hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Even well-educated Tory remainers are talking nonsense now.

Education Secretary Damian Hinds told the BBC that MPs had to "get on with" approving a Brexit deal - although he said another vote would not take place until ministers had "some confidence" of victory.

"You can't keep on kicking the ball further and further down the street," he told Radio 4's Today. "You have to pick up and run with it."

Presumably he was trying to say 'kicking the can down the road', which is actually an expression in English with a meaning, but got all confused with the glory days when he used to play rugger at school and ended up just talking pish.
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 20-03-2019 at 09:02 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

"Take the ERG vice-chair, Mark Francois, a sort of inflatable idiot who has spent the past few months bobbing around the broadcast studios like some remnant of the worst ever stag weekend. Can someone please deflate it? Otherwise we will continue to have situations like the one this morning, when Mark explained to Talkradio: “Europe is free because of us.” I mean … I don’t mean to come across as tolerably informed, but Mr Francois’ recent historical interjections have been of such staggering imbecility that they suggest not simply that he has failed to understand the contributions of the Soviet Union and the United States to the second world war – that is a given – but that the very existence of those powers would be news to him."

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Take the ERG vice-chair, Mark Francois, a sort of inflatable idiot who has spent the past few months bobbing around the broadcast studios like some remnant of the worst ever stag weekend. Can someone please deflate it? Otherwise we will continue to have situations like the one this morning, when Mark explained to Talkradio: “Europe is free because of us.” I mean … I don’t mean to come across as tolerably informed, but Mr Francois’ recent historical interjections have been of such staggering imbecility that they suggest not simply that he has failed to understand the contributions of the Soviet Union and the United States to the second world war – that is a given – but that the very existence of those powers would be news to him."
    ... Now where have I heard that line before

The same column calls the ERG “the fellowship of the ringpieces”.

Francois demands another Tory leadership vote as “the situation has changed.”

Irony meters everywhere explode.

Meanwhile May pleads with the EU27 to give her an A50 extension. The governments of Ireland, France, Spain, Netherlands and Germany to meet before tomorrow’s summit to decide.

Taking back control, ****** marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Meanwhile May pleads with the EU27 to give her an A50 extension. The governments of Ireland, France, Spain, Netherlands and Germany to meet before tomorrow’s summit to decide.

Taking back control, ****** marvellous.
    It's a bit of an embarrassment/humiliation, but the prize of becoming Empress of India one minute after midnight on Brexit day will shirley be worth a little suffering just now.

Andrew Lilico - chairman of Economists for Brexit, the band of Minford inspired nutters, tweeting about the Cooper-Letwin bill:

"Our constitution needs some equivalent of the constitutional monarchy that *would* intervene in such situations to protect democracy & constitutional procedure against rapacious politicians. If our current monarchy cannot perform the task we will require something new."

Former UKIP* leadership candidate Suzanne Evans agrees:

"I’m an ardent royalist and love our @RoyalFamily but this is spot on. Bitterly disappointed."

* technically not a current Tory but she is a former Tory councillor and certainly meets the Brexiter and ignorant criteria.

Andrew Lilico - chairman of Economists for Brexit, the band of Minford inspired nutters, tweeting about the Cooper-Letwin bill:

"Our constitution needs some equivalent of the constitutional monarchy that *would* intervene in such situations to protect democracy & constitutional procedure against rapacious politicians. If our current monarchy cannot perform the task we will require something new."

****. Is this going to mean we all have to choose between being Roundheads and Cavaliers? That's going to be divisive. What about a referendum to decide?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    mon the Roundheids

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    mon the Roundheids
    **** that, ya puritanical short-haired *******. Anything less than full-time pleasure-seeking and merrymaking constitutes betrayal

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    **** that, ya puritanical short-haired *******. Anything less than full-time pleasure-seeking and merrymaking constitutes betrayal

that's a cavalier attitude

****. Is this going to mean we all have to choose between being Roundheads and Cavaliers? That's going to be divisive. What about a referendum to decide?
    What we really, really could be doing with right now - rather than the Queen as Head of State - is a Presidential contest between either Farage or Boris Johnson on one side and Galloway or Diane Abbot on the other. What could possibly go wrong?

This is brilliant. Someone brought a complaint to IPSO about one of Boris Johnson's columns where he said No Deal was "this future that is by some margin preferred by the British public" based on polls although he didn't actually reference any (surprise!)

This is the Telegraph's defence of their star columnist:

that the writer was entitled to make sweeping generalisations based on his opinions and that the complainant had misconstrued the purpose of the article; it was clearly comically polemical, and could not be reasonably read as a serious, empirical, in-depth analysis of hard factual matters.
    Says it all.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    This is brilliant. Someone brought a complaint to IPSO about one of Boris Johnson's columns where he said No Deal was "this future that is by some margin preferred by the British public" based on polls although he didn't actually reference any (surprise!)

This is the Telegraph's defence of their star columnist:

Says it all.

So it's OK to lie as long as you're being 'comically polemical'

That one deserves a double

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post

So it's OK to lie as long as you're being 'comically polemical'

That one deserves a double
    Think it's established that to lead a modern democracy you don't have to even pretend to tell the truth, so I doubt if BoJo gives a hoot about any IPSO conclusion.

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Says it all.
    Could be applied to every article in that rag tbh. The whole thing is one big comedy piece for clowns to read.

The Saj has described Ireland as "the tail that wags the dog". Nae real, as they say in Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Worth a read, and listen to the video 😂. The ignorance of the man.

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2019/0...-the-precious/

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

I'm pretty sure I can guess what Adam Smith would've thought of Brexit.

Jeremy Hunt and the C-word

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

Wouldn't have pronounced it like that, but wouldn't have pronounced it like this either!

All as bad as eachother. Every one of them. It’s impossible to vote. I didn’t vote because I knew it would divide everybody. Snp are obsessed with the eu but not once have the eu came out and said anything about Scotland. So F them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wakeyhibs View Post
    All as bad as eachother. Every one of them. It’s impossible to vote. I didn’t vote because I knew it would divide everybody. Snp are obsessed with the eu but not once have the eu came out and said anything about Scotland. So F them all.

You can't suggest that nobody in the Eu support an independent Scotland as a member of the EU. There are literally dozens of European politicians saying exactly that.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Wouldn't have pronounced it like that, but wouldn't have pronounced it like this either!
    Of all the places in Scotland beginning with C he chose that!!!!

Crail, Crieff, Comrie and Callander all come to mind.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeyhibs View Post

Except each and every time they come out and say an independent Scotland would be fully welcomed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Except each and every time they come out and say an independent Scotland would be fully welcomed?

I ain’t saying this but their is no statement from Brussels saying please Scotland stay in....on another fact the only good thing about brexit is it will destroy tories employment agency’s using innocent people for Slave labour and using free movement to do that.