hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Is the Celtic position the real reason for Lennon's departure ?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Lennonknew

194 47.20%
  • no it's not, coincidence

167 40.63%
  • who's Neil Lennon

50 12.17%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Got to think the Leicester/Rogers discussions have been going on for longer than today.

lawyers and agents don't earn their cut by tying up contracts in a couple of hours. Celtic supposedly gave Rogers permission to speak to Leicester this morning and he is signed up as the new manager before kick-off tonight. Its been going on behind the scenes long before Puel got emptied.

Whether things were moving before Lennon left us is debatable .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could'nt give a flying one,i am glad he is away from us,time to look forward not back.

People suggest he’s a good manager. If that were the case, he’d still be Hibernian manager. I’m also glad he’s away and hopefully taken his media circus and all that it entails with him. I hope we ram it right up him and his new club on Saturday!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He was reconsidering his position back in May
    He was a disrespectful prick back in May.

First Team Regular
    For the conspiracy theories to be true a lot of stars would have had to be perfectly aligned. Interesting, but I would say unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    People suggest he’s a good manager. If that were the case, he’d still be Hibernian manager. I’m also glad he’s away and hopefully taken his media circus and all that it entails with him. I hope we ram it right up him and his new club on Saturday!
    I agree, there’s always a swarm of hornets following him about and it’s probably better the circus stays in Glasgow. He really doesn’t deserve it but it won’t just disappear in Scotland, he’s right back in the hornets nest now though!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Got to think the Leicester/Rogers discussions have been going on for longer than today.

lawyers and agents don't earn their cut by tying up contracts in a couple of hours. Celtic supposedly gave Rogers permission to speak to Leicester this morning and he is signed up as the new manager before kick-off tonight. Its been going on behind the scenes long before Puel got emptied.

Good post.

I don’t know what has gone on but it’s just added more intrigue to a story I hoped was dying down.

If he was negotiating with Celtc while still employed by Hibs that surely would have been a clear breach of contract and Hibs would have said so. Instead we released a joint statement that apportioned no blame to either party.

But I’m well aware that lots of business in football happens outside the official channels - which also makes it harder to prove.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

exactly, it proves nothing, but Leicester have been planning this for a good long time.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Looking at the full picture of all events, the secrecy, the sudden suspension and now this then yes, I'm thinking he was led to believe the Celtic position was going to be available fairly soon and he was asked if he was interested/wanted it.

He left under a cloud the last time claiming the board didn't match his ambitions etc now all of a sudden he's jumping off a flight to take over without any "formal talks" with the board, reassurances or time to think it over?
    I will get shouted down over this but a young big Hibs fan at work is friends with some of the players. He has recently moved here from Edinburgh. The players are telling him NL belittled verbally players who were not performing in front of the squad and would ostrichise them. Explains there mood on pitch. Basically a player revolt. NL or Celtic did not know about the Puel sacking when NL saga started so think not a likely conspiracy theory.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    I will get shouted down over this but a young big Hibs fan at work is friends with some of the players. He has recently moved here from Edinburgh. The players are telling him NL belittled verbally players who were not performing in front of the squad and would ostrichise them. Explains there mood on pitch. Basically a player revolt. NL or Celtic did not know about the Puel sacking when NL saga started so think not a likely conspiracy theory.
    Ostrichise. Is that a bit like the Rod Hull Emu treatment?

No wonder they revolted.😁

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Best typo in a while. Maybe in a way he did peck bits out of them. Thankfully Leeann acted before he threw any of them off a roof.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Best typo in a while. Maybe in a way he did peck bits out of them. Thankfully Leeann acted before he threw any of them off a roof.
    Sounds like NL was making a Rod for his own back. Strange though, as there was already a Rod at the club...

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    So far 131 people think that Lennon knew Leicester's manager would be getting sacked and Rogers would be away to Leicester so Lennon could move back to Celtic and he deliberately ****ked up the Hibs job in the process? Rubbish!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    For the conspiracy theories to be true a lot of stars would have had to be perfectly aligned. Interesting, but I would say unlikely.
    What would it need for it all to be a genuine coincidence?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So far 131 people think that Lennon knew Leicester's manager would be getting sacked and Rogers would be away to Leicester so Lennon could move back to Celtic and he deliberately ****ked up the Hibs job in the process? Rubbish!
    I think they're saying that he deliberately got himself sacked for a non football matter.

He did get sacked for that, regardless of the glowing joint statement. The only question is the intent or lack of.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Wind that neck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wind that neck in.
    Too many people here have their heads buried in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Celtic to ditch the hoops in favour of green shirts with white sleeves and adopt sunshine on parkhead as their anthem.
    Na, Leeann to change the shirts to blue with an orange sash

The badge will be a photo of Queen Lizzie.

Instead of the huddle, the players will start every game with imaginary flute blowing

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    C’mon, he didn’t actually engineer Puell’s sacking but, with his involvement at that level in the game, he was bound to have know what wheels were in motion and put himself in a position where he could take advantage of it. Anybody who thinks this is all coincidental lives in cloud cuckoo land.
    You are correct and he did not engineer Puell sacking , But everyone and their dug knew that Brenda was severely chessed off with the lack of ambition shown by the club in SJM saga and many thought he would be gone at the end of the season , Also I believe that Brenda was approached prior to Puell getting his jotters and rumblings of the board at the foxes not being too happy and felt they should be higher up in the league and feel Lennon got the heads up on this and Lennon orchestrated his move in time.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    You are correct and he did not engineer Puell sacking , But everyone and their dug knew that Brenda was severely chessed off with the lack of ambition shown by the club in SJM saga and many thought he would be gone at the end of the season , Also I believe that Brenda was approached prior to Puell getting his jotters and rumblings of the board at the foxes not being too happy and felt they should be higher up in the league and feel Lennon got the heads up on this and Lennon orchestrated his move in time.
    Is that you David Icke.

This whole things stinks of contrived and well planned sequence if events, and reflects the type if people working I football, especially at the top end where money talks and it really does show that they are businesses with strategies in place to keep them in shape.
    Lennnon I have no doubt was an informed party to what the plans and I just hope that Hibs didnt agree to pay him and Parker off with a significant amount of money, and.if we did I hope that there will be some information thatbecomes available that allows us to challenge whats taken place, or the facts around his behaviours here come out into the open.
    Other than that, we will progress without him, he served a purpose and took us forward, now Heckingbottom and Stockdale will get to work and deliver beyond the point where Lennon couldnt.
    Onward to what the future brings.
    Ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    Could Hibs fans be more paranoid than Celtic's now?

Left by mutual consent!

Rodgers said cheerio to the players on Monday it's been reported.

He was only "officially" granted permission to talk on Tuesday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Could Hibs fans be more paranoid than Celtic's now?
    We've been had by Snakey Lennon, it's not paranoia. Lawwell will be pissing himself laughing over getting on over Petrie.

The players should have told it like what Billy Connolly told them on Parkison, if that bird comes near me ill break its effin neck.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    We've been had by Snakey Lennon, it's not paranoia. Lawwell will be pissing himself laughing over getting on over Petrie.
    How does that work then? Hibs got rid of a manager who was failing at his job. His antics, bizarre team selections, tactics etc were all huge contributors to his demise. Much as I liked the good bits of Lennon, Celtic are more than welcome to him and I would guess that our board share that view.

As for Petrie and Lawell, let’s see.

Hibs don’t sell McGinn to Celtic, goes to Villla instead, with a reputed big sell on clause. Lawell played a blinder right enough.

Hibs sign Scott Allan on a pre contract. In the meantime Celtic carry on paying 6000-8000 k/ week to a player who doesn’t kick a ball- quality again from Lawell.

Hibs remove manager who was failing in his job. He goes to Celtic, thereby probably negating anypayments Hibs were making to him.

Anyway, you are worryingly obsessed, possibly in love with or at the very least, totally infatuated with our former manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    How does that work then? Hibs got rid of a manager who was failing at his job. His antics, bizarre team selections, tactics etc were all huge contributors to his demise. Much as I liked the good bits of Lennon, Celtic are more than welcome to him and I would guess that our board share that view.

Hibs don’t sell McGinn to Celtic, goes to Villla instead, with a reputed big sell on clause. Lawell played a blinder right enough.

Hibs sign Scott Allan on a pre contract. In the meantime Celtic carry on paying 6000-8000 k/ week to a player who doesn’t kick a ball- quality again from Lawell.

Hibs remove manager who was failing in his job. He goes to Celtic, thereby probably negating anypayments Hibs were making to him.

Anyway, you are worryingly obsessed, possibly in love with or at the very least, totally infatuated with our former manager.
    Hibs got rid of a manager after suspension who had lost his enthusiasm for us, wonder why?

Lawwell bawsed up over McGinn and and was ridiculed over it. Because of that we never got Scott Allan and the midfield struggled.

Hibs lost their manager who had given up the ghost and never got any compensation when he magically appeared again as Celtic boss.

Our club have been had by a couple of snakes.

Hibs got rid of a manager after suspension who had lost his enthusiasm for us, wonder why?

Lawwell bawsed up over McGinn and and was ridiculed over it. Because of that we never got Scott Allan and the midfield struggled.

Hibs lost their manager who had given up the ghost and never got any compensation when he magically appeared again as Celtic boss.

Any chance you can **** right off with that ‘snake’ chat?
    Last edited by Beefster; 27-02-2019 at 11:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Hibs got rid of a manager who failed to bring in the right players after being given the biggest budget ever. His enthusiasm was irrelevant, his poor results, tactics and antics were leading him the exit door.

Our midfield struggled because Lennon was unable to find the right blend, get the best out of the talent we had and didn’t have any meaningful tactical strategy. ScottAllan would have been lost in there nd is irrelevant.

Good, I liked Lennon, but he had to go. It worked out well for all parties, Hibs, Lennon and Celtic.

We weren’t done by anyone, by any standards of over stimulated imagination.

So in summary, Celtic lost out on McGinn, a Celtic fan and a player widely tipped to reach the highest level. A committed and passionate player who might have been a mainstay of their side for years to come- blinder by Lawell right enough.

Celtic continue to fork out c 300,000 k in wages to a player who hasn’t kicked a ball all season.
    Back of the net there then?

Celtic gain an erratic but charismatic temporary manager who was failing big time in his previous employment. A man who’s teams previous three months form was relegation standard. A man who was looking increasingly forlorn, clueless and had by many accounts lost the support of his players and board. Oooftt, clinical finishing there, lol.

Nah, you’ve convinced me, pair of snakes right enough.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

Hibs didn’t “get rid” of Lennon. That’s not what the club statement said. Is it?

Left by mutual consent!
    We weren’t done by anyone, by any standards of over stimulated imagination.

So in summary, Celtic lost out on McGinn, a Celtic fan and a player widely tipped to reach the highest level. A committed and passionate player who might have been a mainstay of their side for years to come- blinder by Lawell right enough.

Celtic continue to fork out c 300,000 k in wages to a player who hasn’t kicked a ball all season.
    Back of the net there then?

Celtic gain an erratic but charismatic temporary manager who was failing big time in his previous employment. A man who’s teams previous three months form was relegation standard. A man who was looking increasingly forlorn, clueless and had by many accounts lost the support of his players and board. Oooftt, clinical finishing there, lol.

Nah, you’ve convinced me, pair of snakes right enough.
    They worked it out to get one over us after what happened in the summer. End of discussion from me and the poster above I’ll keep calling Lennon a snake as is their CEO.