hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flo and Sparky

Flo and Sparky

Thought today was the best Flo played in a while and during the second half think he and mcnulty seemed to bounce off each other and strike up a good understanding, more than happy with these two leading the line together for the rest of the reason.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Flo is short of confidence, it's blindingly obvious, but still played some nice football. Appleton seems like the sort of character to return him to his best and I can't wait.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    I can’t help feel Flo would be better playing off someone rather than being the focus, there were rumours we were looking at various tall forwards so maybe that was Lennon’s thoughts as well ?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Kamberi looks frustrated, today that was obvious. He's desperate for a goal but today nothing was coming off for him.

Most strikers at some point or another go through a bit of a dry patch but hopefully once he gets a goal it'll lift his confidence.

Coaching Staff
    I thought there were signs of a partnership between the two of them forming.

Flo did ok today I thought,

Probably tried too hard for a goal and just needs a bit more composure, and will be happy to see him get one to help restore his confidence.

flo’s not on his game. Not sure it’s ‘confidence’ as people keep repeating. He never seems lacking of confidence whenever he’s been interviewed. Far from it. He just doesn’t seem to be up for the games. He’s lacking the desire and energy he had last year. That’s got nothing to do with confidence. Hoping he sorts himself out soon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Night and day between the players. Nothing was going for McNulty but he never gave up bullied defenders and had the wariness ronset up Slivka. Flo kept coming short frustrated as hell.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Night and day between the players. Nothing was going for McNulty but he never gave up bullied defenders and had the wariness ronset up Slivka. Flo kept coming short frustrated as hell.
    McNulty's finish was sheer quality.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    McNulty's finish was sheer quality.
    Even before then there was one similar he just failed to get on the right side of the defender. First half nothing went his way, others would have grabbed that ball and tried to turn, perfect lay off boom. Boy has it and you could see how much it meant to him scoring. I really hope there’s a way we can keep him.

Got to admit McNulty is a lot faster and sharper than I was expecting. Looks in good shape

From previous clips/photos I was expecting him to be a bit slower than he is but looks in very good condition and offers is something different.

Took his goal very well.

Kamberi should have scored when Omeonga played him through, a very poor touch (as a result of lack of confidence) lead to it getting stuck under his feet and then had to try beat his man and shoot.

If McNulty he would have drove direct to the goal and got his shot off without the defender getting near him.

Really hoping Flo discovers his goal scoring touch and form we all know he is capable of.

Think they could be a really good partnership

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Got to admit McNulty is a lot faster and sharper than I was expecting. Looks in good shape

From previous clips/photos I was expecting him to be a bit slower than he is but looks in very good condition and offers is something different.

Took his goal very well.

Kamberi should have scored when Omeonga played him through, a very poor touch (as a result of lack of confidence) lead to it getting stuck under his feet and then had to try beat his man and shoot.

If McNulty he would have drove direct to the goal and got his shot off without the defender getting near him.

Really hoping Flo discovers his goal scoring touch and form we all know he is capable of.

Personally think that McNulty and Shaw would be a better partnership. Shaw has a lot of talent and could also learn a lot from McNulty

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwihibby View Post
    Personally think that McNulty and Shaw would be a better partnership. Shaw has a lot of talent and could also learn a lot from McNulty
    Said this at the game, would like to see them get a few games together.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMackenzie View Post
    Thought today was the best Flo played in a while and during the second half think he and mcnulty seemed to bounce off each other and strike up a good understanding, more than happy with these two leading the line together for the rest of the reason.
    Personally, I thought that Kamberi was very poor though he did have some better moments in the second half.

His control of the ball and passing was rubbish in the first 60 minutes. Yes, he improved but he was up against a very poor Raith team.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Took his goal very well.

He shoyuld have drove on and then squared it for McNulty for a tap in cutting back onto his right foot killed the chance. Dont think Mark was too happy he didnt pass and rightly so. Would have been 4 0 and negated any nervous last ten caused by poor goal from a corner.

I'd rather see Shaw and sparky, I'd probably rather see Lewis Allan start before Kamberi the way he is just now

Kamberi was fine yesterday (apart from not scoring).

Get the sense regardless of how he plays the rest of the season people can't wait to jump on his back.

Took his goal very well.

I don’t think he is even close to being fully fit yet. Will score plenty when he is though.

Thought Flo worked hard all game but his confidence shot and he is struggling. McNulty had a great 2nd half and showed he's an intelligent player, laying on 2 good chance for Flo and scoring himself. Agree, we have the makings of a decent partnership in those 2, once the new manager straightens Flo out.

For the Kamberi dislikers on here ...try and watch the whole game and take account of the low confidence he has just now, he has had by his standards of last season not got near that level and I think what we have seen so far, is a player frustrated because he has had very little to work with and has become the victim of massive expectations of fans. He is the only one left from a tremendous group of 5 players who took teams apart last season in the last third of the pitch and has borne the brunt of our unhappiness. Its not his fault that Lennnon, Recruitment and the Board failed to bring in the right quality of players in the summer. Add this to Lennons insistence in playing him as a loan striker with crap service and maybe we can see why he has sunk to where he is.
    Yesterday, I thought the first half initially he was where he has been, but as the half went on he got a few touches to link things up and in the second half this grew and he looked much more like the player we know is in there. McNulty is a bright player and I thought they began to link up well, folk need to remember that this is their first game together and an understanding will develop, the more they play together.
    Some of this might sound patronizing but some of the levels of expectations and understanding on it all just falling into place with them immediately, are a bit naive, but as is said its peoples opinions.
    I thought the second half looked promising and agree totally Flo' is a confidence player and thrives on goals. Onward and upward.

Anyone questioning Kamberis desire is just buying into a poisonous narrative. He started really poorly yesterday, bit played a big part in leas up to the 1st goal, then came into the game but there was no lack of effort or desire. A lack of quality and/or confidence maybe. He should have sqaured it for McNulty when he was played in but he looks desperate for a goal so I can see why he went alone; I may have been less forgiving if it was 0-0 at the time.

McNulty looks lively. He looks a real penalty box type and I wonder if we'll see the best of him with how we currently play. The twice we really got him into dangerous positions he scored and set up Slivka, he also created another couple of half chances in and around the box. He looked a bit frustrated at times and in the 1st half started to drop deep looking for the ball, on at least 3 occasions he ended up in possession on the half way line. Cummings used to do similar when we couldn't get the ball to him. His energy and movement is good and if it's accurate Appleton likes to play an energetic pressing game he'll be a huge asset for that style.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Kamberi needs a goal, any type of goal would be a blessing just now, he is a shadow of last season's player, that all cant be down to getting grief from Lennon surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    flo’s not on his game. Not sure it’s ‘confidence’ as people keep repeating. He never seems lacking of confidence whenever he’s been interviewed. Far from it. He just doesn’t seem to be up for the games. He’s lacking the desire and energy he had last year. That’s got nothing to do with confidence. Hoping he sorts himself out soon.
    We're u at the match today?? Coz he showed application and desire in abundance especially in 2nd half...he was coming deep to.get involved and really unlucky not to score

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    I'd rather see Shaw and sparky, I'd probably rather see Lewis Allan start before Kamberi the way he is just now
    Utter nonsense but bash on

The abuse that Kamberi takes is unreal, not everything he tried came off but he didn’t stop trying to make things happen. He constantly showed for the ball which is a lot more than Mcnulty did, in fact apart from one week shot mcnulty didn’t touch the ball till 30 mins.

The guy is a quality player but has been asked to be a target man which he’s not, he’s only 22 as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kamberi was hot and cold yesterday for me. He’s most definitely lacking in confidence but that didn’t stop him being brave and putting himself about. One thing I would say, he would possibly have better outcomes if he were to learn to play the easy ball whenever the opportunity arises. He tends to do well initially winning balls but then holds onto the ball when it should be layed off. Just my opinion:

@hibs.net private member
    Opinions eh, I thought Flo was much better than McNulty yesterday. He was constantly involved, always looking for the ball and giving an option and was back to a player who was trying things. One example was a nice first touch and then an over hit ball to David Grey which went out of play. The end result was poor but the fact was he tracked back 50 yards and then tried the difficult option. That wasn't happening under Lennon this year.

McNulty for me is quite like McLaren. He is a sniper and looking to run in behind. I'd love to see how many touched the two strikers had because I thought McNulty was hardly involved in the game barring the goal, the lay off and a couple of one twos. Flo was the focus of most of our attacks. Flo needs a wee bit luck or a couple of things coming off.

I think Flo is a good game and a goal away from showing us he can get back to last year's heights. McNulty looks different enough to be a partner, like Jamie was, and hopefully it will gel like it did last year. For anyone saying Flo isn't working look how many times he ends up in our half helping the midfield and compare that with McNulty. I'd rather he worked less and stayed up the park but he is clearly working on instruction or trying to make the effort to help the team. I'm confident Flo will make us a large wad further down the line and he needs our support to get through a tough spell. The signs are good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Utter nonsense but bash on

Not total nonsense. The Lewis Allan part is, but for me Shaw is a better all round player than Flo. That's just my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree.

Kamberi had a better game than McNulty who hardly touched the ball first half. Took his goal well of course but Flo was doing the dirty work

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Not total nonsense. The Lewis Allan part is, but for me Shaw is a better all round player than Flo. That's just my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree.
    Sorry but kamberi is a much better footballer than shaw, he is just going through a rut at the moment

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I thought flo was atrocious for most of the game

He did however, work his bollocks off so I can accept a poor game

Keeps working and the rewards will come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk