hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

Sack Heckingbottom...Said Nobody at All!

Hardly had time to sup the first moothfy of my pint when I got back to the pub after the game last night, when I was asked from a good mate and a regular ST holder my thoughts.

My reply was that I was delighted with a hard fought point, only for his reply to this was I would sack Heckingbottom. His logic made no sense to me and I told him that I wasn't even going to give him the time of day as to why he thought that.

When I got home around 1.30am I was really surprised with the amount of negativity that was on here RE: the performance against a very decent rangers team, bearing in mind how depleted our squad is I was delighted that the manager realised that he got it wrong not only with his starting choice of formation but the ability to change it by bringing Omeonga in from the wide position into a more central one and bringing Kamberi in from his CF position to playing him out wide. That for me was a really good tactic that certainly went a long way in getting a decent point in the end.

Sack the manager after only four league games, gaining 10 points out of 12 - yer having a laugh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The head coach is doing much better than the last with the group of players he can’t add to. Nobody at all had said sack him.

Bizzare.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The head coach is doing much better than the last with the group of players he can’t add to. Nobody at all had said sack him.

Bizzare.
    Without dredging through everything said on here last night, I think that a lot of the comments were ( unfairly IMO) going in the direction of not wanting Heckingbottom.

Bizzare.
    Eh? I never said anyone on here did.
    Last edited by green with envy; 09-03-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Hardly had time to sup the first moothfy of my pint when I got back to the pub after the game last night, when I was asked from a good mate and a regular ST holder my thoughts.

My reply was that I was delighted with a hard fought point, only for his reply to this was I would sack Heckingbottom. His logic made no sense to me and I told him that I wasn't even going to give him the time of day as to why he thought that.

When I got home around 1.30am I was really surprised with the amount of negativity that was on here RE: the performance against a very decent rangers team, bearing in mind how depleted our squad is I was delighted that the manager realised that he got it wrong not only with his starting choice of formation but the ability to change it by bringing Omeonga in from the wide position into a more central one and bringing Kamberi in from his CF position to playing him out wide. That for me was a really good tactic that certainly went a long way in getting a decent point in the end.

Sack the manager after only four league games, gaining 10 points out of 12 - yer having a laugh.

That should have been the tactic before the start of the game and certainly 5 mins in to the game!

Think the issue is, is that he has promised/philosophy of high pressing football, going forward with purpose and the ball on the deck. None of which have been met.

Before the response of aye but we beat Hamilton etc. and won away to St Johnstone all of which is correct however, St Johnstone could have been two up before we scored, Dundee keeper was poor, and when Hamilton changed their formation in the second half they more or less nullified us. So we still haven’t hit these promises of high intensity, high press, etc.

That’s my take on what the folk are getting at re; getting rid of a guy that knows nothing about Scottish football and has walked in to a club suffering a lot of injuries etc.

I say give him time, at least a transfer window or, two - as long as we are not near the bottom before the second window.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Your mate is a quality troll. Does he post on here, by any chance?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    FFS - The guy is just in the door and he has Stevenson/Hanlon/ McGregor/SDG as his back four. Even Harry Houdini couldn't make that work.

Last edited by Sergey; 09-03-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Your mate is a quality troll. Does he post on here, by any chance?
    He definitely doesn't.

He definitely doesn't.
    Sounds like he'd fit right in, with that kind of patter

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Sounds like he'd fit right in, with that kind of patter

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Sadly it seems some folk aren’t going to get over Lennon quickly. Heckingbottom has made a great start yet there have been so many already questioning his appointment. Plenty also seem to forgot how utterly dire we were under Lennon this season.

Can’t wait to see who Heckingbottom signs over the summer to improve the team.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Bizzare.
    His mate did. That's his point.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    Mental.

I was disappointed when NL left but I think Heckingbottom is doing a decent job thus far with the resources available to him at present.

Back in the top 6 and 4 decent league performances.

I was praying to get to HT last night at 0-0 so he would have the chance to change things.

That wasn’t to be but change it he did and we were much more competitive in the 2nd half and could potentially have won the game.

Could have switched it around earlier? Yes of course he could but his post match interview hinted that he felt he needed the duration of the break to explain what he was needing the players to do and perhaps felt trying to do it on the hoof so to speak during the first half may have caused more harm than good.

Left by mutual consent!

Whilst I remain unconvinced by Hecky, time will be the teller and I think folk forget we've already had two similar backs to the wall games against the sticky buns this season, and that was with Lennon in charge and the likes of Boyle and Ambrose still in the team.

First Team Breakthrough
    It will take more than 1 transfer window to sort out the mess Lennon left but I am quietly confident Heckingbottom will do it with all our support

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Anyone else for a slo-no car crash on repeat type of thread?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Anyone else for a slo-no car crash on repeat type of thread?
    My draft thread titled "Hibs are a basket case club and I'm away to watch the mighty Jam Tarts" is going to be some read. Don't think it's the right time yet; I will first let things settle on the forum, for maximum impact.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    For a lot of fans, you get the feeling that Paul and Robbie will always be just a couple of bad results away from being hounded out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    FFS - The guy is just in the door and he has Stevenson/Hanlon/ McGregor/SDG as his back four. Even Harry Houdini couldn't make that work.

Is that 4 Scottish Cup Legends you mean🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by leith_hibs View Post
    That should have been the tactic before the start of the game and certainly 5 mins in to the game!

Think the issue is, is that he has promised/philosophy of high pressing football, going forward with purpose and the ball on the deck. None of which have been met.

Before the response of aye but we beat Hamilton etc. and won away to St Johnstone all of which is correct however, St Johnstone could have been two up before we scored, Dundee keeper was poor, and when Hamilton changed their formation in the second half they more or less nullified us. So we still haven’t hit these promises of high intensity, high press, etc.

That’s my take on what the folk are getting at re; getting rid of a guy that knows nothing about Scottish football and has walked in to a club suffering a lot of injuries etc.

I say give him time, at least a transfer window or, two - as long as we are not near the bottom before the second window.
    Think some of your comments are a bit harsh. He’s made it clear how he wants the game played. However, you can’t play like that with any set of players - and as you said, our squad has been hit hard by injuries. He needs to get players in that will be able to play the way he aspires to. He’s doing superbly with what he has available at the moment imo.

We've clearly performed with more bottle on the pitch since Heck took over.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    We've clearly performed with more bottle on the pitch since Heck took over.
    Not the best turn of phrase just noo, mate.

Bizarre! Just realised that the title of the thread has been changed.

Admins?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Yeah I read it wrongly, apologies to the op.

Yeah I read it wrongly, apologies to the op.
    Ha, no worries friend.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Think some of your comments are a bit harsh. He’s made it clear how he wants the game played. However, you can’t play like that with any set of players - and as you said, our squad has been hit hard by injuries. He needs to get players in that will be able to play the way he aspires to. He’s doing superbly with what he has available at the moment imo.
    You’re right and that’s why I wrote give him a couple of transfer windows unless we are near bottom by the second. Then we will all be in a better position to judge him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    The first half of the match day thread is full of folk saying he was out of his depth, embarrassment and he should be binned. I bailed out at that point, he’s just in the door and our only loss so far is to Celtic in the cup. Hardly terrible, and we’ve dug out some good results and looked far more committed than we did under Eddie may and the end of lennons reign.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Bizarre! Just realised that the title of the thread has been changed.

Admins?
    Reorientates things just a smidgeon ... like a 180 degree turn. Flump!
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 09-03-2019 at 09:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    For some people it wouldn’t have been possible for the football to have been too dire as long as we had Lennon at the helm. Some of them will never be won round and if they don’t want to return, fantastic.

Time to build a new era with a positive coach with a good footballing brain, is 100% behind the club and represents us with dignity. Results so far have been great and that’s not even with his players.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction