hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You try to use an assertive tone when you don't agree yet act like a little bairn when your offended, you try to much.

People said that after the hearts game on may 9th when Lennon let rip into the players and said maybe he can't take the club any further forward, that's when he should have left and that's when he lost the dressing room. People to this day still stay that's when he should have left so it not "downright lies".
    And given how it's went this season it looks like those people were right eh?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    At this stage, since he hasn't started yet, and I never watched a Leeds game with him in charge, I have no opinion of him.

Is it OK to say that? In these days of entrenched opinions online where noone ever changes their mind or has shades of grey instead of black and white I kind of feel like have to apologise for just not having an opinion

Good luck to him and the smoggy dude from the Sunderland documentary. See, I've done my homework
    No that’s no allowed. You either have to already know he’s going to be a disaster or know he’s going to win us the cup this year and the league next year. There can be no in between!!

@hibs.net private member
    Thought our new boss came over really well in that pre-match interview...clear strategy and plans, good communication, talks well on developing players and working to understand our league. You Can see why he would have stood out in an interview process.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Thought our new boss came over really well in that pre-match interview...clear strategy and plans, good communication, talks well on developing players and working to understand our league. You Can see why he would have stood out in an interview process.
    My thoughts too. Seems a far more natural fit the way he talks about structure and if he can get the team playing the style he is trying to achieve, high pressing fast attacking football, then he will be a success. The game against Celtic this year where we played that style was a one off but we were brilliant. The current squad appears capable of doing it and hopefully the new boss can get them doing it every week rather than once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Says all the right things and I like the cut of his jib. Fingers crossed he can walk the walk.
    Saying all the right things at the start will give him some leeway before results and performances are held against him.

But ultimately he'll be judged on those results and performances so fingers crossed here as well.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    My thoughts too. Seems a far more natural fit the way he talks about structure and if he can get the team playing the style he is trying to achieve, high pressing fast attacking football, then he will be a success. The game against Celtic this year where we played that style was a one off but we were brilliant. The current squad appears capable of doing it and hopefully the new boss can get them doing it every week rather than once in a while.
    I just don’t know if he has the players to play that kind of game

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    And given how it's went this season it looks like those people were right eh?
    Perhaps . He was also rite when he said we have second rate players that others don't want. The reality is that is the situation we are in, we will always assemble a sqaud of players that aren't equipped for the next level apart from a few, that's why they are playing the in spfl. This season always proves that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    I just don’t know if he has the players to play that kind of game
    We just about have enough to scrape a team together to play that way, but it will have other deficiencies elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Perhaps . He was also rite when he said we have second rate players that others don't want. The reality is that is the situation we are in, we will always assemble a sqaud of players that aren't equipped for the next level apart from a few, that's why they are playing the in spfl. This season always proves that point.
    What do we mean by next level? Regular top 4 finishes and cup and Europe runs ?

In our league Teams like St Johnstone, ICT, Hearts (in recent times) , Aberdeen. Have all had consistent years in the top 6 and most have had regular European qualification..most have a similar wage scale to us (some less, some a little more) ...it’s about recruitment being done well, avoiding key injuries and getting consistency and performance from your squad.

Issues with those latter elements have been the main cause of this seasons performance. Second rate perhaps compared with top quality , but we only need good players , rather than great players, to compete well in this league .

We’ve got enough about us to compete well - as we showed in recent seasons (and at times this season too) - if we get back on our game, no reason why we can’t be competing towards the top end of the league and Hampden appearances