Thread: Darnell johnson

Darnell johnson

Is he still suspended ? Surprised not to see him play part in some games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Should be free for selection now
    2 games I think ?

He could have been picked for the St Johnstone match.
    Wasn't even on the bench.
    Could be injured or just not rated by The Heck.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He could have been picked for the St Johnstone match.
    Wasn't even on the bench.
    Could be injured or just not rated by The Heck.

He hasn't even seen him play for Hibs so he won't have been written off.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Looked the business
    Given the average performance by our defenders last two games he surely should be in contention

@hibs.net private member
    Stockdale was at parkhead, so,would have seen him play...considering how light our defence is , it was surprising that he didn't get a strip on Wednesday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    While the defence hasn't been brilliant at points we're on a winning run and trying to bring back a bit of confidence to the team. Possibly why he's stuck with the 3 he has so far, alongside Johnson's suspension. I don't see it changing tomorrow.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If Hanlon continues to play poorly then he'll get a chance I would, but we won't change a winning team. In any case starting him against Celtic could backfire.

I thought he was banned. Don’t think he missed the Hamilton game as part of a suspension.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If Hanlon continues to play poorly then he'll get a chance I would, but we won't change a winning team. In any case starting him against Celtic could backfire.
    Its make your mind up time with Hanlon

I would play him

Do or die

Hanlon is absolutely good enough to play for us. He’s just going through a dip in form. I think people need to relax a bit about him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Hanlon is absolutely good enough to play for us. He’s just going through a dip in form. I think people need to relax a bit about him tbh.
    How long do allow a dip to continue though? I dont think Hanlon's performances warrant a starting place every week, it's maybe time for him to be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I thought he was banned. Don’t think he missed the Hamilton game as part of a suspension.
    His 2 game ban was announced on 12th February after Hibs' appeal failed. We played Hamilton on 16th February so he would have been suspended for that plus the Dundee game and would have been available again on Wednesday.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    How long do allow a dip to continue though? I dont think Hanlon's performances warrant a starting place every week, it's maybe time for him to be dropped.
    i thought he played well against St Johnstone

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    You have to play your strongest 11. If somebody is having a blip in form and there is somebody equally as good then they are in!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    As long as we are winning?

There is no obvious alternative. Johnson is untested really, so we don’t know if he would make a difference and this isn’t the game to find out.

Funny old game really. A few months ago folk here were saying McGregor was finished, now Hanlon isn’t good enough ( not aimed at you btw).

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

There is no obvious alternative. Johnson is untested really, so we don’t know if he would make a difference and this isn’t the game to find out.

Funny old game really. A few months ago folk here were saying McGregor was finished, now Hanlon isn’t good enough ( not aimed at you btw).
    Agree, not the time to test Johnson.
    Hanlon is not long back from about 3 months out due to injury, I think it is unfair to expect him to come back in and be at his best straight away. Those who are suggesting he is past it are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Agree, not the time to test Johnson.
    Hanlon is not long back from about 3 months out due to injury, I think it is unfair to expect him to come back in and be at his best straight away. Those who are suggesting he is past it are wrong.
    Big fan of Hanlon but how long are we gonna use the excuse he's just back from being out for a while. That excuse was made after the defeat to Hearts 2 months ago!

He must have played at least 6 games since then that's enough to get up to speed. Even if he was brought back a little early we had the 3 week break for him to revover

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I thought it was reported he got injured in the tackle he got the ban for. Maybe not recovered from that yet.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I thought it was reported he got injured in the tackle he got the ban for. Maybe not recovered from that yet.
    He was also carrying an injury when he signed

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I foolishly read some of the posts on the match thread on Wednesday.

The one that said "Hanlon is finished" made me run to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee then go upstairs to switch my PC on so I could spray the hot liquid from my mouth onto my monitor.

Mental. He's 29. No doubt if Aberdeen come sniffing around again, the same poster will be demanding that Hibs reject their advances.

I'm not even sure why people said Paul had a poor game against St Johnstone. I think Hibs had 3 chances all game so it was as much our defence that won us the points and Hanlon's contribution was significant.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Big fan of Hanlon but how long are we gonna use the excuse he's just back from being out for a while. That excuse was made after the defeat to Hearts 2 months ago!

He must have played at least 6 games since then that's enough to get up to speed. Even if he was brought back a little early we had the 3 week break for him to revover
    He could be rested after tomorrow, particularly if we get Spector.

Do you think he shouldn't play tomorrow and if so who comes in for him? It has been suggested Johnson but I thought his main position is a right back and we're considering Spector as competition for centre back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Stockdale was at parkhead, so,would have seen him play...considering how light our defence is , it was surprising that he didn't get a strip on Wednesday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In what capacity was Stockdale at Parkhead?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    In what capacity was Stockdale at Parkhead?
    He said on his Hibs TV interview that he watched a few games before being appointed

First Team Breakthrough
    I heard he is away back to Leicester he was carrying an injury Hibs had not been told about

Hes not been his usual self this season thats for sure. BUT having watched the game a few times now there was nothing wrong with his performance against Saints. He made multiple interceptions that stopped attacks. Their goal came from Milligan not challenging the cross. Hard to blame a defender when a ball is bouncing in amongst three players after that.

As i said on a previous thread Paul is going to have to put in 4 or 5 top class performances in order to get people back on side again. As soon as we lose a goal v Celtic there will be a Hanlon out thread. The whole defence hasn't been great this season but we've just won the last 3 games. I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Johnson is seen as RB cover btw. Hence why we are looking at Spector.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hes not been his usual self this season thats for sure. BUT having watched the game a few times now there was nothing wrong with his performance against Saints. He made multiple interceptions that stopped attacks. Their goal came from Milligan not challenging the cross. Hard to blame a defender when a ball is bouncing in amongst three players after that.

As i said on a previous thread Paul is going to have to put in 4 or 5 top class performances in order to get people back on side again. As soon as we lose a goal v Celtic there will be a Hanlon out thread. The whole defence hasn't been great this season but we've just won the last 3 games. I'll take that.
    This is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I foolishly read some of the posts on the match thread on Wednesday.

The one that said "Hanlon is finished" made me run to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee then go upstairs to switch my PC on so I could spray the hot liquid from my mouth onto my monitor.

Mental. He's 29. No doubt if Aberdeen come sniffing around again, the same poster will be demanding that Hibs reject their advances.

I'm not even sure why people said Paul had a poor game against St Johnstone. I think Hibs had 3 chances all game so it was as much our defence that won us the points and Hanlon's contribution was significant.
    I am by no means saying Hanlon is "finished" however I don't know if you were there against Saints or at Dundee (I Was) he didn't have a good game in either and was in fact the weak link in an otherwise strong back four. In fact I am struggling to recall the last time he got pass marks from me. His aimless hoofs are a plenty and his lack of physicality seems to be becoming more apparent all the time. The laddie needs to meet the bench press and the squat rack.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    i thought he played well against St Johnstone
    He also played really well for most of the Dundee match. He then played a couple of poor passes and struggled along with the rest of the team in the last twenty minutes. Amazing how fans latch on to the let’s get rid of Paul Hanlon theme. He’s not at his best due to his ongoing injuries but we would struggle to get a better left centre back.