hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

Reporting Scotland Tonight

First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism 😡

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A couple of morons gave them an open goal on Saturday, BH. I'm just thankful the Buckie bottle didn't split open Sinclair's head, as we'd be in real trouble. You're right though, the biggest problem by far is the Old Firm, but it's largely ignored.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

To an extent I agree with you, however after Saturdays incident we have to take our share of the blame.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism 😡
    It was the most high profile pitch invasion since 1980 so expect to have it rammed down our throats until the next time there is a mass pitch invasion at the cup final. If they had shown us ripping down the crossbar and sporadic fighting with the huns the report would have had a point but all they showed was fans celebrating.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    At least Scott Brown made it clear that it’s at every club and not to concentrate on one ground or club.

Reporting Scotland Tonight

First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism
    The violence was a rangers fan hurling a seat into Aberdeen fans and the bottle thrown in the direction of Scott Sinclair
    But agree it seemed to have more stuff involving Hibs fans
    The Scottish Cup Final is an easy target as it shows a mass invasion of fans so it suits their purpose to keep bringing this up ,as if it was a watershed ,that has led to these other incidents which is nonsense
    Why not show. Will Lennon being hit by a coin that struck someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 04-03-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    No recent incidents like the huns many times or Celtic a couple of weeks ago or is that acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    It was the most high profile pitch invasion since 1980 so expect to have it rammed down our throats until the next time there is a mass pitch invasion at the cup final. If they had shown us ripping down the crossbar and sporadic fighting with the huns the report would have had a point but all they showed was fans celebrating.
    Yep, not all pitch invasions are due to hooliganism. On that great day in 2016 it was due to pure joy; there was no trouble.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yep, not all pitch invasions are due to hooliganism. On that great day in 2016 it was due to pure joy; there was no trouble.
    There was trouble. Because of the bad losing huns. Not that that will ever be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    There was trouble. Because of the bad losing huns. Not that that will ever be confirmed.
    I was on the pitch, as was my dad, and I didn't see any trouble, just thousands of Hibees experiencing that great moment. Laughter, tears, hugs, the whole lot, but I didn't see any ill will. It was only when we got home we learned of all the controversy. It was no hooligan moment.

Left by mutual consent!
    The pure joy that quickly descended into smashed advertising hoardings, a ripped down crossbar and dozens of prosecutions for fans fighting. The vast majority did nothing more than celebrate but we are kidding ourselves on if we think there was no trouble.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was on the pitch, as was my dad, and I didn't see any trouble, just thousands of Hibees experiencing that great moment. Laughter, tears, hugs, the whole lot, but I didn't see any ill will. It was only when we got home we learned of all the controversy. It was no hooligan moment.
    I watched similar, until they couldn’t take it and came into the pitch, watched it from my seat in the stand btw as I didn’t go on the pitch,

Reporting Glasgow at its best. That new channel is entirely weegie orientated.

No surprise they don’t want to show footage of their beloved Huns/tic supporters. Naw, it’s the big bad Hibs fans as per.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    It’s the tired old hand wringing “something must be done” from politicians which bugs me too. 99.9% of fans agree chucking a bottle at a player is unacceptable. Reporting Scotland then show a smoke bomb lying trackside and a celebratory, in the main, pitch invasion. Shoddy, lazy journalism with no context provided.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Shirley they can narrow it down. I’d imagine summit like this...

Barcode suggests where the Buckfast was purchased then get the cctv from there. Or check sales of Buckfast in. 2 mile radius of ER.
    Finger prints on the bottle if they boy is a dafty.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    The pure joy that quickly descended into smashed advertising hoardings, a ripped down crossbar and dozens of prosecutions for fans fighting. The vast majority did nothing more than celebrate but we are kidding ourselves on if we think there was no trouble.
    Nah swinging the bar wasn’t trouble, neither was taking a bit of turf. Them coming into the pitch was for one reason only though.

Glasgow media for you. They're still all convinced that all the Rangers players and fans were attacked through there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Glasgow media for you. They're still all convinced that all the Rangers players and fans were attacked through there.
    They aren’t convinced. They don’t dare go against them though unless against Celtic and something massive happens.

It is increasing. Some incidents over the last 3/4 years have been very embarrassing. Many of them involve Hibs fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    What's happening nowadays is kids stuff compared to the 70s and 80s. All seated stadia and the alcohol ban has made grounds safer but at the end of the day a bevied bam is a bevied bam and I don't think we will ever stamp out isolated instances of madness.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It is increasing. Some incidents over the last 3/4 years have been very embarrassing. Many of them involve Hibs fans.
    This season has been particularly bad across Scotland, and most of the time, of course, has involved the Old Firm, but we have had a few issues. Every club has its nutters, and I'm firmly of the opinion we need strict liability.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Aye but what about........?

Blog Entries
    Keep ‘whataboutery’ out of it. Yes, the footage shown was what they could lay their hands on without trying too hard and we became a wee bit of a focus, but they’re not that daft to realise that much of the problem is ugly sister orientated. There are football hooligans everywhere and any attempt to get to the root of the problem has to be welcomed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Nah swinging the bar wasn’t trouble, neither was taking a bit of turf. Them coming into the pitch was for one reason only though.
    Tearing down the crossbar and ripping up the turf might be classed as vandalism in a court of law

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The radio reporting tonight was much more measured and even handed - discussed sectarianism as the biggest issue.

I guess it depends if its a muppet or a decent editor in charge??

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There definitely has been an increase of incidents of disorder this season. From our own fans we’ve seen more smoke bombs being let off and thrown, racist abuse from an individual caught on live TV, missile throwing and scuffles/pavement dancing at Motherwell and stewards allegedly being spat at up in Dundee. Maybe not Luton v Millwall stuff, but enough of a deterioration of behaviour to cause some concerns. Thankfully sectarianism isn’t something we’ve been guilty of.

Testimonial Due
    Unfortunately, we handed it to the media in the shape of a glass bottle, not paper balls as at Ibroke!
    We've done our fair share of smoke bombs and flares, but something that could cause real damage came from our fan?
    It is to be discussed in the Scottish Parliament tomorrow, trying to make "strict liability" stick without upsetting FIFA!!!
    They will take the attitude, if you can't control your fans, you will be liable!!!
    Not what everyone would want, but how else do you stop it?????

Lazy British Broadcasting c s

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    To an extent I agree with you, however after Saturdays incident we have to take our share of the blame.
    A hundred times no.

The hibs support, and indeed the majority of football fans in Scotland, are reasonable human beings who would never even contemplate such nonsense.

But the reality is that one idiots actions have brought us all into disrepute and it’s totally unfair that we’re all labelled the same way.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    There definitely has been an increase of incidents of disorder this season. From our own fans we’ve seen more smoke bombs being let off and thrown, racist abuse from an individual caught on live TV, missile throwing and scuffles/pavement dancing at Motherwell and stewards allegedly being spat at up in Dundee. Maybe not Luton v Millwall stuff, but enough of a deterioration of behaviour to cause some concerns. Thankfully sectarianism isn’t something we’ve been guilty of.
    Although was it not the case that some Hibs fan was the first to be convicted on the then new anti-bigotry laws ?

Edit: Yup (my mind is a dumping ground for trivia like this)

https://cm/the-scotsman-2-7475/bigotry-law-hibs-pair-first-to-be-convicted-1-2170925