hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Raith

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offence but you're not going to get an objective view on Slivka from MWHIBBIES

I agree with Ozy, the midfield are too passive, lack aggression and aren't anywhere near compact enough. Often 30 yards between Milligan and Horgan, just makes us disjointed.

Lots of work to do for the new boss.
    Goal and an assist for Slivka, I'll stick with my opinion 👍

Proving me right every week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Goal and an assist for Slivka, I'll stick with my opinion 👍

Proving me right every week.
    He’s ok. We lose most weeks these days so wouldn't say he’s proving you right as such. One of the better ones in a bad bunch perhaps.

Good today. But I’d expect that against a league one side.

Slivka and Horgan were the standouts for me, which was odd because as a unit the midfield were ineffectiveA wins a win however.

Slivka was best player on the pitch by a country mile. Milligan is lost when we lose the ball and was at fault for the Raith goal. Defence in general very composed today.

Good win against poor opposition. RR tried to frustrate from the off but that plan failed as soon as we scored.

Thought Miilligan, Horgan, Stevenson and Slivka were decent but my MOTM was McNulty for his goal and 2nd half performance overall.

We'll need to improve a lot if we want to go further in this competition, but at least something for the new manager to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He’s ok. We lose most weeks these days so wouldn't say he’s proving you right as such. One of the better ones in a bad bunch perhaps.

Good today. But I’d expect that against a league one side.
    Hibs losing doesn't make everyone hopeless. Slivka has been good since coming into the side in November.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hibs losing doesn't make everyone hopeless. Slivka has been good since coming into the side in November.
    The problem is people seem to make up their minds too early and generally people don't like admitting they are wrong

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Well in control until we lost that cheap goal. Thought Mallan and Horgan were both good today and Slivka in the first half although you have to say Raith were dreadful.

Flo is a big worry as far as I'm concerned, miles off it again today and should have squared it for an open goal for McNulty.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Good win against poor opposition. RR tried to frustrate from the off but that plan failed as soon as we scored.

Thought Miilligan, Horgan, Stevenson and Slivka were decent but my MOTM was McNulty for his goal and 2nd half performance overall.

We'll need to improve a lot if we want to go further in this competition, but at least something for the new manager to work on.
    I agree with the others but I thought McNulty was fairly anonymous for the whole time he was on the pitch, his goal apart. Flo worked much harder and was far more involved albeit it didn't come of for him on quite a few occasions. I had Slivka for MOTM with Milligan losing out because of the Raith goal.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    The problem is people seem to make up their minds too early and generally people don't like admitting they are wrong
    Too early? He’s been here a year and a half and is only a regular because of the players we lost. I don’t think he’s a terrible player. But I don’t think he’s brilliant either.

And I think he was good today. Just dispute the point that his performances prove people wrong etc.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 09-02-2019 at 05:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I agree with the others but I thought McNulty was fairly anonymous for the whole time he was on the pitch, his goal apart. Flo worked much harder and was far more involved albeit it didn't come of for him on quite a few occasions. I had Slivka for MOTM with Milligan losing out because of the Raith goal.
    McNulty got an assist, a goal and a booking.

He had a better second half but anonymous he wasn't.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I though Slivka, Milligan and Horgan were our best players. Kamberi’s ball control is awful, everything bounces a yard off him or a yard in the air and as for not passing to McNulty when he had a tap in was beyond me. I really like Kamberi and was desperate for him to do well today. We faded badly towards the end and seemed to pick up even more injuries but we won.

It’s something to build on and hopefully the new manager can get it gelling a bit better. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Slivka isn’t great but he’s not that bad either. He rarely makes an impact on a game, whether it’s positive or negative. I’m fairly confident that his next contract won’t be with Hibs and when he does go won’t wont be any better or worse off without him.

Passive is a good way to describe him.
    Last edited by My_Wife_Camille; 09-02-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Although some couldn't see it against the sheepies, Vicky man of the match 2 wkends on the bounce for me.
    He's playing well at the moment long may it continue. :)

Dire, into the last 8, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Slivka isn’t great but he’s not that bad either. He rarely makes an impact on a game, whether it’s positive or negative. I’m fairly confident that his next contract won’t be with Hibs and when he does go won’t wont be any better or worse off without him.

Passive is a good way to describe him.
    Thats fair comment for his performance against Aberdeen, not so much today. He was very good.

Well biggest game of the season won..

It wasn’t great - Raith were awful apart from after they scored they picked up the tempo.

Hopefully a new manager brings a freshness to the club as feels stale and I feel we still aren’t match sharp.

Top 6 still possible but we will need to perform better as we will drop points if don’t raise performances.

I can’t actually think the last 90+ minute good performance from full team. Celtic home ?

Someone needs to work with Flo on 1st touch and how to jump and head the ball - his timing and technique rarely sees him win a header.

Lack of wide players means pass pass pass pass and can be very slow at times - needs some speed and width next transfer window.

Slivka best in 1st half and in and out of 2nd but doing his best. Horgan is well before injury.

2 more possible injuries today..Horgan and Milligan..

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Thats fair comment for his performance against Aberdeen, not so much today. He was very good.
    I'm patiently waiting for him to fulfil his potential, there's a player in there, what did he do that was very good against a third tier team today?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    You can get away with being passive off the ball against Raith. Against Aberdeen and the likes though, you have to be able to scrap to win the ball. Not enough of our midfield have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm patiently waiting for him to fulfil his potential, there's a player in there, what did he do that was very good against a third tier team today?
    You can only play who is in front of you and he got a goal and an assist today whilst being neat and tidy in possession. What more do you want from him?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It's ****ing bizarre how quiet the board is after a win. There's almost a sense of deflation.

It's really, really ****ing weird.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It's ****ing bizarre how quiet the board is after a win. There's almost a sense of deflation.

Yip, it's like some folk on here enjoy us not winning more than us winning so they can come have a moan

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

It’s not weird at all IMO. People generally vocalise negativity more than positivity. We were expected to win, and there’s much less to debate when we have a comfortable game like today’s.

Blog Entries

........ or some might say ‘really ****ing refreshing’.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    It’s not weird at all IMO. People generally vocalise negativity more than positivity. We were expected to win, and there’s much less to debate when we have a comfortable game like today’s.
    Scrabbling about looking for minor gripes rather than thinking "That's a good confidence booster ahead of the new manager coming in". Slivka was good but he was playing third tier opposition for example.

People were more than vocal enough to describe how this was a potential banana skin of a tie in advance, should be pleased we've navigated it with some comfort.

Oh, and GIRFUY John "trackies and button up shirt" McGlynn at the same time too.

You can only play who is in front of you and he got a goal and an assist today whilst being neat and tidy in possession. What more do you want from him?
    I want him to aggressively try and win the ball when we don’t have it. Teams are just breezing through our midfield just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ........ or some might say ‘really ****ing refreshing’.
    That Rod Petrie is absolutely the right person to have in charge of our club, don't you think?

Scrabbling about looking for minor gripes rather than thinking "That's a good confidence booster ahead of the new manager coming in". Slivka was good but he was playing third tier opposition for example.

People were more than vocal enough to describe how this was a potential banana skin of a tie in advance, should be pleased we've navigated it with some comfort.

Oh, and GIRFUY John "trackies and button up shirt" McGlynn at the same time too.
    I don’t see it as a huge confidence booster. We did what we should. Getting a point at Celtic or beating the sheep could have boosted confidence.

Good to win today but nothing major to get excited about. And yet again, two players go off injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I want him to aggressively try and win the ball when we don’t have it. Teams are just breezing through our midfield just now.

For ****s sakes, we won today. Comfortably.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    For ****s sakes, we won today. Comfortably.
    He has a moan about our midfield every single game, and hates it when Milligan plays well, he will be crying into a pint right now!