘pioneering’ efforts in that area.
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 18-01-2021 at 06:34 AM.