hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

What is the new managers first priority?

There are so many things needing put right- what does the new manager focus on first?

For me they need to get some balance. I have no idea why we have so many attack minded midfielders. As a result we have little dig in midfield to win or retain the ball under pressure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are so many things needing put right- what does the new manager focus on first?

For me they need to get some balance. I have no idea why we have so many attack minded midfielders. As a result we have little dig in midfield to win or retain the ball under pressure.
    Find a striker with a pass would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    Find a striker with a pass would be a great start.
    We have midfielders with creativity, but we need others who can be physical to give them the time and space to not rush.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Sort the pies out in the east would be a great start

To not take off our only creative threat

We need to start moving on a few of the older bodies and putting succession plans in place.

20/20 hindsight is a gift everyone has but I said all summer that sentiment is for fans and we should have been looking to start planning to replace a few. The likes of McGregor has been a great servant to us but does he have anything to offer next season? Hard as it is to say we have to look at Gray as well. 31 at the start of next season and with a lengthy injury history; he's not going to be around forever. Milligan will be 34 at the start of next season, Whittaker 35 and Bartley is 34. Even Stevenson isn't able to overcome Father Time. That's a lot of bodies the wrong side of 30 and whilst a balance of experience and youth is great we have allowed the spine of the team to get old together.

It was a big rebuild that was required last summer and it was a job that wasn't reallt completed. I'd argue it's an even bigger job this year.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Everything

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Steady the ship until the summer and then unfortunately clear out some of the players that aren't going to fit the plan.

It's the one bonus of the short term deals and the loans, we have the opportunity to rebuild. It's clear we need to build from scratch to an extent.

We have midfielders with creativity, but we need others who can be physical to give them the time and space to not rush.
    I dont think we hve any creativity in midfield that's the big problem. We can hardly string a few passes together going forward.

To give us hope that it will get better again and soon under his watch.

Punt the deadwood and sign a spine for the team with drive and hunger plus ability to grow (ie McGinn etc).

Easier said than done mind you

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    1. Restore confidence of the side

2. Find a formation that fits the personnel we have (that may be number 1 actually)

3. Use the remainder of the season to build for next season.

be fitter
    work harder

Left by mutual consent!
    Find out the system which is most suitable for the players we have got. We have got good players in every position, just need a system to fit them into.

Left by mutual consent!
    Find a way of playing effective football until the end of the seasln. Doesn't necessarily have to be pretty, but as long as the players look like they believe in it I'll be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We need to start moving on a few of the older bodies and putting succession plans in place.

20/20 hindsight is a gift everyone has but I said all summer that sentiment is for fans and we should have been looking to start planning to replace a few. The likes of McGregor has been a great servant to us but does he have anything to offer next season? Hard as it is to say we have to look at Gray as well. 31 at the start of next season and with a lengthy injury history; he's not going to be around forever. Milligan will be 34 at the start of next season, Whittaker 35 and Bartley is 34. Even Stevenson isn't able to overcome Father Time. That's a lot of bodies the wrong side of 30 and whilst a balance of experience and youth is great we have allowed the spine of the team to get old together.

It was a big rebuild that was required last summer and it was a job that wasn't reallt completed. I'd argue it's an even bigger job this year.
    It’s what frustrated the hell out of me in the last few windows. Unless you have the resources to spend a year or twos wages on a player who brings no financial return it’s a waste of time and money. Milligan to replace Bartley is awful business. Whittaker to replace Gray is awful business. Having Holt as well as Graham was awful business.

We now have a glut of past it players with no real succession plan and we need to sign for the future in the summer. Not cheap and no easy ask.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It’s what frustrated the hell out of me in the last few windows. Unless you have the resources to spend a year or twos wages on a player who brings no financial return it’s a waste of time and money. Milligan to replace Bartley is awful business. Whittaker to replace Gray is awful business. Having Holt as well as Graham was awful business.

We now have a glut of past it players with no real succession plan and we need to sign for the future in the summer. Not cheap and no easy ask.
    Signing players over 30 rarely works well for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming there is still some cash left in the kitty as we tried to buy McNulty and Allan I'd the press report are to be believed then maybe have a look at players who were freed in January and see if any would fit into his style of play and comes in on budget.

Stringing more than a couple of passes together would be nice. Sexy football. Wait, what's Ruud up to?

Get the team fitter and ready to press teams and work for 90 mins. Make us hard to beat.

If it is Appleton then he’ll have seen/know a fair amount about a number of the squad. Horgan, Bigirimana, McNulty for example. He’ll have worked with Johnson recently. Hopefully he can fit these guys in the team and get a boost to the likes of Hanlon, Kamberi and Mallan who are struggling so badly when we know they have quality.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    The new manager's first priority will be to assess the players ability, the youth system and the potential of club swiftly followed by his letter of resignation.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Figure out his best eleven players and find a system that gets the best out of them and then play that as often as possible.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Figure out his best eleven players and find a system that gets the best out of them and then play that as often as possible.
    Ditto

First Team Regular
    Get us organised and well coached.

Defensively strong and hard to play against, like all the successful teams in this league, then work from there.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Play players in their natural positions, pres teams don’t give them a minute and organise us in a way that doesn’t allow teams to waltz through our midfield like it isn’t there.

Oh aye and hurry the **** up and sign

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Find some bottle,put the fear into opponents,face them up and let them know they are in a game(fairly tho)

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We’ve decent players. Whoever it is needs to instill a bit of belief into them. Fitness and a bit of desire wouldn’t go amiss either. Determination and a will to win

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    We’ve decent players. Whoever it is needs to instill a bit of belief into them. Fitness and a bit of desire wouldn’t go amiss either. Determination and a will to win
    Yep, the team is much better than it's showing at the moment.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Get a tactic/system that will be effective and get the players enjoying their football again.

Use whatever man management skills he brings to instil some confidence back into the players.

Find a way to cheer them up a bit. They look miserable from the moment they step on the pitch.