hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Is the Celtic position the real reason for Lennon's departure ?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Lennonknew

194 47.20%
  • no it's not, coincidence

167 40.63%
  • who's Neil Lennon

50 12.17%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was a disrespectful prick back in May.
    Can't disagree with that. At a time he should have been trying to attract players to the club or keep our better ones he was saying he might be offskie. Disrespectful and stupid imo.
    Last edited by Since452; 27-02-2019 at 03:03 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Can't disagree with that. At a time he should have been trying to attract players to the club or keep our better ones he was saying he might be offskie. Disrespectful and stupid imo.
    He made a careless comment in the immediate aftermath of a very painful defeat.

For the quality of football he'd had our team playing for the few months prior to that he deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

In amongst a lot of conjecture we know a few things as fact:-

Lennon and Rodgers are firm friends

Both Rodgers AND Lennon fell out with their club boards over spending last summer.

Puel’s been a dead man walking since April

When that happens, managers and agents are busy behind the scenes lining up potential candidates

Lennon has connections with Leicester

Lawell and Hibs don’t get on

Informed Conjecture:-
    Celtic fans and media convinced Rodgers was tapped up last summer by Leicester

Both managers p*****d off with deals they had agreed between them last summer (McGinn to Glasgow, Allan to Edinburgh)

Both managers relations with their CEO’s had cooled.

Both had hit a ‘Glass Ceiling’ of ambition.
    Last edited by RIP; 27-02-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Pointless speculating as we will never know. It does seem to be a rather well timed series of events coincidentally unravelling at the same but it seems to have worked out well

Cos we've got Heckingbottom and were playing sexy
    Hibs are flying don't you know
    Him and Robbie Stockdale
    Singing F****** Hail Hail
    Of Tae Europe here we goooo

to the tune of Rod Stewart do ya think im sexy.

Belter.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dominique View Post
    Pointless speculating as we will never know. It does seem to be a rather well timed series of events coincidentally unravelling at the same but it seems to have worked out well

Cos we've got Heckingbottom and were playing sexy
    Hibs are flying don't you know
    Him and Robbie Stockdale
    Singing F****** Hail Hail
    Of Tae Europe here we goooo

to the tune of Rod Stewart do ya think im sexy.

Belter.
    One of the first song suggestions on here that I didn’t hate, which is some achievement. I like it, get it to the singing section and we’re good to go.

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar

The End Was Coming

Like many others on here I thought Lenny was past his sell by date. Things were never right after that game at Tynie.
    Maybe the conspiracy theories are right (IMO there is something there) or maybe they are wrong. But time to move on, Lenny is gone, he gave us good times and bad as we have all experienced in the past. We have a new manager who seems to have got us off to a good start, and there are some big games coming up so let's forget it and move on with 3 pts vital tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    He knew alright, he knew and engineered the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnife View Post
    I’ve asked this a few times without a reasonable answer. Why didn’t he just resign a few months ago when he seemingly decided to ‘engineer’ being suspended and eventual ‘mutual consent’?

Was Parker in on this ‘engineering’ or was Lennon throwing him under the bus too?

just glad I can go back to hating the ****

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I agree, there’s always a swarm of hornets following him about and it’s probably better the circus stays in Glasgow. He really doesn’t deserve it but it won’t just disappear in Scotland, he’s right back in the hornets nest now though!
    Yeah, surprised he went back there, and all the sh*t that entails

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I’ve asked this a few times without a reasonable answer. Why didn’t he just resign a few months ago when he seemingly decided to ‘engineer’ being suspended and eventual ‘mutual consent’?

Was Parker in on this ‘engineering’ or was Lennon throwing him under the bus too?
    Snakey wouldn’t resign as it wouldn’t look good for him in terms of Scottish football. The way he left, left lots of avenues open to him and his pals in the media playing the poor Lenny card as transpired. Snakey was at it big time and he’s back where he thought he would be.

He resigns in rage for not being backed or this new laid back Lenny taking everything on the chin? While behind the scenes bullying some of the players. Masks slip, his did.

I’ve asked this a few times without a reasonable answer. Why didn’t he just resign a few months ago when he seemingly decided to ‘engineer’ being suspended and eventual ‘mutual consent?
    Because he was waiting for Rodgers to be ‘manager-in-waiting’ for the Leicester job perhaps? It appears that Rodgers probably accepted the role at Christmas after Puel had his ‘crisis’ meeting with the Leicester board.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Y'know, I don't care. Either he was just never going to turn round his bad run of form or he always had the best interests of Neil Lennon at heart rather than Hibs, and either way that means we're better off with Hecky.

I just hope that all the things he's said that I thought were wildly disrespectul but others were OK with - the boyband comment, the rants, the comments singling out Flo, the "free transfers and rejects" comment, the threats to leave - I hope that the players remember them and are determined to show him what a proper winning mentality is like.

GGTTH

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Board members at Celtic discussed Lennon replacing Brendan last year. He was always their contingency plan. I was speaking to a business contact in December and he told me about the conversations. The same guy owns a company that has a very strong commercial relationship with both clubs. He is a Celtic fan.
    I have absolutely no doubt that Lennon knew this was the case and he consciously engineered his exit from the club.

I wouldn't do business with him bud.He's clearly got a big mouth and can't be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Snakey wouldn’t resign as it wouldn’t look good for him in terms of Scottish football. The way he left, left lots of avenues open to him and his pals in the media playing the poor Lenny card as transpired. Snakey was at it big time and he’s back where he thought he would be.

He resigns in rage for not being backed or this new laid back Lenny taking everything on the chin? While behind the scenes bullying some of the players. Masks slip, his did.
    Critical thinking isn’t really your forte. Resigning makes him look bad but Hibs being pish for months on end before him being suspended and effectively sacked doesn’t. Ffs.

@hibs.net private member Bad Habits's Avatar
    Both wearing similar waistcoats for their reveals, suspicions confirmed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Critical thinking isn’t really your forte. Resigning makes him look bad but Hibs being pish for months on end before him being suspended and effectively sacked doesn’t. Ffs.
    No it doesn’t. He had his media pals to blame lack of ambition from the club. Did anyone outside of our support think this season was down to the snake in the dugout? No. The prodigal son happy go lucky Lenny is back in paradise.

@hibs.net private member
    Resigning is also him breaking his contract with us so he would surely have to pay us compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnife View Post
    You got admit though it really is the stuff of legends. A Hibs manager has the wherewithal to engineer Leicester City to sack Claude Puel then appoint Rodgers just so Lenny can get a temporary gig at Celtc. Amazing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    You got admit though it really is the stuff of legends. A Hibs manager has the wherewithal to engineer Leicester City to sack Claude Puel then appoint Rodgers just so Lenny can get a temporary gig at Celtc. Amazing stuff!
    FWIW I believe it's coincidence rather than anything else, but do you really think anyone is suggesting that Lennon got Puel sacked?

Really?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    FWIW I believe it's coincidence rather than anything else, but do you really think anyone is suggesting that Lennon got Puel sacked?

Really?
    I find it unbelievable too but yes, apparently Lennon engineered the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I find it unbelievable too but yes, apparently Lennon engineered the whole thing.
    Oh dear.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Gutted we lost a great manager and kept a greedy accountant. I can see another few years ahead we don’t need. Remember the demonstrations. The Cup win saved his skin for a while.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Gutted we lost a great manager and kept a greedy accountant. I can see another few years ahead we don’t need. Remember the demonstrations. The Cup win saved his skin for a while.
    Sadly, too many people in our support who have consistently pointed the finger at all of the managers, players and staff over the years will continue to point the finger at the managers, players and staff in the future years. While they continue to allow those who have been at the club throughout it all completely off the hook.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    3 wins on the trot..Hibs are flying

#HeckinbottomKnows

Wow!
    47% actually think this was all subterfuge. That NL planned all this?!
    There are some bat$h1t crazy barstewards in our support.

Never has a situation been so methodically engineered with such precision and a string of unlikely coincidences, since Eric Cartman managed to get Scott Tenorman to eat his dead parents in a chilli-off.

The stuff of lunacy. Mentalists.
    Last edited by sadtom; 27-02-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon giving it tight to the hearts fans tonight, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Lennon giving it tight to the hearts fans tonight, brilliant.
    Whatever his failings, Neil Lennon is pure entertainment and box office!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    Whatever his failings, Neil Lennon is pure entertainment and box office!
    And deserves respect on Saturday.