hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ODI cricket

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Hampshire have just eased past Lancashire to join Somerset in the final of the Royal London One-Day cup. It's been a bitty game, and Hampshire were cruising at one point but left the door open a little for Lancs to come back into it.

Saqib Mahmood looked good for Lancs again while James Vince had a confident knock with the bat for Hampshire - timely, as I don't think England have named a CWC replacement yet for Alex Hales (unless I missed it).

The other thing of note is that Jimmy Anderson had to leave the field after the batsman struck him on the side of the knee, returning Anderson's delivery. It looked a very sore one, though Anderson was able to walk off unaided. Not good timing, given the Ashes are forthcoming and England would probably be wise to wrap him in cotton wool (and then bubble wrap and then maybe a suit of armour).
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

England are a third of the way through their overs, chasing down the Pakistani total.

Pakistan notched up 358, which is a healthy enough total but Bairstow and Roy are having a fair whack at the ball and making big inroads, actual run rate just over nine when they need 6.24.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

England wrap it up with five overs and a ball to spare.

Impressive stuff, given they were chasing a decent target, albeit on a batting pitch.

Not long now until the CWC and I am very much looking forward to it. I may start a fresh thread in a week or two and anyone interested can start chipping in with their predictions.

I’m wavering at the moment, as the format is going to reward consistency until the knock-out at the very end.

For me that probably predicates against the credible outsiders like NZ and certainly the Windies, but nothing is certain and either side, and probably NZ more so, could make the final four.

Should be a great tournament to watch and with the Ashes to follow it is quite the summer for cricket on these shores.

@hibs.net private member LALthehibeeGAL's Avatar

Scotland v Sri Lanka

Sorry for the slight hi-jack - anyone know if tomorrow's ODI at the grange is likely to go ahead with the forecast of light rain. We were going to go such a pity the weather isn't going to be as it has been the last few days!!

Cheers
    Lal

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by LALthehibeeGAL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for the slight hi-jack - anyone know if tomorrow's ODI at the grange is likely to go ahead with the forecast of light rain. We were going to go such a pity the weather isn't going to be as it has been the last few days!!

Cheers
    Lal
    The grange drainage is much better these days but unfortunately it’s impossible to be sure what to do with a forecast like we have for tomorrow. Looks like one of those days where just as soon as they get out it will start raining again. Or we’ll gwt the 10 overs required to mean no refunds and not a lot more.

Just to check, you have tickets already as I believe tomorrow’s game is sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    The grange drainage is much better these days but unfortunately it’s impossible to be sure what to do with a forecast like we have for tomorrow. Looks like one of those days where just as soon as they get out it will start raining again. Or we’ll gwt the 10 overs required to mean no refunds and not a lot more.

Just to check, you have tickets already as I believe tomorrow’s game is sold out?
    Ow naw I was going to get them last night as they were still available but my computer was playing up so was about to try just now!!! Do you know if there are any walk ups! I read somewhere there sometimes is?

Testimonial Due
    Ow naw I was going to get them last night as they were still available but my computer was playing up so was about to try just now!!! Do you know if there are any walk ups! I read somewhere there sometimes is?
    There’s usually only walk ups when it’s not sold out I think. Just had a look again unfortunately they said sold out this afternoon. Maybe worth keeping an eye on their Twitter just in case.

There’s usually only walk ups when it’s not sold out I think. Just had a look again unfortunately they said sold out this afternoon. Maybe worth keeping an eye on their Twitter just in case.
    OK thanks I am keeping an eye on the Twitter !! I even swapped my shifts!! my own fault was really looking forward to it cos missed out on Scotland v England last year!!! what to do now!!!

Testimonial Due
    OK thanks I am keeping an eye on the Twitter !! I even swapped my shifts!! my own fault was really looking forward to it cos missed out on Scotland v England last year!!! what to do now!!!
    There’s a game on Tuesday against Sri Lanka too which i don’t think is sold out yet, obviously more of an issue with work for people though.

There’s a game on Tuesday against Sri Lanka too which i don’t think is sold out yet, obviously more of an issue with work for people though.
    yeah I know thanks but we can't make it due to work commitments and I don't think there is an England game due to World Cup!!!

oh well it's not to be!!

Testimonial Due
    Scotland game today v Sri Lanka is confirmed to be a delayed start while they wait for the outfield to dry. I fear every time we get close to a start there will be another shower to delay things so would put any chance of play at 50/50.

Testimonial Due
    Scotland game today v Sri Lanka is confirmed to be a delayed start while they wait for the outfield to dry. I fear every time we get close to a start there will be another shower to delay things so would put any chance of play at 50/50.
    The match was abandoned after a 3.30 inspection. Was only drizzling but the damage had been done. 2nd ODI of the series is Tuesday.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Set fair for Tuesday. I’m going any other cricket fans on here fancy meeting up?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Set fair for Tuesday. I’m going any other cricket fans on here fancy meeting up?
    I’m out the country otherwise would be up for it. Hope you have a great day and maybe catch you at the cricket another time

Testimonial Due
    Dry at the grange so far, Scotland have won the toss and will bowl first. Possibility of rain this afternoon so they’re hoping hoping to be in the right side of the DLS for once.

Testimonial Due
    Scotland are 132/3 after27 overs chasing 323. Rain coming down with Scotland about 30 runs behind the DLS. Looks unlikely they’ll be getting back out.

Testimonial Due
    Restart imminent... Scotland require 103 off 7 overs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Restart imminent... Scotland require 103 off 7 overs.
    50 now required off the last three overs I see...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    50 now required off the last three overs I see...
    Apologies, got to the pub at the end and forgot to do an update. Munsey whacked the first ball after the restart for 6 and he and Leask gave it a good go for a couple of overs but inevitably fell pushing for more. A comical runout finished it in the final over with Scotland 35 short.

Munsey was out for 61 off 42 balls. Dropped catches were probably the killer for Scotland, 3 going down during the first 100 Sri Lanka runs.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I thought we had them when those 3/wickets fell quite quickly, but Sri Lanka had that extra gear in the last 10 overs. It was a pity about the rain, but it was a decent game.

United we stand here....