hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 68
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite an entertaining first weekend with a few surprising results!

    No border closures or restrictions in place at all here just now so fingers crossed for a relatively straight forward season.
    Well. If ever a post screams of "keep your mouth shut" then that was it!

    I booked up to go down for the Bulldogs v West Coast game last Thursday. Got a case on Saturday. Border closed on Sunday. Missed out on getting to an absolutely phenomenal game.

    Looks like we won't be travelling interstate any time soon so my trip to see us play St Kilda in 2 weeks and Collingwood in Perth in 3 weeks are all up the swanny.

    Still, I'm liking how we're looking this season... and at least a lockdown allows for plenty of AFL time!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well. If ever a post screams of "keep your mouth shut" then that was it!

    I booked up to go down for the Bulldogs v West Coast game last Thursday. Got a case on Saturday. Border closed on Sunday. Missed out on getting to an absolutely phenomenal game.

    Looks like we won't be travelling interstate any time soon so my trip to see us play St Kilda in 2 weeks and Collingwood in Perth in 3 weeks are all up the swanny.

    Still, I'm liking how we're looking this season... and at least a lockdown allows for plenty of AFL time!
    That's a real shame. Yes, West Coast could go very well again this year. Terrible result for Saints against the Demons, but Essendon this weekend should be a gimme. They already look like wooden spoon contenders.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, St Kilda started with an away win at GWS, despite an injury ravaged team . I'm hoping for finals again this year.
    Iíve been up early this morning and watched Essendon v St Kilda - itís been 1 way traffic, 60 point lead and q3 not even finished yet.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a real shame. Yes, West Coast could go very well again this year. Terrible result for Saints against the Demons, but Essendon this weekend should be a gimme. They already look like wooden spoon contenders.
    Iíll accept your apology for the outlandish writing off of my bombers in writing please.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll accept your apology for the outlandish writing off of my bombers in writing please.
    Apology freely given. I can't believe Saints conceded 143 points to an injury ravaged Essendon. However, anything is possible with St Kilda. West Coast will destroy us this weekend.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apology freely given. I can't believe Saints conceded 143 points to an injury ravaged Essendon. However, anything is possible with St Kilda. West Coast will destroy us this weekend.
    Just flew into Melbourne this morning. Off for a covid test now and have to isolate til my result comes back. Got my ticket for the game though, genuinely canít wait!

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just flew into Melbourne this morning. Off for a covid test now and have to isolate til my result comes back. Got my ticket for the game though, genuinely can’t wait!
    Got the alarm set, even though I'm dreading it. Enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 09-04-2021 at 12:17 AM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got the alarm set, even though I'm dreading it. Enjoy the game.
    Some game this has been. That should be it all over now.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Shambles

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apology freely given. I can't believe Saints conceded 143 points to an injury ravaged Essendon. However, anything is possible with St Kilda. West Coast will destroy us this weekend.
    Wrong again! Haha

    Game of two halves. Saints lifted massively in second half but their effort and pressure was there all game. Steele is absolutely superb. Eagles had no answer at all.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some game this has been. That should be it all over now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shambles
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wrong again! Haha

    Game of two halves. Saints lifted massively in second half but their effort and pressure was there all game. Steele is absolutely superb. Eagles had no answer at all.
    I should have bet in play when Saints were 33 points down. Eight consecutive goals later and it's a great win.

    That was St Kilda summed up in one game! You never know what you're going to get. I'm zero from four on my game predictions so far!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I'm still pretty salty about the game. What a capitulation. You'd rather it happened now than at the other end of the season though.

  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still pretty salty about the game. What a capitulation. You'd rather it happened now than at the other end of the season though.
    West Coast, Geelong and Collingwood are 3 teams I would be looking closely at this season as with the new man on the mark rules and ageing squads they could be in a spot of bother. Youthful teams with runners from deep will benefit the most.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West Coast, Geelong and Collingwood are 3 teams I would be looking closely at this season as with the new man on the mark rules and ageing squads they could be in a spot of bother. Youthful teams with runners from deep will benefit the most.
    Couldn't agree more. Swans early success is a great example of this. That being said, I still think West Coast will come out as a top four team once everyone figures it out.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West Coast, Geelong and Collingwood are 3 teams I would be looking closely at this season as with the new man on the mark rules and ageing squads they could be in a spot of bother. Youthful teams with runners from deep will benefit the most.
    One thing that frustrates me about the sport is the constant rule changes. Every year there is something new to adapt to. Surely, after 150 years they can figure out what's best and stick with it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't agree more. Swans early success is a great example of this. That being said, I still think West Coast will come out as a top four team once everyone figures it out.
    I agree. Think Optus is a big advantage for them and will help them in. They do still have a really good squad too.

  18. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing that frustrates me about the sport is the constant rule changes. Every year there is something new to adapt to. Surely, after 150 years they can figure out what's best and stick with it.
    Yep you and everyone else. Constant tinkering with the game does no good. Should be a review every 2/3 years.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    St Kilda's 88 point defeat to Richmond in Round 5 was every bit as bad as the Melbourne hammering. The most unpredictable team in the competition, but the defence is a massive worry: over 500 points conceded in five games is appalling.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  20. #49
    Anzac Day weekend this weekend so the big Collingwood vs Essendon headline is only a few days away. Both teams having a tough time with injuries but buzzing nonetheless.

  21. #50
    **** the Pies

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** the Pies
    Another disaster class from St Kilda against Port. The Hawthorn game is now a must win.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another disaster class from St Kilda against Port. The Hawthorn game is now a must win.
    No idea whatís happened to the Saints this year. Look a shell of the team from last season. Midfield is slow and small forwards not nearly as productive. Worrying for them.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea whatís happened to the Saints this year. Look a shell of the team from last season. Midfield is slow and small forwards not nearly as productive. Worrying for them.
    Still good enough to beat West Coast though....

    Our game against the Cats on Saturday was as bad as Iíve seen from any of my teams in any sport for a long, long time.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea whatís happened to the Saints this year. Look a shell of the team from last season. Midfield is slow and small forwards not nearly as productive. Worrying for them.
    There are rumours of splits in the dressing room etc, but I don't know if it's just media talk. Yes, they've taken a big step backwards this year, which is surprising, as they were hoping to build on making finals. There are two winnable games coming up (Hawthorn and Gold Coast) which are now huge. Lose those and it's going to get grim.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    drinking a white russian...
    Posts
    981
    I've just come across this thread! Although I've not followed the AFL properly for a few years, I stil love watching it when I can. I lived in Perth for a while many years ago, with some diehard Eagles fans. So naturally I opted to support the Dockers to noise them up - a port side who at the time favoured purple and green as part of their colours :) Had some brilliant experiences going to games, although at the time WCE were by far the strongest Perth team and humped the Dockers when I went to any derbies. Also managed to see the Swans in Sydney a few times. I find Aussie Rules a brilliant game to watch, and wish it had more coverage over here.
    Last edited by Zorro; 29-04-2021 at 04:38 PM.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just come across this thread! Although I've not followed the AFL properly for a few years, I stil love watching it when I can. I lived in Perth for a while many years ago, with some diehard Eagles fans. So naturally I opted to support the Dockers to noise them up - a port side who at the team favoured purple and green as part of their colours :) Had some brilliant experiences going to games, although at the time WCE were by far the strongest Perth team and humped the Dockers when I went to any derbies. Also managed to see the Swans in Sydney a few times. I find Aussie Rules a brilliant game to watch, and wish it had more coverage over here.
    BT sport has very good coverage, with live games and highlights show.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just come across this thread! Although I've not followed the AFL properly for a few years, I stil love watching it when I can. I lived in Perth for a while many years ago, with some diehard Eagles fans. So naturally I opted to support the Dockers to noise them up - a port side who at the time favoured purple and green as part of their colours :) Had some brilliant experiences going to games, although at the time WCE were by far the strongest Perth team and humped the Dockers when I went to any derbies. Also managed to see the Swans in Sydney a few times. I find Aussie Rules a brilliant game to watch, and wish it had more coverage over here.
    Welcome.

    Against all odds I've managed to get a ticket for the derby on Sunday. Masks required, but a small price to pay - albeit I fear it'll be to see Fremantle end our winning streak against them.

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member Zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    drinking a white russian...
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome.

    Against all odds I've managed to get a ticket for the derby on Sunday. Masks required, but a small price to pay - albeit I fear it'll be to see Fremantle end our winning streak against them.
    I had a check of the ladder for the first time in a long time, and saw that the Eagles hadn't had the best season, is this a blip or has it been like that for a while? Although from what you say they've still had the upper hand on Freo for a while... I lived in Perth back in the 90s so at that time the Eagles were very much the dominant derby side, and Freo were complete underdogs. Enjoy the match, had some great banter with Eagles fans at the games I went too, and my Perthmates are all Eagles fans but I still have that soft spot for the Dockers!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BT sport has very good coverage, with live games and highlights show.
    Thanks for that, will check it out and see if I can get it. Can't believe I've missed it for so long, but now I really want to see a match!

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a check of the ladder for the first time in a long time, and saw that the Eagles hadn't had the best season, is this a blip or has it been like that for a while? Although from what you say they've still had the upper hand on Freo for a while... I lived in Perth back in the 90s so at that time the Eagles were very much the dominant derby side, and Freo were complete underdogs. Enjoy the match, had some great banter with Eagles fans at the games I went too, and my Perthmates are all Eagles fans but I still have that soft spot for the Dockers!
    My brother in law is an Eagles fan so I didn't have much choice but to barrack for them; long before I ever thought I'd live in Australia.

    Not travelling well has been our problem forever; but especially the last couple of seasons.

    I really was not expecting such a convincing win yesterday - shame we were locked out in the end. That's the third game this year I've had a ticket for and been unable to go to because of Covid!

    A much better performance and the Dockers will be rightly annoyed at themselves.

    I'm down in Melbourne for my first MCG visit on Sunday for the Hawks game though so fingers crossed we carry the form on; especially after Hawthorn's inauspicious recent form. Mind you, that didn't stop us crumbling to the Saints.

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Zorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    drinking a white russian...
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My brother in law is an Eagles fan so I didn't have much choice but to barrack for them; long before I ever thought I'd live in Australia.

    Not travelling well has been our problem forever; but especially the last couple of seasons.

    I really was not expecting such a convincing win yesterday - shame we were locked out in the end. That's the third game this year I've had a ticket for and been unable to go to because of Covid!

    A much better performance and the Dockers will be rightly annoyed at themselves.

    I'm down in Melbourne for my first MCG visit on Sunday for the Hawks game though so fingers crossed we carry the form on; especially after Hawthorn's inauspicious recent form. Mind you, that didn't stop us crumbling to the Saints.
    Just checked in to see the weekend results - oofty, that looks like a doing, Eagles by 59! Well done, but that's a real shame the fans couldn't be there, hopefully next time. Enjoy the MCG, I never saw a game there but it's some ground.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)