hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Is the Celtic position the real reason for Lennon's departure ?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Lennonknew

194 47.20%
  • no it's not, coincidence

167 40.63%
  • who's Neil Lennon

50 12.17%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    How exactly did Lennon engineer Claude Puell getting sacked?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    To the Hibs netters who thought Lennon was a stand up guy LOL 😂

And btw, the dogs on the street knew this was coming - and yet there’s now a poll about it 😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As former captain of the club he was probably kept in the loop I would imagine.

Blog Entries
    C’mon, he didn’t actually engineer Puell’s sacking but, with his involvement at that level in the game, he was bound to have know what wheels were in motion and put himself in a position where he could take advantage of it. Anybody who thinks this is all coincidental lives in cloud cuckoo land.

Apparently rumours were strong down south since late November that Rodgers would be the next Leicester manager whether that was short term or in the summer. I got a text from a rangers supporting mate at the time telling me to put a bet on it. I thought it was wishful thinking on his part!!

Celtic would have been aware of it too and planning for the eventuality but hoping it would be the end of the season

PS didn’t bet it lol

A match made in hell and they are welcome to each other

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I'm not quite onside with the conspiracy theories but in a way I'm glad NL moved on when he did now. With Rodgers now moving to Leicester and Lennon taking over at Parkhead something I'm pretty sure he would have done anyway even if still employed by us, he'd have left us in the lurch IMO.

Not concerned whats happening at Celtic, I'm far more bothered about collecting 3 points at St Johnstone and Heck continuing his promising start. My first chance to see the team since his appointment.

'Mon Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I'm not quite onside with the conspiracy theories but in a way I'm glad NL moved on when he did now. With Rodgers now moving to Leicester and Lennon taking over at Parkhead something I'm pretty sure he would have done anyway even if still employed by us, he'd have left us in the lurch IMO.

Not concerned whats happening at Celtic, I'm far more bothered about collecting 3 points at St Johnstone and Heck continuing his promising start. My first chance to see the team since his appointment.

'Mon Hibs

I agree with that. He'd have no doubt not ruled himself out the Celtic job like he did with the Scotland job but ×100 creating a huge wave of uncertainty. I think it's all worked out well. Early signs are we have a very good management team in now who want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Absolute carve up. Think hibs are due a few apologies from some media outlets, pundits and some of our own fans.
    I think the most likely outcome is the media use it as a stick to beat us with. Will be sold that we treated him unfairly and now the top team in the country wants him, so we’re painted to be even bigger fools. His mates will pay into us and say we’ve shot ourselved in the foot and this is the proof.

Not my opinion but that’s the sort of thing that sells newspapers and prevents anyone eating humble pie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    I think the most likely outcome is the media use it as a stick to beat us with. Will be sold that we treated him unfairly and now the top team in the country wants him, so we’re painted to be even bigger fools. His mates will pay into us and say we’ve shot ourselved in the foot and this is the proof.

Not my opinion but that’s the sort of thing that sells newspapers and prevents anyone eating humble pie.
    Bill Leckie went back to the story to big up Lennon to the Celtic support this time last week. Nothing to beat us up about in main, just being a Lennon or Celtics publicist. Week later he’s Celtic head coach.

It's just too neat to be a coincidence, maybe . It may not have been planned in that sort of detail but Celtic were probably aware Brenda was leaving when the first EPL club came calling and Lennon was sounded out as (at least) an interim manager until summer. Lennon and Hibs may or may not have known this prior to his departure and the having done nothing wrong scenario, who knows? But it's just too "coincidental" for me. I think there has been some tapping up by Celtic and Hibs who were aware of the upcoming moves prior to the bust up (or no bust up) which ever you want to believe. So maybe it was all just a coincidence then!

Maybe we should get Rebus in to solve the mystery although he might be in cahoots with Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    Irish Republican nonsense?

In this instance, I'm referring to an obsession by a small group of people who are actually Scottish with the ugliest side of Irish Republicanism...

...so yes, THEIR Irish Republican Nonsense

First Team Breakthrough
    If Lennon has engineered this then how well have Hibs dealt with the situation? The board have been slaughtered by the majority and have remained discreet and respectful throughout, taken the criticism on board and appointed a new manager.
    Whatever the real reason behind the Lennon suspension the club look more and more competent and professional with each passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    what do you think ?
    He knew

Coincidence

Celtc get ~£6m for Rodgers but Lennon worked his ticket and damaged his reputation to save them ~£200k?

Sounds legit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Celtc get ~£6m for Rodgers but Lennon worked his ticket and damaged his reputation to save them ~£200k?

Sounds legit.
    This will be scoffed at by a few but I don’t think it’s very far off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This will be scoffed at by a few but I don’t think it’s very far off the mark.
    Okay then. Why didn’t he just resign instead of tarnishing his reputation and going out in a blaze of unsavoury rumours and innuendo about his personality, professionalism and mental state?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Kamberi his first signing in the summer?

I will take the conspiracy up a notch......say leeann ends up at celtic as well......????????????

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I will take the conspiracy up a notch......say leeann ends up at celtic as well......????????????
    Let’s say Rod Petrie as well...

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Celtic to ditch the hoops in favour of green shirts with white sleeves and adopt sunshine on parkhead as their anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Celtic to ditch the hoops in favour of green shirts with white sleeves and adopt sunshine on parkhead as their anthem.
    No way! 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    Let’s say Rod Petrie as well...
    Result! 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    Kamberi his first signing in the summer?
    The only player I think he would feel could be a good asset to that team would be Porteous

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Okay then. Why didn’t he just resign instead of tarnishing his reputation and going out in a blaze of unsavoury rumours and innuendo about his personality, professionalism and mental state?
    How’s he ternished his reputation?

He’s going back to Celtic with any reputation in tact because of the way he/Celtic play the media.

More importantly Lawwell has got one over Petrie here. That’s the bigger picture after the whole John McGinn situation.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    The only player I think he would feel could be a good asset to that team would be Porteous
    David Gray is better than any right back they have.

Would love us to announce a new contract for Sir David in the next couple of days.

Lenny knew he was going to celtic but expected it to be in the summer.

I know two Leicester fans who told me back in April 2018 that Puel was going to be sacked at the end of the season. They believe that the owner would have been tapping up managers over the summer and it’s not too much of a stretch that with Neil having Hibs punching above their weight that he might have been a candidate.

How was Neil Lennon acting back in May - can anyone remember?

Puel has been a dead man walking since December 2018 when he had a crisis meeting with the Leicester Board. By which time of course Lennon’s stock had fallen.

Why is it too much of a stretch to believe that Rodgers had been tapped up around that time?

To understand what has occurred over the last week, we need to examine the Puel story at Leicester first, Lennon’s connections at Leicester, the likelihood that Rodgers was already lined up for a return to the EPL and Brendan’s role in lining up Lennon to return to Celtic meantime.

Does it matter to Leeann? Personally I think she will suspect we have been played and suffered financial loss as a result.

No-one is bigger than the club. Let’s move on!

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I know two Leicester fans who told me back in April 2018 that Puel was going to be sacked at the end of the season. They believe that the owner would have been tapping up managers over the summer and it’s not too much of a stretch that with Neil having Hibs punching above their weight that he might have been a candidate.

How was Neil Lennon acting back in May - can anyone remember?

Puel has been a dead man walking since December 2018 when he had a crisis meeting with the Leicester Board. By which time of course Lennon’s stock had fallen.

Why is it too much of a stretch to believe that Rodgers had been tapped up around that time?

To understand what has occurred over the last week, we need to examine the Puel story at Leicester first, Lennon’s connections at Leicester, the likelihood that Rodgers was already lined up for a return to the EPL and Brendan’s role in lining up Lennon to return to Celtic meantime.

Does it matter to Leeann? Personally I think she will suspect we have been played and suffered financial loss as a result.

No-one is bigger than the club. Let’s move on!
    He was reconsidering his position back in May