hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Appleton

@hibs.net private member
    No. Really.... lets keep this thread from descending into bickering and lets talk about Michael Appleton...!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please explain how they Neilson-ed it up? While you are there a link to the official suspension of our former HC?
    Please tell me "Neilson-ed" it up isn't a thing on here... We're no that sad are we?

This thread is reeking

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    It's already been explained to you many times the reason the statement is so vague but you're dogmatically holding on to this belief that Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and the board had to pay him off because they suspended him incorrectly, you won't be satisfied until Neil Lennon and Leeann Dempster sit you down and tell you to your face what happened, even then you'd likely just put your fingers in your ears and call them liars (though online, not to their faces).

Or you're just trolling.
    Also the "horror" of a statement was a joint effort agreed between all the parties - Hibs, NL and GP.

So if something was amiss in the way Hibs treated NL and GP, they must be liars and hypocrites to put their names to the statement. Which I am sure they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Also the "horror" of a statement was a joint effort agreed between all the parties - Hibs, NL and GP.

So if something was amiss in the way Hibs treated NL and GP, they must be liars and hypocrites to put their names to the statement. Which I am sure they are not.
    Aye surely not...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSirJMcginn View Post
    Aye surely not...
    So you know better than the folks actually involved? Aye - surely not?

It's already been explained to you many times the reason the statement is so vague but you're dogmatically holding on to this belief that Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and the board had to pay him off because they suspended him incorrectly, you won't be satisfied until Neil Lennon and Leeann Dempster sit you down and tell you to your face what happened, even then you'd likely just put your fingers in your ears and call them liars (though online, not to their faces).

Or you're just trolling.
    Trolling 100%

Turned a perfectly healthy conversation about Appleton into a complete car crash.

This coincidently happened shortly after he managed to get another thread closed.

Quite sad really.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Aye surely not...
    So the club, in particular Leeann Dempster, are liars and Neil Lennon and Gary Parker are liars but the red top papers and you know the truth?

I'd check your tin foil hat is working correctly buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    No. Really.... lets keep this thread from descending into bickering and lets talk about Michael Appleton...!
    As I've said he's highly rated down here - I think he'll be a great appointment.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Please explain how they Neilson-ed it up? While you are there a link to the official suspension of our former HC?
    Hermit Crab's been launched then

Please tell me "Neilson-ed" it up isn't a thing on here... We're no that sad are we?
    Off topic (Like most of this thread)..

How does it make you feel that Chris Dagnall has more winners medals than your pal Craig levein?

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll answer yours when you do mines.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to pretend it's all rosey in the garden when the board and Leanne need called out when they f it.
    Again it's LEEANN!!

Lennon got suspended for making an arse of himself over several weeks culminating in a weird Friday that didn't go well for him. The statement was to save Lennon's face because if all the facts came out he'd struggle to get a job soon. These things happen all the time and Lennon being a volatile character it'll probably happen again.

Lennon was probably the wrong choice to be head coach as he went against the club's new philosophy of a young hungry up and coming coach but when Hibs knew he was interested they couldnt refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    As I've said he's highly rated down here - I think he'll be a great appointment.
    I don't know anything about him but I've faith in our current set up, based on the fact that the last two appointments have brought short term success each time and he still have a squad of players who we've seen perform at a much higher level than they currently are so if the folk involved in his recruitment think he's the man for the job I'm very happy to have him on board. Everything I've read on here over the last couple of days suggests he's a good fit though obviously it's an inexact science anytime you hire someone.

Here's a link proving you correct mate;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35453156

Made the McGinn £ vanish into thin air
    Still haven't replaced McGinn or McGeoch who were the driving force behind our two good seasons
    Didn't back NL
    Botched the suspension/sacking of NL
    Made the McGinn £ vanish into thin air - no, it was invested in the internationals we signed
    Still haven't replaced McGinn or McGeoch who were the driving force behind our two good seasons - we did, wether they are performing well enough is a different question
    Didn't back NL - backed more than any manager since McLeish, NL even states he was happy with the backing
    Botched the suspension/sacking of NL - given the settlement and then statement put in place we will never know

@hibs.net private member
    Bloody hell anyone with eyes can see it was botched without knowing what's happened behind closed doors. The statement was a f'ing joke and played us all for absolute mugs.

I'll not be convinced otherwise that Leanne is out of her depth with a club this size.
    How many user names you going to create? Seems to be a few your under now - well responses written in same tone/grammar!

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Hold on... No one here agrees that publicly suspending our manager and then releasing a statement saying he didn't do anything wrong and everything was fine and we're going our seperate ways was normal?
    Given the legal minds that will have been representing both sides when drafting the statement it is not as absolute as you are presenting, when taken as a whole. My reading is that a deal was done before the disciplinary process started which clearly suited both parties.

“The suspension, put in place to allow an internal review, was lifted by the club as part of this agreement. Despite widespread speculation, the club confirms that neither Neil nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing and no disciplinary process has been commenced.

However, Neil, Garry and the club now consider that it would be in the best interests of all parties to part amicably.”

What would any desciplinary have concluded, we will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    Made the McGinn £ vanish into thin air - no, it was invested in the internationals we signed
    Still haven't replaced McGinn or McGeoch who were the driving force behind our two good seasons - we did, wether they are performing well enough is a different question
    Didn't back NL - backed more than any manager since McLeish, NL even states he was happy with the backing
    Botched the suspension/sacking of NL - given the settlement and then statement put in place we will never know
    Don't waste your time, I've pointed this out on a couple of threads now and any time you provide a counter argument based on fact and evidence it gets ignored.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Let me be the first to say, about time!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

You’re making a right Cathro of yourself here...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by King Efe View Post
    Here's a link proving you correct mate;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35453156
    The foul count in that game is amazing! 😳

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    34 hours to go!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    The foul count in that game is amazing! 😳
    The hand of Potter for sure.

Our subs bench that day was impressively strong.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Let me be the first to say, about time!
    Here Here !

I don't know anything about him but I've faith in our current set up, based on the fact that the last two appointments have brought short term success each time and he still have a squad of players who we've seen perform at a much higher level than they currently are so if the folk involved in his recruitment think he's the man for the job I'm very happy to have him on board. Everything I've read on here over the last couple of days suggests he's a good fit though obviously it's an inexact science anytime you hire someone.
    I'm hoping he (or whoever is appointed) takes a fresh look at the squad and maybe behind the scenes and gives us the impetuous to move forward again.

We've got good players already here, but possibly a few who may be moved on. Similarly we have a good structure but it might need refreshed a little.

I honestly don't think we are in that bad a place as a club. Just a little bit of a re-boot required.

As you say, it's never an exact science but I like what I hear and see about Appleton. Particularly around the importance of creating a culture and style that the fans can buy into.

Testimonial Due
    What's clear from this and other threads is Neil Lennon has played a blinder in shaping the media narrative post him getting launched. Probably helps when all the Weegie football 'journalists' are your golf pals.

Appleton will get my full backing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can I be the first to call him Big Bad Mike.

Didnt know alot about Appleton but from what iv read of him i like what i see . think he could well be a success . I hope everyone gets behind him and gives him a chance to do his thing

Welcome to the Hibees Mike .

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Now the troll is gone. When do we think this announcement will happen? Hoping for tomorrow.

For some reason I've got it in my head that his video reveal will be him doing some preacher curls in the gym...

Sorry to say it but a new manager has possibly come at the right time. I was getting really bored with Hibs. Hopefully new guy will get everyone enthusiastic once more.