hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kamberi

kamberi

ok he scored a goal but I thought he was awful tonight> his first touch is dreadful resulting in his second touch being a tackle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok he scored a goal but I thought he was awful tonight> his first touch is dreadful resulting in his second touch being a tackle.
    Seen it very differently, was asked to carry out a crucial role second half and was excellent.

Was a critic earlier this season but thought he was terrific tonight. A few things didn’t come off but he was often lacking options and dealing with some pretty horrific punts.

For me he’s been excellent under the new manager as has McNulty..

They’re going to wreak havoc in games coming up I reckon...

Left by mutual consent!
    ****in hell I thought I was negative. Thread after thread of ripping everything when we just drew with players worth miles more than ours.

I thought Kamberri worked hard tonight and played well but let’s face it, he has a terrible first touch. Like, really bad.
    Still his first touch for the goal was the most important one so he will be forgiven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    ****in hell I thought I was negative. Thread after thread of ripping everything when we just drew with players worth miles more than ours.
    A bit like you on the Omeonga thread you mean?

He was brutal the majority of the match for me.
    This is how it feels

He had a few bad touches and made a few mistakes, but it was a great finish for his goal and he put in a tough shift in an unfamiliar role during the second half, the type of shift that we were crying out for if we were to get back into the game.

Harsh criticising him too much tonight.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I thought Kamberri worked hard tonight and played well but let’s face it, he has a terrible first touch. Like, really bad.
    Still his first touch for the goal was the most important one so he will be forgiven.

Agree with this, his first touch can be awful but he worked hard tonight (I mean, he was defending at the corner flag at one point!) and he scored so it's all good

When the team plays well, kamberi plays well. Need ball to feet and players to link with, midfield we're 2 deep 1st half

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    A bit like you on the Omeonga thread you mean?

He was brutal the majority of the match for me.
    I didn’t create that thread tbh. Even after my post I found positives after it. Let’s rip Kamberi though as well as tactics, Mallan, the manager, the defence and so on.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Thought he done alright in an unfamiliar role for 2/3 of the match.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Me too. He ran his socks off and didn’t let his head go down even when McNulty chose Horgan with the pass a lot when Flo’ was looking for it time and again. He took his one chance brilliantly also.

@hibs.net private member
    3 goals in the last 4 league games and a hell of a shift up and down the left tonight. So pleased he scored again and is our most valuable asset along with Porteous. Bizarre the stick he gets

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    Me too. He ran his socks off and didn’t let his head go down even when McNulty chose Horgan with the pass a lot when Flo’ was looking for it time and again. He took his one chance brilliantly also.
    Some hibs fans are determined to find solace and redemption in hibs being ***** cos their life is *****. Used to stand in front of an old boy in the East terrace who gave consistent abuse to sauzee cos he was a "showboater". Fair enough having issues with the governance or even the management of our club, 100%, but some of the stick kamberi or whoever is the scapegoat of the day says more about folks mental health than the actual performance of the player concerned.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Paid more, not necessarily better though

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Can't believe there's a thread slagging Flo off tonight. The work the boy put in was insane! Must be one of the fittest players I've seen.

Crazy how much of a confidence player he clearly is as well. As soon as he scores he turns into a different player! touch improves, hold up improves, passing improves, flicking over players heads for fun improves. Just hope he keeps it up!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Thought he played very well wide left.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He was as bad as his teammates first half but he was much better second half.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Back to being clinical goals and assists in a weakened side - keep it up big fella

I think his touch is intentially poor/heavy at times to try and fool the defender. Unfortunately when it doesn't come off he looks terrible. He struggled before the goal but as I said on the other thread once he scored you could see the confidence flowing through him again and he was beating men and holding it up. You have to remember defenders get away with murder for some reason against him, times tonight he was having the shirt nearly taken off him and the ref completely ignored it (like he did most things when it would've involved us getting a decision)

Left by mutual consent!
    Put in a great shift last night and deserved a goal.

@hibs.net private member
    He certainly grew into the game as it went on..and took his goal very well. My thoughts on Kamberi is not just his poor first touch, but more that he is often slow to react as the ball comes towards him...compared to McNulty, who is already on the move...darting and spinning away from his defender. Kamberi is like a battering ram..occasionally he does get through, due his physicality...whereas McNulty gets through due to the cleverness of his movement and runs..

Kamberi would be much easier to play against. Not my type of player. Too obvious with his runs. Don't criticise him for work rate - think that is more than good enough - for me, it is more about his lack of movement and forward thought..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also thought he was awful and wanted him subbed before scoring. But the guy scored a good goal again and it gets us the point, that's what strikers are meant to do - and he looked more dangerous in the time left after that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought Kamberi put in a cracking shift last night in a position that is clearly not his preferred one. While his first touch is not always great he clearly knows where the goal is.

His goals per game ratio must be up there with the best for Hibs.

He had a few horror touches that leave you thinking whether it's feet or concrete blocks he's got in his boots but he was a nuisance, put in a great shift and tried to channel Stokes towards the end by drifting out left. Oh, and he scored the goal that got us a point.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    Some hibs fans are determined to find solace and redemption in hibs being ***** cos their life is *****. Used to stand in front of an old boy in the East terrace who gave consistent abuse to sauzee cos he was a "showboater". Fair enough having issues with the governance or even the management of our club, 100%, but some of the stick kamberi or whoever is the scapegoat of the day says more about folks mental health than the actual performance of the player concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    3 goals in the last 4 league games and a hell of a shift up and down the left tonight. So pleased he scored again and is our most valuable asset along with Porteous. Bizarre the stick he gets
    Flo’s got it, along with a few others, McNulty & Omeonga are players although loanees, that 3 + Scotty Allan, building on that, after a satisfying wee result squashing zombies & Slippys title dreams at ER, would be something solid for a base for the new boss’s shaping for next season.

Kamberi is the least of the probems at ER - and he is the only guy at the club that knows how to take throw ins ...

Still think he's better as a centre forward, drifts outside all the time, seems that's what he's been asked to do. At times he was covering Stevenson !

Played out of position, put in a huge shift. First touch was abysmal at times though.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Whenever flo got the ball there was always two or three rangers players on to him