hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Appleton

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listening to that podcast, it's interesting that Appleton says that he'd prefer to be a manager than a coach.
    Why is that interesting?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Thanks.

As a total aside, I know Ally's dad is Alec, but I am desperately trying to remember his Edinburgh Councillor uncles name. Anyone know?
    Person I knew was one of the Greenan family.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

So still no decision on the manager's job then.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Michael Appleton

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Anyone spotted Michael about town yet ?
    ......Seen him in the Alhambra,but there again i had a few malts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I’ve a wee hunch the decision’s been made. Probably, LD and RP are waiting to milk the best out of introducing the new appointment. Tomorrow around 2pm would be about right. No ITK knowledge by the way. Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’ve a wee hunch the decision’s been made. Probably, LD and RP are waiting to milk the best out of introducing the new appointment. Tomorrow around 2pm would be about right. No ITK knowledge by the way. Just guessing.
    You may not be far wrong there.

I was thinking because Cup draw is tonight,press conference the morn (if there is one) may be bit spicier if chat includes upcoming cup game against the Hertz !!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Good of you to come on and post such positive info! Thanks!

Out of interest, what is the WBA fans’ take on your rivals situation at Molyneux at the moment. Are they buying their league position?
    It's our turn to take the bumps. Fairplay to them Invested well, Santos is great you can't really buy the position in the prem unless your top 6 and spaff £100m on a player there are doing well but that can change. Clarke took us to 8th our top fiinish in them prem era. But we lost Lukaku and Odemwingie and it nose dived. Pulis came in a destroyed What Peace, Ashworth, Mowbray, Venus, RDM and Newton built. Recruitment was always a 3 man process Ashworth the manager plus his no.2 so Appleton would have been with hodgson for 1 window. We'd try for the manager's first choice if we could afford them. Thren recruitment for the positions needed would be handled by Ashworth and his team of scouts. but only if the manager agreed so he didn't feel like they'd been foisted on them Then Ashworth left and Peace sold Williams and pulis come in and spaffed £75m on players who how can I say this s**te. All while serving up the dour rubbish you ever see on the field. So Puliis protecting the one thing he has in football "I've never been relegated" Jumped like the rat that he is and Williams who was mr "they must be English" hired pardew whose a disgrace of a man. Lai culled the board and management promoted Moore Hired Mark Jenkins as and we are re-building our will come hopefully sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie192 View Post
    It's our turn to take the bumps. Fairplay to them Invested well, Santos is great you can't really buy the position in the prem unless your top 6 and spaff £100m on a player there are doing well but that can change. Clarke took us to 8th our top fiinish in them prem era. But we lost Lukaku and Odemwingie and it nose dived. Pulis came in a destroyed What Peace, Ashworth, Mowbray, Venus, RDM and Newton built. Recruitment was always a 3 man process Ashworth the manager plus his no.2 so Appleton would have been with hodgson for 1 window. We'd try for the manager's first choice if we could afford them. Thren recruitment for the positions needed would be handled by Ashworth and his team of scouts. but only if the manager agreed so he didn't feel like they'd been foisted on them Then Ashworth left and Peace sold Williams and pulis come in and spaffed £75m on players who how can I say this s**te. All while serving up the dour rubbish you ever see on the field. So Puliis protecting the one thing he has in football "I've never been relegated" Jumped like the rat that he is and Williams who was mr "they must be English" hired pardew whose a disgrace of a man. Lai culled the board and management promoted Moore Hired Mark Jenkins as and we are re-building our will come hopefully sooner than later
    Thanks for your info on Appleton,oh to have a kitty of £75m !

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

It would be great if you were able to stick around posting here Baggie, really interesting to get a completely different perspective on things. I'll look for WBA results now!

@hibs.net private member
    There was a cooncillor named David Brown represented Craigmillar ward.
    I knew Davie back in the day.
    He was some guy the bold Davie.
    Him and Paul Nolan !!
    Used to drink in Swannies in the High Street and the Newcraighall Miners
    After awe that, i hope its the same man !
    It is. Thanks for putting me out of my misery. 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    It would be great if you were able to stick around posting here Baggie, really interesting to get a completely different perspective on things. I'll look for WBA results now!
    Going to see WBA on Saturday but will be supporting SJM and Villa.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Everyone will be hoping he gets to work at soonest, so probably given him a few days to sort things out and get himself moved up before making an official announcement, then be ready to go right away with a few days before Saturdays game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Love a good bit of football trivia !!
    Another bit of trivia about Asa Hartford - I thought about him reading a discussion a few days ago about what medicals achieve (that's not the bit of trivia). He was about to get a big transfer to Leeds (IIRC) when they were one of the top English clubs, but the medical found he had a hole in his heart and the transfer fell through. He kept on playing and got a decent number of caps for Scotland and the heart problem didn't seem to bother him much. A fine player.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Why is that interesting?

It's interesting that he said it because Hibs don't have a vacancy for a manager.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    There was a cooncillor named David Brown represented Craigmillar ward.
    I knew Davie back in the day.
    He was some guy the bold Davie.
    Him and Paul Nolan !!
    Used to drink in Swannies in the High Street and the Newcraighall Miners
    After awe that, i hope its the same man !

Davie Brown and Billy Brown are related? FFS, that explains an AWFUL lot....

Coaching Staff
    Great post, I am of an age where I can remember some of the great players of WBA yesteryear, the sight of Cyril Regis running at a defence with the ball at his feet magnificent.
    Been following your team's progress under Moore this season, not someone you would mess with, I would imagine. Fingers crossed for promotion this season.

It's interesting that he said it because Hibs don't have a vacancy for a manager.
    Did he say he'd rather be a manager than a head coach? Or just a coach

Way bigger difference between a manager and a coach than there is between a manager and a head coach

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Head Coach is essentially Manager minus a few of more administrative tasks managers would have performed historically. For the vacancy at Hibs, you would struggle to differentiate between the responsibilities of hiring a Head Coach or Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    I'd love to still have it as I trust jenkins, moore, and Dowlinng more than Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    BOO anyway I'll call it at have fun all

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Way bigger difference between a manager and a coach than there is between a manager and a head coach
    He said he wanted to be a head coach but he’s been involved in a some business dealings outside of football and he enjoyed negotiating up the way as well so liked the idea of being in the board room as a manager as well as being a head coach.

I think there’s some head coach positions that would mean no involvement in player recruitment and negotiations, he was essentially looking for the best of both worlds and I think that’s pretty much exactly what Hibs are after.

That was my take on what he said anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Appleton was 1/20 at lunchtime but is now 1/5. Heckingbottom was 22/1 but is now 3/1, do the bookies know something??

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Appleton was 1/20 at lunchtime but is now 1/5. Heckingbottom was 22/1 but is now 3/1, do the bookies know something??
    If the bookies knew something about Heckingbottom getting the job he’d be a lot shorter price than 3/1.

They’re just trying to get people betting on it again.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Football as ever is subjective. For every Oxford fan or maybe Pompey fan with good words for Appleton you'll find Blackburn and Blackpool fans with quite the opposite viewpoint.

Time will tell (if he is indeed appointed) and I wish him well as i would any Hibs appointment certainly initially.

He does stunt doubles for Skeletor in his spare time you know.

Yes, he said coach. He didn't differentiate between that and Head Coach. I just found it interesting.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If the bookies knew something about Heckingbottom getting the job he’d be a lot shorter price than 3/1.

They’re just trying to get people betting on it again.
    It really means they don't know anything. If they did, betting would be suspended.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 11-02-2019 at 09:25 PM.

It really means they don't know anything. If they did, betting would be suspended.

There's that word suspended again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If that's at the Hawthorns go to the Greggs next door. They have some great photos of Albion players on the walls.

There's that word suspended again.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    We might be able to afford SJM on that basis.