hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Celtic fan(s) in East.

Whats that about? Celtic top on, strolls right past through the stewards, up to the back of the East.
    Probably more too
    Last edited by Hibs90; 02-03-2019 at 07:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Obscene Omeonga View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats that about? Celtic top on, strolls right past through the stewards, up to the back of the East.
    Probably more too
    What section?

Testimonial Due
    Probably more too
    And for that reason "Strict Liability" would never work, its to easy for other teams to infiltrate opposition areas!!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    I think that was the Hibs strip from 1875

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I think that was the Hibs strip from 1875
    Nope. 100% Celtic top, you could see the dafabet logo or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    What section?
    The middle one at the halfway line.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I cant believe that a supporter wearing a celtic top would have walked past thousands of hibs supporters outside the stadium , queued to get in and walked about the stand freely. He would have got a hiding at some point. You must be mistaken or making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    I cant believe that a supporter wearing a celtic top would have walked past thousands of hibs supporters outside the stadium , queued to get in and walked about the stand freely. He would have got a hiding at some point. You must be mistaken or making it up.
    Aye I am completely making it up.

He had a jacket on with only a couple of buttons done. Hence how I noticed it.

Aye I am completely making it up.

He had a jacket on with only a couple of buttons done. Hence how I noticed it.
    Thats not exactly how it was worded in the initial post though was it. The answer to your initial question is in your last post. He had a jacket over it 😂

Thats not exactly how it was worded in the initial post though was it. The answer to your initial question is in your last post. He had a jacket over it 😂
    Well if I can see it why couldn't nobody else?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Would they have? If they're not causing any trouble then I don't think we can just lay in to them, pretty sure we let the Police police these days.

First Team Regular
    As west coast Hibs fans today was the first time in 30 years my brother and I were accused of being Celtic fans! Twice !!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Would they have? If they're not causing any trouble then I don't think we can just lay in to them, pretty sure we let the Police police these days.
    They may not have got a hiding but someone in the East noticeably wearing a Celtc strip would have been challenged multiple times and probably threatened with violence a few times.

I’d struggle to believe that someone could just saunter up to the back of the East without all sorts of chaos, stewards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I have seen celtic fans literally being chased out of the east stand a couple of times. I ve also seen fans of rangers and celtic being assaulted in the famous five and west upper. And saw rangers fans attacked and chased out the south stand when it was split in half a few years ago. All of the above ive seen with my own eyes and none were wearing their teams colours either , so there will be a lot more and probably a lit worse that i havent seen . Id say it would be a stick on that they would get a doing or at the very least chased out the stand.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    And for that reason "Strict Liability" would never work, its to easy for other teams to infiltrate opposition areas!!!!!
    Not really 'infiltrating'if you go in with a shirt on

Loads of us have gone in other end when we couldn`t get a ticket for Hibs end at Tynecastle , Ibrox etc . Maybe even at ER on odd occasion we`ve sold out home tickets . Is it really such a big deal to have the odd away fan in the home section ? Am I the only person here who finds it sad that fans can`t watch match near opposition fans ? I`d even suggest moving family section to South Lower and making it a mixed ( home and away fans ) area for Category B games so FF lower can be full of noisy Hibbies .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Loads of us have gone in other end when we couldn`t get a ticket for Hibs end at Tynecastle , Ibrox etc . Maybe even at ER on odd occasion we`ve sold out home tickets . Is it really such a big deal to have the odd away fan in the home section ? Am I the only person here who finds it sad that fans can`t watch match near opposition fans ? I`d even suggest moving family section to South Lower and making it a mixed ( home and away fans ) area for Category B games so FF lower can be full of noisy Hibbies .

Its not a big deal if they go and watch the match and dont celebrate when they score , or wear their teams colours which was the whole point of the thread.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Are we that tribal that just being an opposition fan in our home end insites violence? If he wasn’t causing any trouble or drawing attention to himself other than his teams top on underneath his jacket don’t see the problem.

I’ve been in the oppositions home end countless times, mainly at Scotland games, but also at QOTS one year in the cup. Kept to myself and didn’t see why anyone should have had a problem with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    As west coast Hibs fans today was the first time in 30 years my brother and I were accused of being Celtic fans! Twice !!

Been there, done that. Nothing worse IMO .

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Sad and pathetic . I remember sitting next to an Irish guy at a home match v Celtic a few years ago and being embarrassed that he seemed to be afraid to show his accent when asking me about way to station etc .

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    The middle one at the halfway line.
    I'm sure he was in Tamson's pre-match.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

If someone wears the top in to our end they should be emptied, whether causing bother or not.

First Team Breakthrough
    Two lassies late teens early twenties behind me west lower, weegie accent pointing to people in Celtic end and really gave it away when they were coming back up steps I saw a green white and gold scarf. I turned round said jokingly is that the new style Hibs scarf. They were like sssshhhh!!! People can’t know made me laugh no harm done.

Its not a big deal if they go and watch the match and dont celebrate when they score , or wear their teams colours which was the whole point of the thread.
    In this case seems to be one man wearing a Celtic shirt / scarf under a jacket ( pretty sad he has to hide it but that`s for another thread ) . At every match there are loads of fans in all stands who support other team or are neutral cause they`re tourists , want to go to game with friend / relative who supports other team etc , can`t get a ticket for end of their team , etc On 21 / 05 / 16 I reckon at least 10 % of fans in our end would consider themselves fans of another or no team as an example .

If the game was a sell out and Hibbies couldn't get tickets as a result, that would be genuine cause for complaint. If they kept their heads down, they've just filled seats our fans were unable to and contributed to our finances.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    In this case seems to be one man wearing a Celtic shirt / scarf under a jacket ( pretty sad he has to hide it but that`s for another thread ) . At every match there are loads of fans in all stands who support other team or are neutral cause they`re tourists , want to go to game with friend / relative who supports other team etc , can`t get a ticket for end of their team , etc On 21 / 05 / 16 I reckon at least 10 % of fans in our end would consider themselves fans of another or no team as an example .
    Bollocks, utter garbage.

Is it not on the terms and conditions when buying a ticket? Home supporters only..

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Is it not on the terms and conditions when buying a ticket? Home supporters only..
    Evidently not. Hibs will take 140 notes of anyone’s money. Clear as day to me.

We had roughly 20,000 fans at Hampden that day, are you seriously suggesting around 2,000 at least were not Hibs fans, and in fact neutrals or fans of other clubs? I strongly disagree if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Bollocks, utter garbage.
    What`s utter garbage ? OP is angry about one Celtic fan in home stand today . At all big matches there are loads of neutrals even when it`s hard to get tickets . Every week here there are Hibbies posting about tickets for matches all over Europe .