hibs.net Messageboard

Appleton Coaches Voice article

www.coachesvoice.com/cut-short-leicester-city-oxford-united-portsmouth-fc-blackpool-blakburn-rovers-west-brom

Decent read this which tells a lot more a out him as a person. Impressive and gives me more confidence.

Also makes me far more impressed at Roy Hodgson for going toe to toe with him!

NB - Copy and paste the link if it's decked, struggle on phone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Interesting site that , there is a video of Allan Stubbs about how his tactics beat Rangers in the 2016 cup final. Not watched it yet but will do .

Love Alan Stubbs referring to "the" rangers

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stubbs and McLeish have interesting ones below too. Hibs are all over that site!

Appleton’s story was fantastic. If there’s any ill-feeling within the dressing room he seems like the type to fix it. Going to be disappointed if it ends up not being him now!

@hibs.net private member
    Good piece that. Think I'm going to feel disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good piece that. Think I'm going to feel disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be him now.
    Me too, got a good feeling about him for some reason.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    The problem with that site is that most of the managers featured come across as knowing what they’re talking about but most of them are managers you wouldn’t want anywhere near Hibs.

I want Heckingbottom because he has a more absurd name.

bump

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Superb read that. Can't imagine anyone reading that and not being excited at his imminent appointment. The range of experiences that he's had in football for his age - and at a variety of levels - is amazing.

@hibs.net private member
    Great read.

Ive known of Appleton for a while, not followed him closely but being a United fan i was always aware of him as a player and knew of his career after that from time to time.. mostly his Blackburn time and then Leicester.... I hope the rumours are true, simply because i think after Lennon he seems like a good choice to evolve the club and in the right way.

I loved Lennon's tenure and was sorely disappointed with how it ended, and have criticised the board publicly about my theories on the matter.... but one thing can be said about Lennon, he brought a winning mentality to Hibs and instilled a fighting instinct second to none... but I am pretty sure there was less discipline from an organisational sense with Lennon as we would have loved... he wore his heart on his sleeve and i guess thats how he managed.... Parker probably was the Yin to his Yang.

Having spent some time this past week looking further into Appleton's managerial approach i think he could bring some great qualities to the club and build on what Lennon has left behind.

Looking forward to finding out if he has the job.