hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Disappointed that the board seem to have focussed on putting kids prices up. For many supporters than is a double hit as we take both kids. Another 20 quid for me and my lad will start playing Saturday football so will have to pay a tenner more for him to come to the odd game. Is there a strategy to get more kids supporting the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KingFlo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Student tickets are up a whopping £60. Why?
    Genuinley just spoke to a few of my pals who are students - they are really questioning if they can actually afford to renew.

£135 to £195 - that’s a considerable increase.

Poor form, Hibs.

Genuinley just spoke to a few of my pals who are students - they are really questioning if they can actually afford to renew.

Poor form, Hibs.
    That’s not good.

I’d argue that £135 was bordering on too good of a value in the first place, but to go up that steeply in one season isn’t on.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I sit in the FF lower family section with my 2 kids , Except they are not really kids now 1 is a youth and 1 is a student so im' not really saving any cash now so it doesn't really cost much more to sit anywhere else in the stadium

So the Famous Five lower won't have the seat release till the 7th of June by which point the early bird will have past so it could be fairly empty next season.

They should have kept the early bird prices for that section till the season started as people can't buy seats for it till the seat release.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    £225 for a regular student season ticket.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

The famous five prices didn't increase last season after the early bird and people can hardly buy the seats that people are moving from if the aren't on sale till after the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    £225 for a regular student season ticket.
    Its £195. So just over a tenner a game?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    The famous five prices didn't increase last season after the early bird and people can hardly buy the seats that people are moving from if the aren't on sale till after the deadline.
    Buy a seat in another stand at early bird pricing, then move after the deadline. Dead easy

That’s not good.

I’d argue that £135 was bordering on too good of a value in the first place, but to go up that steeply in one season isn’t on.
    Hibs were ridiculously cheap for students before. The increase will stick us inline with other clubs our level like Hearts and Aberdeen. A payment plan will cost £17.70 a month, very manageable and decent value IMO.

PS before any students go on a rage I was one for 5 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Hibs were ridiculously cheap for students before. The increase will stick us inline with other clubs our level like Hearts and Aberdeen. A payment plan will cost £17.70 a month, very manageable and decent value IMO.
    Never paid a student price but I do empathise with their point about how sharp an increase it is. Why couldn't they have spread it over two seasons? £135 this season, £165 the next and £195 the season after. Would still be something compared to just whacking it up £60. That's like a 45% increase!

So the Famous Five lower won't have the seat release till the 7th of June by which point the early bird will have past so it could be fairly empty next season.

They should have kept the early bird prices for that section till the season started as people can't buy seats for it till the seat release.
    The FF Lower has so much demand that Hibs reckon they can cope - and it almost always looks empty anyways, even with the seats virtually sold out, so I'm not sure anyone would notice the difference.

Promising Youngster

Posh Seats in FF Upper

Some of our group 5 Adults 3 Children ain't renewing at increases over last year of £90 per adult and £60 for a child.

This section will be empty next season as no one will pay that price. And don't come on here and say that we should pay more for the privilege of a decent seat. Why don't they just charge us for a replacement new plastic seat (£40) and get rid of the leather seats completely.

Our group also contains 4 pensioners so where in the stadium are they going to fit us in.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Disappointed that the board seem to have focussed on putting kids prices up. For many supporters than is a double hit as we take both kids. Another 20 quid for me and my lad will start playing Saturday football so will have to pay a tenner more for him to come to the odd game. Is there a strategy to get more kids supporting the club.
    It’s a strange one, keep hearing kids are the future of the club but they put their prices up again.

I’m in the same position, both kids play footy so there’s inevitably a few clashes with Sunday games or training so will have to make a decision for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    Some of our group 5 Adults 3 Children ain't renewing at increases over last year of £90 per adult and £60 for a child.

This section will be empty next season as no one will pay that price. And don't come on here and say that we should pay more for the privilege of a decent seat. Why don't they just charge us for a replacement new plastic seat (£40) and get rid of the leather seats completely.

Our group also contains 4 pensioners so where in the stadium are they going to fit us in.
    I agree that nobody will pay that price to sit behind the goal and it could well lead to that section being empty and people giving up their season tickets so it's very short-sighted.

I agree that nobody will pay that price to sit behind the goal and it could well lead to that section being empty and people giving up their season tickets so it's very short-sighted.
    If you were to take the kids to 4 home games, it would cost you £48, £50 is still fantastic value

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If you were to take the kids to 4 home games, it would cost you £48, £50 is still fantastic value
    I was replying to the comment about section 50.

I was replying to the comment about section 50.
    Sorry where’s 50

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Poor form, Hibs.
    It's a big jump. I wonder why that decision was made? As stated above, perhaps the club believes it makes the student ST at Hibs comparable in price to those at other clubs. However, it's a big increase.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's a big jump. I wonder why that decision was made? As stated above, perhaps the club believes it makes the student ST at Hibs comparable in price to those at other clubs. However, it's a big increase.
    It is a big jump but still works out at under a tenner a game.

They’re going to suffer some losses with these increases, but with the likes of the student prices, it would appear that they were far too low in the first place.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Poor form, Hibs.
    It's about a tenner a game. It's great value.

Rather than it being too expensive for students now, I'd say it was too cheap before.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It's about a tenner a game. It's great value.

Rather than it being too expensive for students now, I'd say it was too cheap before.
    Is there such a thing?

God knows what you'd have thought back in the 50s.

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    I've got a seat in Sec 50 and even though the price has jumped up quite a bit - which was to be expected in all honesty - I think that it works out at £25 per game, which isn't too bad really!

Sorry where’s 50
    It's the section in the middle upper of the famous five.

Prices have went up this season for that area.

Hib2.jpg

It's the section in the middle upper of the famous five.

Prices have went up this season for that area.

Hib2.jpg
    Are they Exec seats

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I sit in the FF lower family section with my 2 kids , Except they are not really kids now 1 is a youth and 1 is a student so im' not really saving any cash now so it doesn't really cost much more to sit anywhere else in the stadium
    I suspect that's part of their policy of trying to get groups like yours to move from there. It's no cheaper and you'll get a better view elsewhere.

ST holders in Section 50 have known that something was afoot for a while. I tried to raise awareness this time last year but there was little interest in doing anything about it.

I would have stayed put myself but there are 2 very young kids in our group and it's not worth spending the extra on them just now.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Sorry where’s 50
    Padded black seats in the middle of the FF upper.

Been reconsidered as executive seating again, same as the black seats in West stand and been repriced accordingly.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Poor form, Hibs.
    This is a good move by Hibs, there is too big a gap between full price and concession tickets as it is.

Your pals could have one weekend off the drink in the year to make it up. Not much of a sacrifice to make is it?!

I sit in ff lower with a youth and a child , youth will be playing Saturdays next season but prob still worth getting him a seLEMA workshop on metric repositoryason with weekday and sunday games so yes there may be an empty seat on a few Saturdays but what am I supposed to do?! i'll free it up if its old firm or derby game but suspect he might be injured or get sent off week before lol

as for those in the ff lower who can no longer be classed a family as no youth or child, very few free seats other than up in the gods in the east or right down the front

price increase of £44 a month to £62.28 a month so roughly £200 hike for me

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Padded black seats in the middle of the FF upper.

Been reconsidered as executive seating again, same as the black seats in West stand and been repriced accordingly.
    Pretty sure it's been known for a while that the increase in prices for that area was coming.