hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lennon v the £18m mega stand tossers (round 2)

With Lennon expected to be in the dugout tomorrow what are the chances the match will pass by without event?

Any predictions of what will happen?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Rearrange this well known phrase or saying;

Cares? Who.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

With all the stuff kicking around about sectarian abuse, Lennon going back to Celtic should help calm everything down.

Two despicable clubs. Neil Lennon is in charge of one of them. Pity they both can't suffer a horrific defeat. Only game that matters tomorrow is ours

That the sectarian 4 day truse is over?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The atmosphere will be poisonous. Hearts fans will rightly be dragged over the coals for their sectarian chanting, unlike when it's the Old Firm and the media pretend not to hear it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    3-1 Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Hope Lennon kicks off with a win as that is the best result for us. Thereafter I hope he loses every game barring the ones that would help us if they win. Nothing personal as I have felt the same way about every Celtic manager.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Wonder if he’ll finally get his tactics right at tynecastle

Left by mutual consent!
    I won’t ever want hearts to win at anything. I don’t get paid until Thursday so will watch Hibs on St Johnny telly.

My usual £10 on Hibs to win and them to lose will be happening.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Lennon expected to be in the dugout tomorrow what are the chances the match will pass by without event?

Any predictions of what will happen?
    A few wooden-framed union jacks in one end, some plastic-framed tricolours in the other, edgy sparklers from Poundland and a combined obnoxious odour that would bowl you over from 100 paces would be my guess.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    3-1 Hibs
    Yeah good shout I think with McNulty and Flo looking like they might click a few goals may be on.

Left by mutual consent!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    A few wooden-framed union jacks in one end, some plastic-framed tricolours in the other, edgy sparklers from Poundland and a combined obnoxious odour that would bowl you over from 100 paces would be my guess.
    One must fully expect the jambos to bring out their major works of bigoted art for this one. I think we'll see a 6ft framed oil painting of King Billy riding into battle make an appearance.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Best if we just leave them to it.

@hibs.net private member
    His petulant behaviour and lies are someone else’s problem now, but if there is an incident I can guarantee you that it won’t be Lennons fault. It never is.

He has been verbally abused about his religion and physically assaulted at Tynie but he was petulant, aye ok then.
    Any incidents tonight will be caused by jambos.

Theirs been little, if any, punishment for the Jambos in their treatment of Lennon at Tynecastle so I’d expect it to continue tonight until the clowns see the consequences of such behaviour.

The Jambos spent more time debating whether the pound coin hit Lennon in the face or the chest rather than putting the energy into finding out actually threw it.
    Last edited by macca70; 27-02-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Theirs been little, if any, punishment for the Jambos in their treatment of Lennon at Tynecastle so I’d expect it to continue tonight until the clowns see the consequences of such behaviour.

The Jambos spent more time debating whether the pound coin hit Lennon in the face or the chest rather than putting the energy into finding out actually threw it.
    Very true but he was also lucky to escape punishment that night for his gesturing and mocking of the cardigan wearers. No excuse for bigoted abuse I agree but the way he reacted is not becoming of a manager...especially a Hibs manager. Stubbs never reacted like that at Tiny or Ibrox...and neither did Stevie Clarke last week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    If they beat Hearts and most importantly we beat St Johnstone, then we're 3 points behind them. Added to the fact that it makes our victory over Celtic on Saturday should it happen a we bit more enjoyable.

Only really interested in whatever result benefits Hibs best and that's a Celtic win in this scenario. Doesn't matter that NL is boss there.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

Yeah sure, but in a weird way all this froth about the old coach might have helped a potentially tricky situation. PH and RS have been able to go about their work and go under the radar a bit.

If he continues to build on his impressive start, the attention will come their way soon enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Very true but he was also lucky to escape punishment that night for his gesturing and mocking of the cardigan wearers. No excuse for bigoted abuse I agree but the way he reacted is not becoming of a manager...especially a Hibs manager. Stubbs never reacted like that at Tiny or Ibrox...and neither did Stevie Clarke last week.

Don’t think there is any real Comparison between the level of hate that Clarke and Stubbs got/get compared to Neil Lennon..different scale, longevity and intensity..none of those have had bombs sent to them or been attacked on the touch line ..

They are different characters too of course, and there are aspects of his character that does create some tension - but I wonder if people walked in Lennon’s shoes for a day or two at these games how they would react to the level of personal threats and abuse he receives..the fact he stands up to it is admirable by and large for me

Anyway. Hope he has a good win tonight and a sore defeat on Saturday!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

If Hibs scored a last minute winner there and I was the manager I'd run down the touchline to the away support winding up every Hearts fan I passed.

It's EXACTLY how we should behave in a derby. All this nicey nice "let's not make fun of the poor wee Jam Tarts" mentality is half the reason they kept beating us.

Two disgusting clubs. Such a shame they can't both lose.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    We were all lapping up Lennon's antics like the aeroplane, GIRUY at Ibrox, taunting the Merricks at Tynecastle when he was Hibs boss. I'm not sure why folk are taking it all so personally, he's gone, we wanted rid and he's managing the team he supports again.
    Hopefully we pap them out the cup but I don't really get the seethe.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    With all the stuff kicking around about sectarian abuse, Lennon going back to Celtic should help calm everything down.
    He knows what he's done and he knows what to expect. F him

With Saturday in mind, a wee straight red for Scott Brown would not be bad.
    Currently their midfield has a lot of injuries (Christie, McGregor, Ntcham, Rogic etc)
    Looking like they may have 4 midfielders fit for their next 2 games (Brown, Bitton, Ewan Henderson, Scott Allan) and even though they also have 3 wide men in Hayes, Sinclair & Forrest, Brown is the only one of that lot that can win a ball and dictate midfield from the base.

And that's before we factor in Neil "Clueless At Tactics" Lennon into the equation.

So a Brown straight red (suspended for Saturday) would be the only thing I'd like to see tonight over in EH11, and a good Hibs win in Perth will set us up nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    So a Brown straight red (suspended for Saturday) would be the only thing I'd like to see tonight over in EH11, and a good Hibs win in Perth will set us up nicely!

They would just appeal, to make sure he's playing on Saturday.

Anyway, how often has Brown actually been sent-off at Celtc?