hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where were yous

Where were yous

I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
    It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
    We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
    The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
    You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.
    There I’ve said it. GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
    It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
    We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
    The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
    You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.
    Was always going to be a relatively small crowd however as you say missed a decent performance and a good win. People dont have to justify their choices.

We always get shan crowds in the cup unless we're playing hertz or the uglies

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    And I don’t think there were 9k there

Is it not the start of the school break this week ? there will be quite a few on holiday.

Not even close to 9000 there. East and FF were almost empty. But people can do what they want. Some fans rather go to rugby, some not able to afford it, and some can’t be arsed.

Stated on Sportscene, with the turmoil at the club, team not playing well, 9000 is an excellent crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Stated on Sportscene, with the turmoil at the club, team not playing well, 9000 is an excellent crowd!
    No turmoil at Club according to CEO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Great post. Let's get behind the team. Things will turn.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Is it not the start of the school break this week ? there will be quite a few on holiday.
    Yep.
    Im in the alps.

Was at the elgin game though so still picked up some uber fan points for that one !

First Team Breakthrough
    I was there but miles over priced and the football on show after the third goal was murder and as you say all of the other excuses... might also be because we are playing terrible at the moment as poor performace obrings poor crowd

Testimonial Due
    Having had knee surgery I must confess that our three seats in the FF have been unoccupied for both the Aberdeen and yesterday’s game. I feel the reason of having had knee replacement surgery is sufficient but happy to provide a doctors line if needed 🤣.

Crowds are always rubbish for cup games against lower league clubs but I do wonder what effect the availability of live streams is having on crowds? Virtually every game available through some sort of dodgy feed.

I wasn't there as I am bidding for a house on Monday and saving as much as I can to put towards it. I've missed the same amount of games in the last month as I had missed in the 3 years previous.

I'm not enjoying missing games but sometimes needs must.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I wasn't there as I am bidding for a house on Monday and saving as much as I can to put towards it. I've missed the same amount of games in the last month as I had missed in the 3 years previous.

I'm not enjoying missing games but sometimes needs must.
    Yep I’d have loved to have been there yesterday and I’m climbing the walls in the house thru boredom but I can’t drive at present, can’t sit with bent knee (and the leg room in the FF is horrific) for more than 20min or walk any real distance at present so I’m stuck.

Hoping to make the Hamilton game but 50/50 at best.

Good luck on Monday btw, hope you get it 👍

There was only 9800 for the quarter final against ICT in 2016.See how that ended.

I wasn't there and I chose to watch Liverpool on the TV instead of us.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    No excuses from me, I simply couldn't be arsed going

Worked all day yesterday due to rugby, got to earn a living 1st and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    Not sure why their fans deserved to win?? We were comfortable throughout....

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Exactly. Apart from the wee group of 12 year olds in the lower tier, you didn't hear a peep from them.

Has it ever been any different at home at this stage of the cup if we don't have a 'glamour' tie? 14/15K for a game like yesterday is fantasy stuff.

Agree there is only so many times they can sing "what a poor home support", thought their support was average in the main as no doubt was ours but as you say job done onto the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Exactly. Apart from the wee group of 12 year olds in the lower tier, you didn't hear a peep from them.
    My neighbour is a Raith fan and was there yesterday. He hasn't been to Starks Park all season. They had their day trippers out for a big cup tie.

For us it was a game to get through against League 1 opposition. I was there, I understand why others weren't.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    They seemed to enjoy their visit to a big ground. Probably as many yesterday as they get a home games.....

GIRUY McGlynn

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post
    And I don’t think there were 9k there
    Assuming you think the crowd size was exaggerated? Why would we do that? We would have to give money away to Raith as we split the gate.

They seemed to enjoy their visit to a big ground. Probably as many yesterday as they get a home games.....

GIRUY McGlynn
    Is that not Super John McGlynn

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My neighbour is a Raith fan and was there yesterday. He hasn't been to Starks Park all season. They had their day trippers out for a big cup tie.

For us it was a game to get through against League 1 opposition. I was there, I understand why others weren't.
    I know a similar guy, who did same. Edinburgh guy, but RR fan

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I had a wee chuckle at that when they came out with that.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Assuming you think the crowd size was exaggerated? Why would we do that? We would have to give money away to Raith as we split the gate.
    Personally thought 9 was about right most of the main stand was busy and they had a decent support through.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Definitely not