hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where were yous

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a wee chuckle at that when they came out with that.
    You just dont understand

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was there - I felt £18 is still over priced for the product on show.

But I think £7 /£10 to watch Lowland football is all’s a joke.

Women’s football charge £4 / £5 to watch also.

It feels like every time Scotland play rugby Hibs are at home also and always seems to clash. We would have lost some fans to pubs watching or being at 6 nations - not loads but some.

Winning games and players / leadership from a manager that give everything will bring the fans back.

Plus like others have stated cup crowds usually aren’t great unless against top 5 opposition.

It will be Hearts away in the next round.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post
    And I don’t think there were 9k there
    If there wasn’t 9k there then it will cost us money as Raith get half the gate that was announced after costs are deducted

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I know a few folk who just couldnt be bothered going yesterday, no excuses needed as they just didn't want to go, I went yesterday as I cant go the next couple of weeks but I probably wouldn't have went yesterday if this wasn't the case, years ago I would be desperate to go to every game but now I would sometimes rather spend time with the family

@hibs.net private member
    Kids didn't fancy it, rugby on....and in all honesty I just couldn't be bothered.

I wasn’t there yesterday.

At my Ma’s 70th birthday dinner.

I’d recommend the Alabama fudge cake.

It’ll be Hibs v Partick. Cant remember playing them in a cup tie. Long overdue.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    It’ll be Hibs v Partick. Cant remember playing them in a cup tie. Long overdue.
    Was at Firhill for thrills 1972 Partick Thistle 0 v 2 Hibernian

Schaedler and Gordon

Halcyon days.

Tenerife if you must know

Another uber fan thread...I was there yesterday but can completely understand why folk chose to.give it a miss.

As an aside don't understand why Hibs open the famous 5 stand for these games...total waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was on a course with my work otherwise I'd have probably been there.

I'm quite interested to see how our current group of players and especially the new signings develop into a team unit.

The price wasn't all that unreasonable for a game of that size but it wouldn't be Hibs if the price wasn't right at the top end of what is acceptable? When has anyone ever had a bargain from Hibs on anything?

This season as a whole is falling dismally low on expectations and I can understand why many folk just couldn't be arsed.

And for all I thought the actual crowd at the Aberdeen game was very poor as well. I was more concerned about the number of people who had paid but didn't bother going than getting what we got for the Raith game.

I know there's a thread elsewhere but if the new manager wants any sort of budget for next season then he's going to need to inspire us in some way over the rest of this season.

It would be shame if Lennon's legacy ended up being the squandering of the record season ticket sales and feel good factor following the cup final rather than his good first 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Another uber fan thread...I was there yesterday but can completely understand why folk chose to.give it a miss.

As an aside don't understand why Hibs open the famous 5 stand for these games...total waste of time.

Its not an uber-fan thread.

We had 7kc season ticket holders missing. If they don't fancy it, does this mean ST sales will drop next season?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Poor attendance is more common than the OP would have you believe. This isn’t just a Hibs phenomenon. This happens at most clubs in the cup. Even Celtic & Rangers suffer the same poor attendances.
    I was at the game yesterday and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Some decent performances from players I’d almost written off. It’ll be interesting to see if those same players can put in similar performances against better opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

We had 7kc season ticket holders missing. If they don't fancy it, does this mean ST sales will drop next season?
    A lot will.depend on how we fair from.now to.the end of season...Hibs have been brutal to watch of late and people.have lost the desire...not myself personally as I always go regardless but I can understand why people gave yesterday a miss...absolutely

I don't think anyone can deny that the home attendance was crap yesterday but I fear that it's an indication of what's to come with next season's season ticket numbers.

If the attendance was accurate then there was around 7,000 Hibs fans at the game yesterday. You have to assume that the majority of them were season ticket holders which means around 6,000 season ticket holders weren't there.

I just hope that they do not get into a habit of not turning up and decide to stay away next season but with the way things are going it is possible unless we see a massive lift over the last few months of the season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    I was there but miles over priced and the football on show after the third goal was murder and as you say all of the other excuses... might also be because we are playing terrible at the moment as poor performace obrings poor crowd
    I know this is completely down to individual opinion but there's no way the game was overpriced yesterday, and definitely not miles over priced.

Considering it was the Scottish Cup, with a Saturday 3pm kick off and (imho) priced about right, then it's fair to say the crowd was disappointing.

People don't have to justify why they didn't go, I have no problems at all with anyone who didn't go whatever the reason, but even with that in mind it's still ok to think we should/could have had much more inside Easter Road.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with the main point about those staying away but I’m a bit confused as to why Raith deserved to win because they brought 1500 or so to the game

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
    It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
    We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
    The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
    You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.
    There I’ve said it. GGTTH
    Where on earth did raith deserve a win?? Just cos 1500 turned up lol

I was at home, snotting into my hankies and bemoaning my lost voice and sair heid.

well done to those who went along.

best thing hibs can do is, if we get hearts away in next round, or a tasty semifinal tie and for the final itself, take previous cup run attandance into account.

if you couldnt be a×sed going along yesterday then i dont want to hear if you cant get a ticket for the quarters or the final

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Crowds used to be higher for Scottish Cup games in the not too distant past. I remember games against the lines of Dunfermline, Partick etc with 14-15k when we were lucky to get 10k for a similar league game. TBF those clubs also brought far bigger supports back then. The biggest change since then is the cup no longer being icmuded with your ST.

Oh and the plural of 'you' is still 'you'... not 'yous'.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

Yes. Record season ticket numbers was never going to last forever, parrticularly on the back of an abysmal season.

I had something on yesterday but didn’t fancy the game anyway.

Based on the crazy logic in this thread HIBS should have won the 2004 Scottish League Cup final versus Livvy 6-0 as must have been over 40000 hibbies there

Another final removed from the memory banks.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar

FF upper

I went down an hour before kick off to get a ticket for the Flipper where my season ticket is. I was told there were no more tickets left so asked where could I get a ticket East or West. Ok I'll take a West upper. Sorry only lower available. Ok I'll have a lower. Sat behind the dugout two things I noticed being close to the pitch it didn't look in great shape but best of all I didn't have anyone behind me screaming how s@@@e the players on the park are. So I really enjoyed my change of seat. I also noted most players made a bad pass or a wrong pass or no pass but that does not mean they are bad players. Why judge the team one one game or one incident. I always go back to the Celec game where everything clicked. It will happen again. That's all. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Yes. Record season ticket numbers was never going to last forever, parrticularly on the back of an abysmal season.

I had something on yesterday but didn’t fancy the game anyway.
    So people only buy ST when it's good?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    The club could issue first dibs on future cup semi’s and finals to the fans who turn up to earlier cup games. Just a thought??

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    So people only buy ST when it's good?
    No, it’s just a coincidence that our record season ticket numbers coincided with a Scottish Cup win, promotion and 4th and not under say the Fenlon era.