hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you a lawyer? Specifically, an employment lawyer?

I will hold my hand up and say I’m no expert in this area, but my understanding is that a PCA is a binding agreement and can only be broken if all three parties (player and both clubs) are in agreement.
    No but have read an article from an employment lawyer regarding pre contracts

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    So its a contract saying you will sign a contract?

Its a pre contract because we cant register him now, he has already signed and agreed the contract with Hibs. He will be a Hibs player.

You give me an example of someone freely walking away from a pre contract with no compensation or anything and I'll believe you. It doesn't happen.
    Yep - to sign a contract that can then be registered with the first (pre) contract sensibly covering all the terms like length etc you agree will put in the registerable contract. To me it seems all so simple.. but not to all it would seem. Freely walking away could happen if the aggrieved party was feeling generous

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    What part of PRE contract do you not understand, it's an agreement to say you will sign a contract on a set date, it is not the actual contract

Allan has agreed all parts of a new contract which is for 3 years, this contract has been signed and will start when his Celtic one is finished and he is registered by us to the SFA. When Richard Britain had his cancelled by St Johnstone it was due to family reasons and not footballing ones, this will not happen with Allan.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Allan has agreed all parts of a new contract which is for 3 years, this contract has been signed and will start when his Celtic one is finished and he is registered by us to the SFA. When Richard Britain had his cancelled by St Johnstone it was due to family reasons and not footballing ones, this will not happen with Allan.
    Again I have never once said he wont sign, the poster stated a pre contract is the contract, it is not

Yep. Dunno why this is hard to understand. Allan cannot just walk away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Yep - to sign a contract that can then be registered with the first (pre) contract sensibly covering all the terms like length etc you agree will put in the registerable contract. To me it seems all so simple.. but not to all it would seem. Freely walking away could happen if the aggrieved party was feeling generous
    Indeed, its very simple. Allan would have to break the contract (which would have repercussions) for anything to change.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yep. Dunno why this is hard to understand. Allan cannot just walk away from it.

Indeed, its very simple. Allan would have to break the contract (which would have repercussions) for anything to change.

The Britain case when he wanted out of his due to family reasons is a perfect example, St Johnstone had to agree to rip up his pre contract, if Allan wanted to change his mind Hibs would also have to agree to it being cancelled, they might not be to happy to do so and could possibly take further legal action, this of course won't happen.

He's going to be a cracking signing

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    No point in playing if you've already won reserve player of the year I guess.
    😃😃

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    He's going to be a cracking signing
    Third time lucky!

The Britain case when he wanted out of his due to family reasons is a perfect example, St Johnstone had to agree to rip up his pre contract, if Allan wanted to change his mind Hibs would also have to agree to it being cancelled, they might not be to happy to do so and could possibly take further legal action, this of course won't happen.
    Hibs would need to agree of course but if the player made it known that they had changed their mind and no longer wanted to sign for a particular club, what would be gained by making the player sign for a club they didn't want to go to?

I'm not saying that is the case with Allan by the way. I'm just saying that a player holds all the power and if they say the deal's off then it's off regardless of what's been agreed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Hibs would need to agree of course but if the player made it known that they had changed their mind and no longer wanted to sign for a particular club, what would be gained by making the player sign for a club they didn't want to go to?

I'm not saying that is the case with Allan by the way. I'm just saying that a player holds all the power and if they say the deal's off then it's off regardless of what's been agreed before.
    What would Hibs gain? Simple. The transfer fee as they punt the player on to somewhere he'd prefer to go.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Yes it's an agreement to sign a contract,I didnt say he wont be a hibs player at any point, I'm pretty sure Darren McCormack had a pre contract in place with Celtic then signed a new contract tract with us
    My recollection of that is that Celtc had to agree to void the pre-contract. If McCormack had been an established player worth millions, they wouldn’t have been quite so accommodating imho.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    My recollection of that is that Celtc had to agree to void the pre-contract. If McCormack had been an established player worth millions, they wouldn’t have been quite so accommodating imho.
    And I’m guessing our relationship with them wasn’t as fractured as it is at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    And I’m guessing our relationship with them wasn’t as fractured as it is at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cant be that bad we have just given them our manager.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

We wouldn’t necessarily keep them but we’d sell them on in the exact same way we would if they’d been at us the previous season and decided they wanted to move on.

Allan will be at Hibs next season. I can’t quite believe so many people are even questioning it.. starting to wonder if I’m missing an inside joke

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We wouldn’t necessarily keep them but we’d sell them on in the exact same way we would if they’d been at us the previous season and decided they wanted to move on.

Allan will be at Hibs next season. I can’t quite believe so many people are even questioning it.. starting to wonder if I’m missing an inside joke
    Tbh my main doubt about it all would be whether or not Hibs still want him?

Don't get me wrong - I think he's an absolutely fantastic player and he'd be top of my list of potential summer signings.

It has been widely reported that Heck favours a "high press" and that's not and never will be Scott Allan's game.

For me, a team needs to be built that carries Scott Allan and allows him to focus on the attacking side of his game without doing too much defending. Will our manager change his ways to accommodate such a player?

I can't see Mallan having much of a future with us either.

I fully expect a spate of unknowns arriving in the summer, Hibs.net to go into meltdown but for us to actually have a pretty tasty team once our manager has his own players in.

I suspect we'll have none of our current players playing for us in 3 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Don't get me wrong - I think he's an absolutely fantastic player and he'd be top of my list of potential summer signings.

It has been widely reported that Heck favours a "high press" and that's not and never will be Scott Allan's game.

For me, a team needs to be built that carries Scott Allan and allows him to focus on the attacking side of his game without doing too much defending. Will our manager change his ways to accommodate such a player?

I fully expect a spate of unknowns arriving in the summer, Hibs.net to go into meltdown but for us to actually have a pretty tasty team once our manager has his own players in.

I suspect we'll have none of our current players playing for us in 3 years time.
    Hmmm!

Seem to remember us playing a high press second half of last season with Flo and Jamie MAC pressing from the front with great success

I remember SA coming off after every game with his strip covered in sweat and a big smile on his face

I would be very surprised if the older members of our current squad are still kicking around the squad in three years time
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 12-03-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Talkceltic.net saying Scott Allan Training with the first team squad this week

They reckon NL fancies him as a player

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Talkceltic.net saying Scott Allan Training with the first team squad this week

They reckon NL fancies him as a player
    They ain’t the brightest are they? Signing him for us was a wee clue that he likes the player.
    I doubt Lennon will be there himself next season though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scott Allan has not kicked a ball since May last year. He is coming back for a 3rd time to play for a manager he doesn't know and who plays a formation that's not suited to his game. If it was suddenly announced that we have come to a mutual agreement to rip up his pre-contract and instead use the money to finance a deal to buy Stephane Omeonga would anyone be that upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Scott Allan has not kicked a ball since May last year. He is coming back for a 3rd time to play for a manager he doesn't know and who plays a formation that's not suited to his game. If it was suddenly announced that we have come to a mutual agreement to rip up his pre-contract and instead use the money to finance a deal to buy Stephane Omeonga would anyone be that upset?
    Scott Allan please

Left by mutual consent!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    As much as I like Omeonga I would be f***ing raging if that were the case......and I'm one of the happy clappers as well.

I would go as far as to say if the formation we play doesn't accommodate Scotty then we change the bloody formation until it does.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Deary me 😂

Oh the banter.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I thought SA had improved his game massively last time, doing a lot more defensive duties than his first time around.

I really don't think a high pressing game is out the questions for SA to fit into - build a high pressing team around him.

Also, FWIW thinking that the pre-contract will be ripped up because SA has made up numbers in the Celtic reserves is pure tinfoil hat material.

Left by mutual consent!

Interesting read

https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/training-knowledge/features-and-articles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/

"if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.". Could be crucial !!

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    I thought SA had improved his game massively last time, doing a lot more defensive duties than his first time around.

I really don't think a high pressing game is out the questions for SA to fit into - build a high pressing team around him.

Also, FWIW thinking that the pre-contract will be ripped up because SA has made up numbers in the Celtic reserves is pure tinfoil hat material.
    Absolutely. He looked more than capable of playing as a proper centre midfielder last season rather than a luxury free role type player. Would have no concerns with his ability to press the ball (although I’d rather he conserved his energy for being a creative force).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They ain’t the brightest are they? Signing him for us was a wee clue that he likes the player.
    I doubt Lennon will be there himself next season though.
    Don’t bank on that. There are some who don’t see him as the next permanent manager but I think there is every likelihood that, if they win the league and cup with him, he will be offered the job. If that happens and his admiration for SA is correct, SA will be tempted to stay there, irrespective of pre contract issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Don’t bank on that. There are some who don’t see him as the next permanent manager but I think there is every likelihood that, if they win the league and cup with him, he will be offered the job. If that happens and his admiration for SA is correct, SA will be tempted to stay there, irrespective of pre contract issues.
    Then Celtic can buy him off of us for a £2m+.