hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Appleton

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    90+2 will need to spill the beans as to who else he’s got money on.
    Strachan 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    No and i dint say that either. I said he failed there , which he did because he was sacked...
    Ok so back to my original pont, just because he was sacked doesnt mean be failed!

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Ok so back to my original pont, just because he was sacked doesnt mean be failed!

Go back and read my original post again. I said he was a success to some degree at blackpool and that he failed at blackburn. He was sacked ffs , sacked because of his results , of course he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder who his assistant will be, someone with knowledge of Scottish football?
    Did he have a regular assistant when he moved clubs in England
    Grant Murray?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Go back and read my original post again. I said he was a success to some degree at blackpool and that he failed at blackburn. He was sacked ffs , sacked because of his results , of course he failed.
    He spent less than THREE months at Blackburn! He was sacked there because the owners are LUNATICS!.

To say he failed is disingenuous.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    He spent less than THREE months at Blackburn! He was sacked there because the owners are LUNATICS!.

He failed at Blackburn .. Pretty straightforward fact 🤭

Was that the chicken tycoons?

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    So if we have a spotter at the game we will determine who the final candidates are?
    If we had a spotter at the game, he/She would be playing 'spot the crowd'

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder who his assistant will be, someone with knowledge of Scottish football?
    Did he have a regular assistant when he moved clubs in England
    This was his assistant at Oxford & he is still there.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/teams/first-team/coaching-staff/derek-fazackerley/

A mate’s an Oxford season booker & rates Appleton highly after he done well there.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    This was his assistant at Oxford & he is still there.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/teams/first-t...k-fazackerley/

A mate’s an Oxford season booker & rates Appleton highly after he done well there.
    I'm sure he played against us for Blackburn in the Anglo-Scottish Cup back in 78 or whenever.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I'm sure he played against us for Blackburn in the Anglo-Scottish Cup back in 78 or whenever.
    That’s incredible knowledge.

I’m struggling to remember the hibs team for the game that finished a few hours ago and you can remember players from a team that played against us about 40 years ago?!

Fair play to you 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So our new guy doesn’t gain respect and backing from our support?

Lennon has chucked it and this season was brutal yet he was still to be backed yet our new guy is to take another persons side that couldn’t get the best out of them otherwise he will be hounded out?

No, he should be given time until that window shuts in August to put his stamp on the team then questions can be asked.
    I’m stating facts buddy. Under Neil Lennon’s management we got promoted, finished 4th, got through 2 or 3 stages of Europe and lost 3 of our best players. Appleton deserves time and I’m sure all fans will give him that. But when he turns out to be a failure it will be the board who get the s*** not him. I’m happy to bet £100 that under Appleton’s management we will not finish in the top 4.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 09-02-2019 at 08:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That’s incredible knowledge.

I’m struggling to remember the hibs team for the game that finished a few hours ago and you can remember players from a team that played against us about 40 years ago?!

Fair play to you 😂
    Hahahaha....we were standing with the Blackburn fans and I'm sure they were raving about him. The name just stood out!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I'm already chuckling away at the prospect.
    It's Colin Calderwood again, apparently

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I’m stating facts buddy. Under Neil Lennon’s management we got promoted, finished 4th, got through 2 or 3 stages of Europe and lost 3 of our best players. Appleton deserves time and I’m sure all fans will give him that. But when he turns out to be a failure it will be the board who get the s*** not him. I’m happy to bet £100 that under Appleton’s management we will not finish in the top 4.
    We might not, we haven’t got the three best midfielders in Scotland that Lennon inherited any longer.

I know what you’re saying too and if he fails or the next guy does the board will have serious questions to answer.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    “Appleton deserves time and I’m sure all fans will give him that. But when he turns out to be a failure....”

Sounds like he’s already had his time with you? Some folk are going to be right on him from the start. Difficult situation for any new manager to come in to.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    “Appleton deserves time and I’m sure all fans will give him that. But when he turns out to be a failure....”

Sounds like he’s already had his time with you? Some folk are going to be right on him from the start. Difficult situation for any new manager to come in to.
    I will back him 100%, I want Hibs to win every game that’s why I invest so much money and time into them. I just don’t think he is the right appointment unfortunately mate.

I would have preferred Stubbs.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I’d take that bet on but I don’t want to credit such rank pessimism within our ranks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I’d take that bet on but I don’t want to credit such rank pessimism within our ranks.
    If we finished in the top 4 and got another shot at Europe under Appleton it would be worth every penny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

It’s because there’s a Neil Lennon supporters club on here. Same folk who would never want Stubbs back (weirdly). Stubbs left, I backed Lennon, Lennon leaves I back the next guy. Why would anyone gleefully supporting Hibernian want our next guy to fail just to go “told you we shouldn’t have parted with Lennon” it’s bamboozling.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we finished in the top 4 and got another shot at Europe under Appleton it would be worth every penny.
    If we finish top six and not play footballing bingo it will be worth the admission to where our last guy left us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    If we finish top six and not play footballing bingo it will be worth the admission to where our last guy left us.
    Better than spending 3 seasons in the championship.

I will back him 100%, I want Hibs to win every game that’s why I invest so much money and time into them. I just don’t think he is the right appointment unfortunately mate.

Me too. I thought Stubbs to the end of the season was a no-brainer to be honest.

We'd have had a manager in straight away, might not have meekly coughed up 6 points in the league which might make the difference in making the top 6, knows the club and a lot of the players, and would have bought the Board a bit of time.

I've long since stopped trying to work out how our Board's mind works though, and I suspect they'll not be telling us any time soon, either.

Testimonial Due

You’re not the sharpest tool so how did you come to try conclusion how well Appleton will do at Hibs? Probably very easily influenced like other hard of thinking sheep types no doubt so went with the pro Lennon brigade.

Does nobody think Lennon has been hopeless this season, the board are overrated and let’s back the new boy regardless and hope he does the business!!

And another thing, have you not got a kiddy on website to be running?
    Mad by name.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Me too. I thought Stubbs to the end of the season was a no-brainer to be honest.

We'd have had a manager in straight away, might not have meekly coughed up 6 points in the league which might make the difference in making the top 6, knows the club and a lot of the players, and would have bought the Board a bit of time.

I've long since stopped trying to work out how our Board's mind works though, and I suspect they'll not be telling us any time soon, either.
    After Lennon I was expecting a statement of intent from the board. Maybe Strachan who knows the Scottish game, won multiple premierships and managed the national team. Maybe he will come this next next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

So the Board are taking their time to try and ensure they get the right man but you wanted a stop gap because they might have stopped us getting beat in two of the four games since NL left? Doesn’t make sense to me but any excuse for you to have a pop at the Board. Again.

After Lennon I was expecting a statement of intent from the board. Maybe Strachan who knows the Scottish game, won multiple premierships and managed the national team. Maybe he will come this next next year.
    What is this Strachan love-in? Sorry, I just don’t get it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    You’re not the sharpest tool so how did you come to try conclusion how well Appleton will do at Hibs? Probably very easily influenced like other hard of thinking sheep types no doubt so went with the pro Lennon brigade.

Does nobody think Lennon has been hopeless this season, the board are overrated and let’s back the new boy regardless and hope he does the business!!

And another thing, have you not got a kiddy on website to be running?
    Mad by name.....
    I’m just uninspired by the appointment buddy. Aren’t you?

Haven’t made a personal dig at you and don’t intend too. That wouldn’t be a sharp decision.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    What is this Strachan love-in? Sorry, I just don’t get it.
    Everyone is untitled to their own opinions. that’s what I love about forums like this. I’ve just got to the stage that I love winding people up because it seems to annoy them. Maybe that’s immature of me. But please keep biting 😁

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I’m just uninspired by the appointment buddy. Aren’t you?

Haven’t made a personal dig at you and don’t intend too. That wouldn’t be a sharp decision.
    Do you remember how inspired we were about Mowbray’s appointment on here?

Some folk even got him confused with Stuart Ripley 😂