hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Petition for fundamental change in the SFA.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Petition for fundamental change in the SFA.

I’ve signed dozens of these over the years, waste of time. The SFA is run by the clubs. If we can’t get Hibs involved we are wasting our time. And as soon as you point that out you will be flamed on here for even suggesting that Hibs are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve signed dozens of these over the years, waste of time. The SFA is run by the clubs. If we can’t get Hibs involved we are wasting our time. And as soon as you point that out you will be flamed on here for even suggesting that Hibs are part of the problem.

I've signed but I agree with this.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Until we have a chairman who doesn't have a vested interest in future SFA leadership our club will do and say nothing.

I haven't got an awful lot of time for Lennon since his departure, but the dignified silence™ following all the instances of abuse he got were shocking.

Correct, the first step in this is our own club growing a backbone and voicing their concerns over such matters.

The "dignified silence" the club has employed for countless years hasn't worked, and is tacit approval of everything we are presently witnessing.

Alas, there is no chance of this happening whilst Petrie and Dempster are here.

Our last manager suffered constant sectarian abuse from their fans last season yet our response this season is to give them more tickets next time they visit? Why? Because our values are for sale, that’s why. They bring in money so we turn a blind eye. We can’t condemn the SFA or even the new Rangers board when we tolerate their behaviour in order to make a few quid.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Our last manager suffered constant sectarian abuse from their fans last season yet our response this season is to give them more tickets next time they visit? Why? Because our values are for sale, that’s why. They bring in money so we turn a blind eye. We can’t condemn the SFA or even the new Rangers board when we tolerate their behaviour in order to make a few quid.

Exactly, the blue pound is much more important to our club than common decency.

Our last manager suffered constant sectarian abuse from their fans last season yet our response this season is to give them more tickets next time they visit? Why? Because our values are for sale, that’s why. They bring in money so we turn a blind eye. We can’t condemn the SFA or even the new Rangers board when we tolerate their behaviour in order to make a few quid

👍

Right enough, the club could have made a statement and not given them any tickets, until the songs stop. We would have been hammered by ghe SFA but it would be more damaging to them when it hit the worlds media about why we done it.
    Infact the more I think about it, WHY do we sell them tickets, I know we are bound by a percentage but we should refuse them that percentage and make an almigh6 stink about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Right enough, the club could have made a statement and not given them any tickets, until the songs stop. We would have been hammered by ghe SFA but it would be more damaging to them when it hit the worlds media about why we done it.
    Infact the more I think about it, WHY do we sell them tickets, I know we are bound by a percentage but we should refuse them that percentage and make an almigh6 stink about it.
    Never happen while Petrie is here.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Exactly, the blue pound is much more important to our club than common decency.
    Yip, and be assured they will see this as a victory and let us know about it when they come calling in there thousands, bet the f***ers aren't talking about boycotting us this time around, there will be a frenzy to get tickets for the game at ER to ram it down our throats that we buckled to them and that we need the blue pound, Petrie will get it tight and Leeann will be seen as the blue saviour for giving in to what they will think is one of there own and doing the right thing for the Rangers.

The battle has been lost, Rangers and Celtc are leading the race in who can be the nastiest f***ers in the league right now, we just have to accept it, our club does so we just need to fall in line and stop complaining and greeting about our mangers being abused, the f***ers pay good money and they can sing what they where they want and we can't/won't do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    There's no set percentage.

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number
    of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be
    agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to
    agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or
    Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be
    determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Never happen while Petrie is here.

OK, since you seem to be in the know, could you tell us what RP's precise thoughts are on all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    OK, since you seem to be in the know, could you tell us what RP's precise thoughts are on all this?
    When it happens you can come back and say ‘told you it was nothing to do with Rod’ but as it’s not going to happen and we will remain silent about the abuse in return for 30 pieces of silver then I think I know well enough Rod’s thought on it.

The club's repeated silence on the issue, especially the sectarian abuse suffered by their own staff, is proof of their tacit approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    The club's repeated silence on the issue, especially the sectarian abuse suffered by their own staff, is proof of their tacit approval.
    You're speaking about the club. I asked about Rod Petrie.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I’m not in the know and I’m certainly no Petrie basher as my posts over the years will testify. However I’m definitely of the view that Rod has his eyes on the prize when it comes to the SFA, and while that’s the case Hibs won’t do anything to rock the boat. Examples:

Failing to call out our Edinburgh neighbours’ increasing issue with sectarianism. Even when it’s aimed at our manager.
    Stating that it was time everybody moved on instead of dealing with the dead Rangers and the SFA.
    Refusing to do anything about the new Rangers fans singing sectarian songs at our home ground, instead increasing their ticket allocation.

When it happens you can come back and say ‘told you it was nothing to do with Rod’ but as it’s not going to happen and we will remain silent about the abuse in return for 30 pieces of silver then I think I know well enough Rod’s thought on it.

I don't think you know any such thing.

Blog Entries
    His unseemly haste to ‘move on’ from the independent inquiry requested by the SPFL into the SFA’s handling of the EBT scandal tells you all you need to know about his attitude towards scrutiny of SFA matters.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    I’m not in the know and I’m certainly no Petrie basher as my posts over the years will testify. However I’m definitely of the view that Rod has his eyes on the prize when it comes to the SFA, and while that’s the case Hibs won’t do anything to rock the boat. Examples:

Failing to call out our Edinburgh neighbours’ increasing issue with sectarianism. Even when it’s aimed at our manager.
    Stating that it was time everybody moved on instead of dealing with the dead Rangers and the SFA.
    Refusing to do anything about the new Rangers fans singing sectarian songs at our home ground, instead increasing their ticket allocation.
    Why do you think Rod Petrie is involved with the SFA? Do you not think he does it more for Hibs' good than his own?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    His unseemly haste to ‘move on’ from the independent inquiry requested by the SPFL into the SFA’s handling of the EBT scandal tells you all you need to know about his attitude towards scrutiny of SFA matters.
    You're speaking about the SFA. I asked about Rod Petrie.

Blog Entries
    You're speaking about the SFA. I asked about Rod Petrie.
    ‘His’ refers to Rod Petrie.

Why do you think Rod Petrie is involved with the SFA? Do you not think he does it more for Hibs' good than his own?
    It can’t be good for Hibs having someone with so much influence at an organisation which is failing in every single area it operates like the SFA. I can see no benefit to Hibs in being associated with that level of failure.

It can’t be good for Hibs having someone with so much influence at an organisation which is failing in every single area it operates like the SFA. I can see no benefit to Hibs in being associated with that level of failure.

Very good. Unless we go and play in another country, Hibs are associated whether we like it or not.

So as long as we're governed by these organisations, is it not better to have someone involved fto fight our corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    ‘His’ refers to Rod Petrie.
    No, that was Hibs.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...case-1-4557402

Ignore the photo, read the statement.

Very good. Unless we go and play in another country, Hibs are associated whether we like it or not.

So as long as we're governed by these organisations, is it not better to have someone involved fto fight our corner?
    Is he fighting our corner? Any examples? Meanwhile, when fans look at the absolute shambles that the SFA are, all they see is that one of the reasons is the Hibs chairman is one of the main movers and shakers. How is that good for us?
    Amazingly, given how society is these days with a lot more tolerance everywhere, sectarianism in Scottish football has gotten worse over the last 10 years not better. That’s because it’s tolerated and in some cases encouraged.
    And it’s happening on Petrie’s watch.

If he's solely interested in the good of Hibernian then why hasn't he spoken out on the various incidents mentioned previously?

Why did he also advocate moving on from the EBT scandal etc, an incident that had a profound negative effect on Hibernian via lost revenue etc?

Is he fighting our corner? Any examples? Meanwhile, when fans look at the absolute shambles that the SFA are, all they see is that one of the reasons is the Hibs chairman is one of the main movers and shakers. How is that good for us?
    Amazingly, given how society is these days with a lot more tolerance everywhere, sectarianism in Scottish football has gotten worse over the last 10 years not better. That’s because it’s tolerated and in some cases encouraged.

Petrie isn't President of the SFA and isn't even on the SPFL's board. But it's happening on his "watch"?

Petrie isn't President of the SFA and isn't even on the SPFL's board. But it's happening on his "watch"?
    I never mentioned the SPFL. If this is happening against Petrie’s will then the right thing for him to do would be to resign and speak out. But deep down you know that he is fine with it.

Left by mutual consent!

Scottish Cup Final.

We beat the huns and they caused an uproar. Without Petrie rightly or wrongly (majory wrongly imo) fighting our battle we would have got massively hammered.