hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

21/5/16 - A Different Ending.

I was reading something about the Cup Final and the thought occurred to me, what would have happened if SDG had scored at the other end?

The fans' reaction would undoubtedly have been the same, but how would it have panned out?

2. Log in to remove the advert

You mean an og?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean an og?
    😂😂

When I watch it I wonder
    How it would have been if Keatings had got on the end of it when Fotheringham parried it out from Stokes shot.
    Would Lewis ever have recovered if his shove had cost us a penalty.
    If the ref had gave that last free kick in their favour and one last chance.
    If Fyvie had chose to play it instead of letting it go for a corner.
    The list goes on.
    No matter how many times I watch it I still wait for the linesmans flag to go up...but it never...the rest as they say is history....we could have had so many different endings in the past but not this time...this time was our time.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie70 View Post
    When I watch it I wonder
    How it would have been if Keatings had got on the end of it when Fotheringham parried it out from Stokes shot.
    The list goes on.
    No matter how many times I watch it I still wait for the linesmans flag to go up...but it never...the rest as they say is history....we could have had so many different endings in the past but not this time...this time was our time.

That overhit pass from Barry Mckay deep into stoppage time was huge. Had that stayed in Rangers were in behind us.To have been cup final pretenders for 60 seconds would have been the ultimate gut wrench.

The cheer as that ran out for a goal kick was enormous.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie70 View Post
    When I watch it I wonder
    The list goes on.
    I've always wondered how Lewis never got a penalty against him for his two handed shove on Waghorn.

Even I saw it..... and I was watching in Sydney...a lot further away than the referee was ..

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    I was reading something about the Cup Final and the thought occurred to me, what would have happened if SDG had scored at the other end?

The fans' reaction would undoubtedly have been the same, but how would it have panned out?
    Stop it!

Happened to us back in 1979 when Arthur Duncan scored a late og late into extra time in the second replay at the end of a marathon Scottish Cup Final versus Rangers to make it 2-3

George Stewart said to me that Arthur Duncan apologised to him immediately after the goal George told him not to worry about it but said he felt like knocking his block off

2016 was our time

What took you HIBS?
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 07-03-2019 at 04:32 AM.

If our winner had been scripted it couldn't have been better. A bullet header from our captain in injury time at the Hibs end. Must be the the most iconic Scottish cup goal of all time. Still find it incredible.

Left by mutual consent!
    Also think about how sitting in a different part of the stadium could have affected the experience, thankfully everything planned out perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Stop it!

Happened to us back in 1979 when Arthur Duncan scored a late og late into extra time in the second replay at the end of a marathon Scottish Cup Final versus Rangers to make it 2-3

George Stewart said to me that Arthur Duncan apologised to him immediately after the goal George told him not to worry about it but said he felt like knocking his block off

2016 was our time

What took you HIBS?
    That was a real gut wrencher. Was a young lad with my old man. TBF to Arthur Duncan I seem to remember two Rangers forwards behind him he had to go for it under pressure. I could be wrong it's a long time ago.

2016 more than made up for it :)

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Stop it!

2016 was our time

What took you HIBS?
    The story goes Hibs fans in the police cell asked the score the Police officer told them 3 - 2 Duncan scored the winner Hibs fans partied the night away in the cells.

Gray could have very easily went off the park as he took a knock about 5 minutes before scoring. He epitomises the commitment and sheer will to win every single player showed that day. We were never losing that final. I know it's easy to say after the event but I was so confident before the game we would win it. The ross county final was the complete opposite and I had a horrible feeling all week beforehand.

I often wonder what would've happened had marciano scored that header a year later against Aberdeen to make it 3-3 or Fontaine scored the overhead at the end of the county final.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    The story goes Hibs fans in the police cell asked the score the Police officer told them 3 - 2 Duncan scored the winner Hibs fans partied the night away in the cells.
    Aye it was s*#& being a Hibby back then typical Glesga Polis!

If the ref had blown up for a foul on McGinn just as he plays it to Cummings. I'm sure the ref is going to blow then decides on advantage. What an advantage as Stokes goes on to score.

If JC hadnt have looped that header in a the pbs?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    What would have happened if Stubbsy went on form and started Keatings over Jason or Stokes?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Brilliant!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    What would have happened if Stubbsy went on form and started Keatings over Jason or Stokes?
    We wouldn't have won, that's what!

Stokes was the match winner that day for sure.

What if Sir David had hair and the ball didn't make such a clean connection off his napper?

I always wonder what would have happened if Fyvie hadn’t delayed his pass to Stokes before his eventual shot was saved and went out for “that corner” to be delivered.
    Would Stokes have had less time?
    Would he have tried a shot earlier and blazed it wide instead of their keeper saving it?
    Or even better would he have scored and got his hat trick, thereby denying SDG of his glory moment? That would have led to SAS btw!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    That would have led to SAS btw!!
    Something tells me that Anthony Stokes isn't a fan of the SAS.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    When did Keatings hit form like?!

The boy couldn't even run the right way at the celebration

Legend!!
    Last edited by SouthMoroccoStu; 07-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    When did Keatings hit form like?!

The boy couldn't even run the right way at the celebration

Legend!!
    And that tattoo!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnife View Post
    And that tattoo!

I like Kyle Lafferty's more

Nice of him to acknowledge it

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    when I watch it again I still **** myself when millers header smacks the crossbar at 1 all !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    If the ref had blown up for a foul on McGinn just as he plays it to Cummings. I'm sure the ref is going to blow then decides on advantage. What an advantage as Stokes goes on to score.
    Yeah I was screaming for the foul. Then went radge then thought we had scored too soon.

What would have happened if the boy next to me said he thought he was our cup final jinx then went for a slash 2-1 down 😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    when I watch it again I still **** myself when millers header smacks the crossbar at 1 all !
    Stokes off the post too.

How many times has miller been free in the box and scores. Surreal.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar

If David Gray had scored at the other end it would have been 4 - 2 , surely?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    It’s amazing because it’s that game you start off watching all happy then get into it and rage when they equalise and that cross comes in for Miller (where’s the defence by the way) you get that into into you do think he will score and it’s always a complete sense of relief. Then it’s a **** yourself job until Stokes scores even then the corrupt Lino doesn’t give a fowl for a (non) push when would that usually happen. Then it’s cigar time (or a punt if you dinnae like that like me) 😃