hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Official Site: UPDATE FROM LEEANN DEMPSTER

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Decent statement.

Got to be moving up that league table now!

@hibs.net private member
    To even suggest the closure of the East Stand is madness....

I am glad Leeann put that rumour to bed straight away.

I would hate to think of the deserved backlash the idiot that invaded the pitch would face should such a punishment be carried out.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't see how any right minded supporter can disagree with any of that.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Very good statement.

Also really good to see that the majority of our fans in recent weeks are pushing towards removing this element of our support.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Well said Leeann.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good statement

Be Interesting to know how close to the stadium the person was who set off the pyro...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Be Interesting to know how close to the stadium the person was who set off the pyro...
    It had to be in the confines of the cub property surely.

There was a flare set off inside the FF upper. Curious that they talk about a ban for one outside the stadium, but not for one inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    There was a flare set off inside the FF upper. Curious that they talk about a ban for one outside the stadium, but not for one inside!
    I could be wrong but would think that they never caught the person responsible for the 1 in the ff upper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't argue with any of that.

@hibs.net private member
    I saw a yound lad being lifted on Albion Place about 20 mins before KO. Let off a green flare, police appeared, cuffed and back of the van, evening over. Dunno if it was him Leanne referred to.

Generally, I think Leanne is spot on - not even the mearest hint of whataboutery. IMHO that's what makes the official Ibrox STATEMENTS so funny/depressing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cant be fairer or clearer than that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very good statement, of course not as good as anything Sevco put out but she will get there.

Very good statement Leann, no deflecting issues elsewhere acknowledges the clubs name has been tarnished and the steps taken against individuals. Hope media acknowledge this and note we are not indulging in any “whatabootery” here.

Last edited by Bobby Moore; 13-03-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Great statement which clarifies all but I think we all know you can have as many cameras as you want but fans themselves can be the even better deterrent by reporting any incidents or wrong doings by this minority of idiots.
    Well said Leann.

Does the acting on any reports of rule breaking include opposition fans?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Of course it doesn’t.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    If your able to identify something being done from where your sitting in the stadium then why not. If you can point out with certainty individuals in the away end who have chucked stuff at players or dished out racist/homophobic/sectarian abuse then tell the stewards or police.

However, telling the 20 year old student earning minimum wage at his Saturday job as a steward that he needs to sort out the 2000 rangers fans all singing the billy boys together isn't going to work.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I'd like the club to provide a number to text to highlight incidents or behaviour in real time to the police.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I'd like the club to provide a number to text to highlight incidents or behaviour in real time to the police.
    Yep that would help as you may not remember key details like seat number etc once you get home whereas if you're sitting at the game you can see it in front of you.

As an aside I would be interested to know how close the person who set off the pyrotechnic was to the stadium. If you are outside the stadium how close do you need to be on matchday to misbehave in order for action to be taken against you by the club?

I don't particularly care that the person's been banned as I don't know them and i'm also not in the habit of bringing such items to games but it would be interesting to find out.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    They do that in the Suncorp Stadium for Brisbane Roar matches.

I’d imagine that it would be subject to more fake texts by those playing pranks on others but I agree that it would be good to have something like this for in the moment incidents.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Yup. And then presumably our new up to date CCTV could keep an eye on them once they receive a text reporting them.

This is a good suggestion. It would make the process of placing the assessment/handling any incident in the right hands quick and easy

I agree, this would provide a safe way for wholly unacceptable behaviour to be addressed.

Let's also knock on the head the idea that anyone reporting such behaviour is a "grass". I believe that we all have a responsibility to our Club to ensure that we can watch the game without racial, homophobic or sectarian abuse ringing in our ears and without bottles, flares or coins being thrown onto the pitch or at players / coaching staff. Such behaviours are simply unacceptable and we all have a part to play to address these.

Admittedly we've a long way to go on the sectarian abuse front. Both sets of the ugly sisters deliver huge amounts of this every time they visit but any complaint we make about it is wholly negated if they point to bottle / coin throwing incidents or assaults on their players. The tube that vaulted the wall to challenge Tavernier cannot be classed in the same bracket as the exuberance fans at Hampden in 2016!

Left by mutual consent!
    Imagine some of the nonesense the police would be getting inundated with if that ever happened. "man to my left keeps swearing" "boy behind me keeps kicking my seat" "girl to my right is saying rude things about Milligans fitness levels...please arrest her.
    It's a ridiculous idea

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Imagine some of the nonesense the police would be getting inundated with if that ever happened. "man to my left keeps swearing" "boy behind me keeps kicking my seat" "girl to my right is saying rude things about Milligans fitness levels...please arrest her.
    It's a ridiculous idea
    It would be up to them with the stewards to review and decide what merited monitoring. Dont think it is a bad thing but does need managed?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Great statement, strong words and anyone who disagrees needs to take a real look at themselves.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ragin’

Seriously though very good statement which goes into a lot further detail than it needed to.