hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Horgan

Horgan

Really starting to show why we brought him to the club, really enjoy watching him and like was said earlier his end product has improved. Getting goals and assists is what his game needs to be about and currently he’s ticking those boxes, another one who deserves praise.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I like him a lot. Would be good to get 90 minutes out of him though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Have said all season that I think he would be a good player if played in the right position. Must be about double figures assist wise despite being in and out the team.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Read a good interview with Adam Hammil last week about PH - said that he gives you so much confidence. After Kamberi, Horgan was the first person I thought of who could be positively impacted.

Agree with Matty’s comment re: his fitness, but he looks such a threat at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    He works his but off for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    The end product was always missing before, that seems to have changed. Needs to keep up the good work. Unfortunately I think he may well have picked up an injury tonight.?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Playing him out wide has made a big difference.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    His wee jink as he went into the box before squaring for the second goal was sheer class. Was just enough to make the defender pause which gave him the room to rattle it across to McNulty.

Hopefully his injury is nothing serious as he looks to be finally getting into a bit of form.

@hibs.net private member
    Great stuff from Horgan again tonight - 3 assists in 2 games?

Not a fitness issue tonight. Landed awkwardly and went over on ankle and twisted his knee.
    Hobbled off but importantly seemed to be walking limp free after the game.
    Has 5 days to recover for our most important match in a long time.

Class act with bags of improvement in him.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Really like Horgan. Gives his all and never hides. Good player. Still can't believe he was hooked in the last derby.

Showing what he can do now that he's playing in his proped position. Quality player.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    He's great - but burns out after about an hour.
    But WHAT an hour!

He never stops, and his wee legs have to work twice as fast as others - he's like that wee Mexican Mouse cartoon character - Speedy Gonzales?

Fast as a fast thing, going faster.

I think they have just a big wheel at the training centre, with him inside it running like ****.

Maybe in a hamster costume........ a big fur coat..... they were made out of hamsters. Honestly hundreds.

Or maybe not the coat.
    But still in the wheel.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really like Horgan. Gives his all and never hides. Good player. Still can't believe he was hooked in the last derby.
    Re the bit in bold - absolutely agree. Whether having a good or a bad game Horgan always contributes plenty in terms of effort. I think he's shown great attitude and has thrived in the last few games from being given a consistent role in the team - he's got pace and passing ability and has shown himself to have a cultured right peg in the last couple of games when given the chance to cut inside and show it off.

I hope the phannys that were writing him off as pish not very log ago are feeling suitably chastised.

Re the derby - he wouldn't have been my first choice to take off chasing the game either - that said he may have been tiring a bit - doesn't matter now - onwards and upwards!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Great performance tonight , if he keeps it up we’re on our way to being a good team again , full team had pass marks tonight

Horgan is unquestionably a dynamo.

When played out wide he is brilliant to watch.

Good to see him impacting a game, which for a good while was not the case.

@hibs.net private member
    I slaughtered him a few weeks back after the Motherwell game and said we need to get rid after the St Mirren game but he’s definitely proving me wrong and turning things right around and had a really good game last night.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He was brilliant last night.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Continues to impress me.Gives his all

Like kamberi the shackles are off. Go and express yourself

Really coming onto a game. I think he would benefit if we had a fit winger on the other side as we are currently asking a lot of Gray to get up and down the park

@hibs.net private member
    I've been unimpressed with him and felt he flattered to deceive up until now.

However, he's definitely coming onto a game and looking like the player we hoped.

I do think when he's struggled it's been against the better teams. That will of course be the case with lots of players but he is a bit of a flat track bully for us and needs to step up over the next couple of weeks against the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen.

Much better suited to the wide role and really benefits from having two players to link with up top.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I like him a lot. Would be good to get 90 minutes out of him though.
    Maybe this is where Fraser Murray can come in? When Horgan starts to fade get him on and start introducing him to the first team more regularly?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Great wee player when he's given a run in the right position. Thought he was our man of the match.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Horgan is a quality signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    He's great - but burns out after about an hour.
    But WHAT an hour!

He never stops, and his wee legs have to work twice as fast as others - he's like that wee Mexican Mouse cartoon character - Speedy Gonzales?

Fast as a fast thing, going faster.

I think they have just a big wheel at the training centre, with him inside it running like ****.

Maybe in a hamster costume........ a big fur coat..... they were made out of hamsters. Honestly hundreds.

Or maybe not the coat.
    But still in the wheel.
    I have a sore head from the drink last night and am struggling to get out of bed - but at least I'm laughing now ������

@hibs.net private member
    I think Horgan and Flo are great examples of why playing players in the correct role and position is important to their success. Horgan looked good when he first signed playing wide left and Flo was great playing with a partner and running channels and behind the defence. A manager decides he needs them to do something different and their form suffers badly and with Flo his whole game crumbled. It can work the other way with players thriving in a new position but it is always a risk and some of the signings that we have may actually be better than we thought now a manager looks like he wants to set up and play to players' strengths. Horgan was great last night and the run he made for the second goal was reminiscent of the one Fyvie made in the cup final that took us up the pitch and was the catalyst, imo, to us lifting the trophy. That drive, determination and strength has been sadly lacking this season but within a week it has returned.