hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Player Ratings v Dundee

Marciano - 8 - Done well throughout with one outstanding save at an important time of the match. Kicking could be better.

Gray - 6 - Not his best today and seemed to get caught/out of position quite a bit. Never seemed fully fit and the one time he got forward he chose the wrong option instead of laying it on a player for McNulty.

McGregor - 7 - Relatively solid McGregor like performance.

Hanlon - 6 - He seems very slow and weak for me at the moment with poor distribution

Stevenson - 7 - solid

Milligan - 6 - Not as involved as recent weeks and seemed to be far too deep at Times and invited pressure. Some good interceptions

Slivka - 6 - again not as involved as recent weeks and very deep.

Mallan - 7 - In and out the game however he has pure quality when in the right position. Should have done better with his chance in the first half. Brilliant strikes for his and McNulty’s goals.

Horgan - 8 - Coming on to a game just before he went off and decision making is looking a lot better, great assist.

McNulty - 9 - 2 goals and an assist. Works hard and great partnership with Flo.

Kamberi - 9 - Took his goal really well and looks like the Flo we all love. Should have released the ball for Shaw in last 5.

Overall

A good team performance overall and one we probably wouldn’t have won in the past. Some of the individual ratings may seem harsh but as a unit we were better.

Defensively I thought we still seemed quite slow and easy to get through, Wright who played well was causing us a lot of problems however we showed good experience to see the game out even if a bit lucky.

Midfield was better than recent however I felt like Slivka and Milligan were almost right on top of the centre half’s and invited pressure on. Seemed easy for them to pass it round us. Horgan and Mallan were in and out the game however were the difference as they offer real quality.

Strikers are forming a great partnership and always look to find one another. Both scoring today and setting each other up on a couple of occasions is promising.

You can tell the difference in our style with the new manager who I’m sure will be happy with the performance and win but still see a lot to improve on. Appears he wants Milligan and Slivka to sit a bit more and offer some security. Much better attacking displays since he’s came in.

Dundee really impressed me and were far better than I expected, got some good players at their disposal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Agree with most. I thought Slivka was constantly on the ball though. Got such an eye for a pass.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marciano - 8 - Done well throughout with one outstanding save at an important time of the match. Kicking could be better.

Gray - 6 - Not his best today and seemed to get caught/out of position quite a bit. Never seemed fully fit and the one time he got forward he chose the wrong option instead of laying it on a player for McNulty.

Hanlon - 6 - He seems very slow and weak for me at the moment with poor distribution

Stevenson - 7 - solid

Milligan - 6 - Not as involved as recent weeks and seemed to be far too deep at Times and invited pressure. Some good interceptions

Mallan - 7 - In and out the game however he has pure quality when in the right position. Should have done better with his chance in the first half. Brilliant strikes for his and McNulty’s goals.

Horgan - 8 - Coming on to a game just before he went off and decision making is looking a lot better, great assist.

Kamberi - 9 - Took his goal really well and looks like the Flo we all love. Should have released the ball for Shaw in last 5.

Overall

A good team performance overall and one we probably wouldn’t have won in the past. Some of the individual ratings may seem harsh but as a unit we were better.

Defensively I thought we still seemed quite slow and easy to get through, Wright who played well was causing us a lot of problems however we showed good experience to see the game out even if a bit lucky.

Midfield was better than recent however I felt like Slivka and Milligan were almost right on top of the centre half’s and invited pressure on. Seemed easy for them to pass it round us. Horgan and Mallan were in and out the game however were the difference as they offer real quality.

Strikers are forming a great partnership and always look to find one another. Both scoring today and setting each other up on a couple of occasions is promising.

You can tell the difference in our style with the new manager who I’m sure will be happy with the performance and win but still see a lot to improve on. Appears he wants Milligan and Slivka to sit a bit more and offer some security. Much better attacking displays since he’s came in.

Dundee really impressed me and were far better than I expected, got some good players at their disposal.
    Mostly agree. Thought Gray was less than a 6 and Milligan more than a 6.

Agree with all but Mallan. I know he scored a great goal and that's what the game is about but for me offers little else than a final strike.

Totally disagree with slivka rating, thought he was great on the ball and got thru a power of work. Becoming a big player for us

Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Agree with all but Mallan. I know he scored a great goal and that's what the game is about but for me offers little else than a final strike.
    Offers little else than a goal and an assist? Genuinely don’t know what else you want from him tonight.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Marciano - 8
    Gray - 5
    Daz - 6
    Hanlon - 4
    Lewis - 7
    Slivka - 8
    Milligan - 7
    Mallan - 7
    Horgan - 7
    McNulty - 9
    Flo - 7

No marks for Omeonga? Thought he done very well when he came on, and given a run could be a real find.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Totally disagree with slivka rating, thought he was great on the ball and got thru a power of work. Becoming a big player for us
    Personally felt he wasn’t on the ball much at all, and when he was it was more in the position you would expect the right back.

Think the new role Heck is making him play limits him a bit as I think he’s best running forward and at folk. Done the job well enough tonight and was more of s team performance from him.

Think Heck see’s the team split in 2, defence and attack. Milligan and Slivka to sit in whilst the rest go and win the game for us.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Completely agree with this, first half especially he was superb on the ball and didn't put a foot wrong

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    a technically excellent footballer who has the intelligence to calm the game down when needed.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    We were decent tonight, thought we were a bit wobbly at the back at times but looked dangerous going forward. Some players obviously had better games than others but wouldn't have said anyone was stonking nor was anyone that outstanding. I woudn't have given anyone lower than 6 or higher than 8. Just a decent all round performance.

Stevenson - 7 - solid

Overall

A 6 for hanlon is generous in the extreme.

Rocky - 9

Gray - 6
    Mcgregor - 7
    Hanlon - 6
    Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 9 (motm)
    Milligan - 7
    Mallan - 7
    Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 8
    Mcnulty - 9

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    We were decent tonight, thought we were a bit wobbly at the back at times but looked dangerous going forward. Some players obviously had better games than others but wouldn't have said anyone was stonking nor was anyone that outstanding. I woudn't have given anyone lower than 6 or higher than 8. Just a decent all round performance.
    Can you please refrain from posting sensible and measured stuff.

don't you know this place thrives on extreme views.....

Oh, and by the way, if I agree with you ...you must be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Agree with most. I thought Slivka was constantly on the ball though. Got such an eye for a pass.
    I thought he had a good game. Always looking for the short pass from defence, simple looking stuff but let the others play a bit more.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    No marks for Omeonga? Thought he done very well when he came on, and given a run could be a real find.
    Needs longer on the park to show what he can do I think.

Early days, but just a bit worried the pace and physicality of the Scottish game may not be best suited to him, on the fleeting glances so far.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    A 6 for hanlon is generous in the extreme.
    I agree however never wanted to be too harsh considering we won.

For me he is miles off it at the moment, he’s not sniffing out danger, he’s getting dragged about, weak, slow and distribution has been very poor and in areas where better teams would exploit us.

Personally felt he wasn’t on the ball much at all, and when he was it was more in the position you would expect the right back.

Think the new role Heck is making him play limits him a bit as I think he’s best running forward and at folk. Done the job well enough tonight and was more of s team performance from him.

Think Heck see’s the team split in 2, defence and attack. Milligan and Slivka to sit in whilst the rest go and win the game for us.
    Disagree with the first 2 paragraphs, but agree with the third. I think slivka is the one who is gonna be the link. Milligan has the defensive qualities, but slivka was looking to come deep, play short passes, nice 1 2s, and I thought he carried the ball well. With him doing that and Milligan focusing more on defense, I couod see it working.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Rocky - 9

Gray - 6
    Mcgregor - 7
    Hanlon - 6
    Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 9 (motm)
    Milligan - 7
    Mallan - 7
    Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 8
    Mcnulty - 9
    👍

First Team Breakthrough
    I agree however never wanted to be too harsh considering we won.

For me he is miles off it at the moment, he’s not sniffing out danger, he’s getting dragged about, weak, slow and distribution has been very poor and in areas where better teams would exploit us.
    I am a massive fan of hanlon, but he looks as if he has lost pace and confidence. I really hope we can play him through this.

Marciano 6
    Gray 4
    McGregor 6
    Hanlon 2
    Stevenson 3
    Milligan 4
    Slivka 5
    Horgan 6
    Mallan 7
    M ****y 8
    Kamberi 7

With Porteous out Hanlon is in for the rest of the season. I agree he's been a bit rusty since returning from injury but in the last ten minutes tonight he won a few headers and came storming out to make a good tackle about 30 yards out like he used to always do. Winning brings confidence and I'm sure he'll be back to his best pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Marciano 6
    Gray 4
    McGregor 6
    Hanlon 2
    Stevenson 3
    Milligan 4
    Slivka 5
    Horgan 6
    Mallan 7
    M ****y 8
    Kamberi 7
    Pished.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Pished.
    No just a jambo trying to be smart

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Marciano - 8

Gray - 5
    McGregor - 5
    Hanlon - 5
    Stevenson - 7

Mallan - 8
    Slivka - 7
    Milligan - 7
    Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 9
    McNulty - 9

Omeonga - 7
    Shaw - 6

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Pished.
    Pished or a poor excuse for a troll? 🤔

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Marciano - 8

Gray - 5
    McGregor - 5
    Hanlon - 5
    Stevenson - 7

Mallan - 8
    Slivka - 7
    Milligan - 7
    Horgan - 8

Kamberi - 9
    McNulty - 9

Omeonga - 7
    Shaw - 6
    pretty much agree but a bit harsh on Darren thought he had a decent game

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roo62 View Post
    pretty much agree but a bit harsh on Darren thought he had a decent game
    I knocked him down a point for a play in the first half where he went for the ball and Dundee got the loose ball but if he had just left it, it was going out.

Most of the team played well, got a bit fortunate with decisions and Rocky made another phenomenal save v Dundee.

Negative for me would be Hanlon. He's been poor this season which is such a shame after getting into the Scotland squad last year.