hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t bank on that. There are some who don’t see him as the next permanent manager but I think there is every likelihood that, if they win the league and cup with him, he will be offered the job. If that happens and his admiration for SA is correct, SA will be tempted to stay there, irrespective of pre contract issues.
    Really ?? why then do we even bother entering into them then?? If Allan wants to renege and stay at Darkheid , which i personally doubt he does, then he will find himself in a ****storm which could end up in Fifa sanctioning him, unless ALL parties agree to dissolving the Pre Contract Agreement. I posted a link above in another post, perhaps you should read it as it explains the legal implications far better than i ever could.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Don’t bank on that. There are some who don’t see him as the next permanent manager but I think there is every likelihood that, if they win the league and cup with him, he will be offered the job. If that happens and his admiration for SA is correct, SA will be tempted to stay there, irrespective of pre contract issues.
    Well its taken 4 pages but maybe my original question is being addressed. Doubts creeping in?
    Apart from Jim44 😃

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Well its taken 4 pages but maybe my original question is being addressed. Doubts creeping in?
    Nope. SA has signed a contract and will be a Hibs player next season.

If Celtic win the league, and that was always a stick-on certainty, and still is, it won't be because of NL. If Lawell thought for one minute that winning the league was ever in doubt, he wouldn't have appointed him. John Kennedy could easily have taken the team for the rest of the season and won the league, but very doubtful he'd have been kept on.

It could be that after the season's end, Lawell will announce that the search for a new manager has been going on for a while, and lo and behold, the best candidate is already in the building!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Then Celtic can buy him off of us for a £2m+.
    Where’s your smiley? Seriously, I can see a situation where SA changes his mind ( probably based on financial terms) and it would be futile for us to fight against his wishes. I don’t think the financial sanction for reneging on the precontract would break the bank at Parkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Nope. SA has signed a contract and will be a Hibs player next season.
    SA has signed something, and the finer detail of that will determine whether or not he is at ER next season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    SA has signed something, and the finer detail of that will determine whether or not he is at ER next season.
    I’m not going out on a limb, suggesting that SA might very well stay at Parkhead, but legalities of the situation are dependent on the finer detail. I just have a really strong feeling that the contract will not be so binding as to stop SA and Celtic getting out of it at insignificant cost to them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Where’s your smiley? Seriously, I can see a situation where SA changes his mind ( probably based on financial terms) and it would be futile for us to fight against his wishes. I don’t think the financial sanction for reneging on the precontract would break the bank at Parkhead.
    I can't see it. Mainly because it would pretty much be unprecedented. The only thing even close was the RC boy but the two clubs came to a mutual agreement that was nothing to do with terms of the pre contract.

There's no way Hibs have given SA a pre contract that is different from 99.9% of pre-contracts. His will generally be the same as any other and he'll be a Hibs player next season.

I’m not going out on a limb, suggesting that SA might very well stay at Parkhead, but legalities of the situation are dependent on the finer detail. I just have a really strong feeling that the contract will not be so binding as to stop SA and Celtic getting out of it at insignificant cost to them.
    The contract had absolutely nothing, not one thing, to do with Celtic. They wouldn't have been involved in negotiations at all so why would they have any clause to get out of it?

Left by mutual consent!
    After all that's gone down between the 2 clubs recently, SJM, saying no to Allan on loan, Lennon situation, Petrie and Lawwell fall out and others, there's basically no danger we will turn around and say "no problem SA, we don't want to argue your wishes mate, good luck"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The contract had absolutely nothing, not one thing, to do with Celtic. They wouldn't have been involved in negotiations at all so why would they have any clause to get out of it?
    Could SA be the first player in history to hand in a transfer request after signing a pre-contract?

Left by mutual consent!
    Let's not forget that the first time he was here we were in the Championship. The second time he was playing alongside McGinn and McGeouch.... let us see how good he is in the SPL lining up alongside side inferior players. There is a hell of a difference between SJM and Dylan compared to Milligan and Mallan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You’re right, I take your point about Celtic’s involvement, but my suspicious mind sees SA getting an offer from Celtic and financially backed by them to wriggle out of it by way of compensation to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Let's not forget that the first time he was here we were in the Championship. The second time he was playing alongside McGinn and McGeouch.... let us see how good he is in the SPL lining up alongside side inferior players. There is a hell of a difference between SJM and Dylan compared to Milligan and Mallan
    And it's not as if we will be signing anybody else to play beside him.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You’re right, I take your point about Celtic’s involvement, but my suspicious mind sees SA getting an offer from Celtic and financially backed by them to wriggle out of it by way of compensation to us.
    So they’d buy him from us despite not being under contract according to some

To ‘stay’ there he’d have to sign a contract and strictly speaking he would not be free to do so unless Hibs agreed not to pursue their contractual rights. While the SFA would not register the ‘pre-contract’ it does not mean they’d register a contract signed with another club until the parties to the pre-contract had come to an agreement.

In this case the dispute would be entirely in the same association and I’m not sure they’d welcome their rules and procedures being picked over in court if they ignore the pre-contract. Given the way Celtc have been, if I was Hibs in this unlikely event I would take it to litigation unless the ‘transfer fee’ was way over what they offered for SJM

As things stand right now, Bartley, Gauld, Omeonga, McNulty, Daz, SDG, Nelom, Bigirimana, Bogdan and Agyepong will all be out the door in summer. Maybe some contracts will be renewed, but we're going to have a bunch of new players as well as Scott Allan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    As things stand right now, Bartley, Gauld, Omeonga, McNulty, Daz, SDG, Nelom, Bigirimana, Bogdan and Agyepong will all be out the door in summer. Maybe some contracts will be renewed, but we're going to have a bunch of new players as well as Scott Allan.
    Whittaker will be gone in the summer also.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Relax. Allan will be here for pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Whittaker will be gone in the summer also.
    I forgot he was still playing for us! Hecky's presumably not as much of a Whitty fan as Lennon was.

Left by mutual consent!
    We had to carry out major rebuilding of the squad this season. looks like another major rebuild is on the cards for next season. That's the drawback of filling your squad with loanees

We had to carry out major rebuilding of the squad this season. looks like another major rebuild is on the cards for next season. That's the drawback of filling your squad with loanees
    Filling our squad with loanees, you mean like the whole two that played recently v the rangers ? (One of whom set up the move and the other that scored) Oh and zero loanees on the bench either.

Next ....

Left by mutual consent!
    Therefore why are you moaning about who Allan plays alongside next season then?

Testimonial Due
    We could have two new fantastic midfielders joining Allan in the summer. Who’s to say?

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Filling our squad with loanees, you mean like the whole two that played recently v the rangers ? (One of whom set up the move and the other that scored) Oh and zero loanees on the bench either.

Next ....
    That's actually the nature of problem - if your best players are loanees, and you've built a winning team with them, then you're completely shafted once the transfer window hits and you have to send them home. There's no danger we're keeping McNulty or Omeonga after the summer - we simply won't be able to afford them.

As for the notion that there were only two loanees - the reason only two loan players were playing on Friday is because the other four(!) were injured. If we're paying their wages right now, then I'd say that of those four, we've only got our money's worth from Bogdan, so far. We do have a shortage of fit players right now, and the loan signings aren't helping much with that!
    Last edited by Aim Here; 12-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Apparently Roberto Martinez has come rocketing into the betting. Wonder what NL makes of that. Another strop?

In the event of him getting the job does Martinez fancy Scott Allan enough to make him an offer?

If NL does get the permanent gig will he try to woo Scott Allan?

Intriguing.

Testimonial Due
    On dodgy loan players. Higgy had Ryan Kent on loan at Barnsley, if he can get in that kind of quality of player in on loan next season then I'll be happy. From what I've read he has a good eye for a player.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Apparently Roberto Martinez has come rocketing into the betting. Wonder what NL makes of that. Another strop?

In the event of him getting the job does Martinez fancy Scott Allan enough to make him an offer?

If NL does get the permanent gig will he try to woo Scott Allan?

Intriguing.
    It’s not really intriguing is it, because as every second poster on this thread has pointed out, his pre contract means he will be a Hibs player next season.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    It’s not really intriguing is it, because as every second poster on this thread has pointed out, his pre contract means he will be a Hibs player next season.
    😂

Exactly how I feel. God knows how this even became something to be concerned about.

That's actually the nature of problem - if your best players are loanees, and you've built a winning team with them, then you're completely shafted once the transfer window hits and you have to send them home. There's no danger we're keeping McNulty or Omeonga after the summer - we simply won't be able to afford them.

As for the notion that there were only two loanees - the reason only two loan players were playing on Friday is because the other four(!) were injured. If we're paying their wages right now, then I'd say that of those four, we've only got our money's worth from Bogdan, so far. We do have a shortage of fit players right now, and the loan signings aren't helping much with that!
    Every club has loanees, it makes financial sense to have a mix of loanees and full time players. These guys who have come in are there to hopefully enhance the current squad, they are not signed to take someones place. Bogdan has been good after a slow start, the Man city lad hasnt had a real chance because of injury but its no great secret we need width with Boyle being out. McNulty replaced McLaren so that was a vital position filled and it has worked so far. Omeonga has shown he could be a useful player and the Leicester lad was signed to shore up a defence thats been riddled with injuries (yeah I know he is injured) So fit, all those players have a role to play in this team. If any of them move on then Heckingbottom will obviously move to replace them, permanent or loan, if they compliment what we have, will be interesting to see what he does when he has a transfer window to work with.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post

Next ....
    We currently have 6 loan players in the squad and the player who scored against ''the rangers'' is called Florian Kamberi. He was on loan last season but we signed him permanently during last summers transfer window

Next...
    Last edited by Besties Debut; 12-03-2019 at 05:58 PM.