hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Flo and Sparky

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is all just subject to opinion. Let's look at the fact.

    Oli Shaw
    1008 Minutes played 168 minutes per goal
    Shots on target 62%
    Goals 6
    Assists 3

    Flo Kamberi
    1715 Minutes played 343 minutes per goal
    Shots on target 41%
    Goals 5
    Assists 3

    So I'm curious. What is it that Flo does better than Oli? I'm not bashing either, I just think Oli gives us more.
    Great post.

    My opinion of why people say Kamberi is better is simply down to a pre conceived idea. Obviously he did have a great spell last season in a very good team but Im not sure how anyone can argue with the raw stats this season. It may be that Kamberis form of last season is not the norm judging by his stats for Grasshoppers.

    Id say apart from goals and assists Olis general play is much tidier.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is all just subject to opinion. Let's look at the fact.

    Oli Shaw
    1008 Minutes played 168 minutes per goal
    Shots on target 62%
    Goals 6
    Assists 3

    Flo Kamberi
    1715 Minutes played 343 minutes per goal
    Shots on target 41%
    Goals 5
    Assists 3

    So I'm curious. What is it that Flo does better than Oli? I'm not bashing either, I just think Oli gives us more.
    I personally think flo is a better footballer currently, his turn and run yesterday for example is something you wouldn't see shaw do, but they are different players I suppose.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, he only played 45 times under Lennon, definitely not in his plans.
    So why was he potentially going out on loan then?

  5. #64
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    7,834
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why was he potentially going out on loan then?
    Because Lennon lost the plot a bit?

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because Lennon lost the plot a bit?
    Well that's another debate altogether!!

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    57
    Posts
    28,966
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally think flo is a better footballer currently, his turn and run yesterday for example is something you wouldn't see shaw do, but they are different players I suppose.
    Oli is the more technical player, Flo much stronger at this stage, as hes older
    Oli always seems to get compared to Flo, nothing like each other in style. Maybe fans should compare McNulty to Flo instead of OS

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why was he potentially going out on loan then?
    When was this actually confirmed?

    Id be stunned if Hibs let a striker leave in this window.

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't look like he needed that when he changed the game against St Mirren.
    He is too easily out muscled in the SPFL upper reaches.

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When was this actually confirmed?

    Id be stunned if Hibs let a striker leave in this window.
    Yeah cause maclaren is still here right enough

  11. #70
    First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're u at the match today?? Coz he showed application and desire in abundance especially in 2nd half...he was coming deep to.get involved and really unlucky not to score

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yes I made it up for the game. Thanks for asking mate .Glad I did too as it was a decent game.

    Crikey , theres a lot of sensitive souls on here getting all upset when supporters comment that Kamberi is nowhere near the player he was last season. I actually think hes a confident, talented young man and hed probably be a bit embarrassed by all these posts speculating that his confidence is blown. Hes confident enough to come forward and take penalties after all so I dont think hes wilting. Hes off form though. Clearly. Hes gone through a long spell of poor performances compared to the standards we all know hes capable of. Kamberi isnt arrogant - he realises hes not playing well and he puts that down to an injury. When has he ever said hes lacking confidence?

    Anyway, really hope he manages to find the form hes lost.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long do we go with the 'lost confidence' excuse, no matter who the player is?

    Its turned into as big a .net myth as being 'injury prone'.
    Sorry but I disagree, I worked in sales environments for a good while and you used to see it all the time. Sales people who previously had no problem hit a wee barren patch and they get frustrated and try too hard, doesn't work and confidence takes a nose dive, they keep plugging away but the additional efforts gets to an increasingly frustrated, almost desperate, stage as they can't find the answer to what's different now compared to the months before.

    How you fix it differs from person to person, sometimes it just takes a wee rub of the green and a couple of sales to relax them and settle them down, others it was just convince them to put it behind them at the end of the month and come back and have a better month when the next one starts.

    I'd say all Flo's hard work yesterday has all the hallmarks of a similar scenario, I don't think his form is for lack of trying, he's just struggling to understand whst he needs to do to regain last season's form.

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,162
    Noticed that in the paper McNulty was talking about spending the day after the 2016 cup final drinking with his Hibs-supporting pals, but makes it pretty clear that despite being from Edinburgh he isn't a boyhood Hibs fan himself. Is he one of them?

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed that in the paper McNulty was talking about spending the day after the 2016 cup final drinking with his Hibs-supporting pals, but makes it pretty clear that despite being from Edinburgh he isn't a boyhood Hibs fan himself. Is he one of them?
    Celtic

  15. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah cause maclaren is still here right enough
    I think we both know what I meant. McLaren was let go because a replacement was coming.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved