hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Was it the correct decision?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, his was correctly banned for his spread of hate speech

13 72.22%
  • No, this is an attack on freedom of speech and we should all be worried

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What does it mean?

2. Log in to remove the advert

A doing, kicking etc etc.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So not covering someone in bleach then. Funny how a post can be misunderstood and taken out of context. Good job this isnt the MSM.

Still, just harmless physical violence is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    So not covering someone in bleach then. Funny how a post can be misunderstood and taken out of context. Good job this isnt the MSM.

Still, just harmless physical violence is ok.
    What's harmless physical violence ?
    Is it like fighting when you're acting?

I'm posting on a football forum about a racist, calm yer jets oh righteous one.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I've never heard of it being used like that.

Every day's a school day.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

Is it like fighting when you're acting?

I'm posting on a football forum about a racist, calm yer jets oh righteous one.
    I'm calm. Just pointing out how people can be targeted if others have an agenda (the MSM).

Tommy Robinson,whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, has denied being a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I've never heard of it being used like that.

Every day's a school day.
    Not sure of the origins but certainly heard of a few guys getting a bleaching to describe a doing.

Guys like Robinson should be allowed show themselves up for what they are. I used to enjoy watching the likes of Nick Griffin squirm and get tongue tied on TV as his brain tried to catch up.

It's being contrasted with harmful chemical violence, as bleaching perhaps connotes acid attacks (even though bleach is not at all acidic ).

A vile piece of white trash. Censorship can be a tricky, very grey area but this dickhead not being given the chance to air his warped views is no loss to anyone really.
    Except, I suppose, the morons that follow him.

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    I'm calm. Just pointing out how people can be targeted if others have an agenda (the MSM).

Tommy Robinson,whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, has denied being a racist.
    Racist denies being a racist shocker. The agenda of the MSM in the UK has by in large been to promote the far-right. They know the actions they're taking are pushing more and more people to the right. They want the right to appear censored and victimized to give them more support.
    If the media had a genuine agenda against the likes of Tommy Robinson, then they would simply nothing him, instead of coming up with new ways to broadcast/print more coverage about him.

This is from when Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen yaxley-Lennon, was speaking at the Oxford union. It gives an insight into how he got to where he is and what has shaped his thoughts (though it is from 2014).
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A

Now I don't suppose it will be watched - it's an hour long - but it does include a piece by Stacey Dooley who covered islamists in Luton where she is also from (5 minutes). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA

I was also brought up in Luton, but am 18 or so years older. I saw the beginnings of where luton is now and still see when I return.

I would rather see / hear different points of view no matter if I agree or not.

I think it is difficult to not see that TR has at least a point that should be at least be investigated.

I don't just assume people are not worth hearing just because the msm have him as some sort of bogey man.

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    I don't just assume people are not worth hearing just because the msm have him as some sort of bogey man.
    Presenting him as a "bogey man" works in his favour, which is exactly why they're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Racist denies being a racist shocker. The agenda of the MSM in the UK has by in large been to promote the far-right. They know the actions they're taking are pushing more and more people to the right. They want the right to appear censored and victimized to give them more support.
    If the media had a genuine agenda against the likes of Tommy Robinson, then they would simply nothing him, instead of coming up with new ways to broadcast/print more coverage about him.
    Well said