hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stopping the Treble Treble

Wouldn’t it be sweet to stop Celtics treble treble on Saturday given the circumstances. No one knows what’s gone on but with McGinn last summer, the Scott Allan situation and now with Lennon being their manager after all that’s gone on. Get your tickets folks and enjoy 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Might be in a minority here, but I'd take winning on Saturday for a 2 or 3-0 defeat at Tynecastle in April every day of the week.

Not wanted to win a game this much in a long time. Kamberi to score a late winner and run to the away dugout to celebrate would be the icing on the cake

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might be in a minority here, but I'd take winning on Saturday for a 2 or 3-0 defeat at Tynecastle in April every day of the week.
    If you told me we would go on to win the cup against Hearts then yes I'd take a win on Saturday over a loss in the next league derby, otherwise no I wouldn't.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Absolutely. Win on Saturday and we’ve got a trip to Hampden to look forward to with the best team in the league knocked out. I’d take that over a league derby win every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Not wanted to win a game this much in a long time. Kamberi to score a late winner and run to the away dugout to celebrate would be the icing on the cake
    this is exactly where i am at

lennon joining Celtic has handed Hibs a huge lift

lets bury the bxxxtard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Yeah me too.

The players won't need much motivation for Saturday's game that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    this is exactly where i am at

lennon joining Celtic has handed Hibs a huge lift

lets bury the bxxxtard
    Bang on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Is it the treble treble or the triple treble?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Regardless of who was managing them I've wanted to be the team to stop the treble treble, feels similar to being the team charged with stopping The Rangers quest for Scottish Cup glory in 2016.

Would I take it over a Hearts win? For this season only and as long as we make up for it handsomely post split.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Is it the treble treble or the triple treble?
    Three-peat.😉

Can't agree with that.

I want to win both :-)

No-one in the top flight other than Celtic have lifted trophy since our day on 21/05/2016. It would be lovely symmetry for it to be us that stop them and go on to win it again.

As someone above has said, let's bury them.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would be nice ,but the stark fact is we now have a Celtic manager who knows more about the Hibs squad than the current manager.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Absolutely. Win on Saturday and we’ve got a trip to Hampden to look forward to with the best team in the league knocked out. I’d take that over a league derby win every time.
    And a guaranteed championship team in the draw (hopefully two!)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Would be nice ,but the stark fact is we now have a Celtic manager who knows more about the Hibs squad than the current manager.
    He didn't know what to do with them when he was manager so hopefully that continues....

@hibs.net private member
    Mcgregor and Christie out of Saturday's game, this is on!

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Mcgregor and Christie out of Saturday's game, this is on!
    Now that IS good news. Gives them energy and movement. Need to keep Forrest quiet.

The stark fact is that the man in the home dugout has managed to get as many wins for his side in the past week and a bit as his predecessor did in several months - and has the players looking like they want to play for him.

Lennon didn't even know how to get our current players playing when he was our manager, I'm not convinced he'll be that clued up on how to stop us now we've started playing.

Interesting to see that he's back down to the bare bones in midfield again. He didn't cope well with that at Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    He didn't know what to do with them when he was manager so hopefully that continues....

Not that the players won't be fired up for it but the Lennon factor might fire them up just a wee bit more. Kamberi to score the winner.

Tonight will be a good barometer of how the Celtic players respond to Lennon. Strange situation as he's gone in there while they're flying domestically so he wont need to boot their *****. Wonder if some of them will react negatively to a guy telling them how to play who left his last club 8th and in a bit of a shambles.

Can Hibs stop the treble treble

Was looking very unlikely a month or so ago but with a happy team and momentum we might just do it

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Dont think we will win the league, but maybe stop their cup run

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Imagine the conspiracy theories at Darkheid if we knock them out of the Cup? Lennon will be accused as being a fifth columnist and a traitor. Pleasing!

I said it before but stopping the 'treble treble' or 'getting it up Lennon' are total sideshows as far as I'm concerned.

A win on Saturday gives us a fantastic chance of winning the cup for the 2nd time in 3 years. If Celtic go out then every team in the semi final will believe they have a real chance of both reaching the final and then winning the tournament.

Once Hibs are out then I couldn't really care who wins the cup. Celtic fans are insufferable bores at the best of times anyway but the alternative is likely to be one of Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen winning it and that doesn't make me feel any better than hearing all about the treble ****ing treble for the next 5000 years.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Kennedy set them up against Hearts. Hopefully, Lennon takes full control now. Forrest won't be much cop at Centre Half. They looked very poor against a poor Hearts side with 10 men. We have every chance on Saturday

Kamberi anytime scorer. Put your house on it!!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Stopping the treble treble would only be meaningful if we then went on to win the cup. Of course it would be classic Hibs to beat Celtic then lose in the semi-final!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875