hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

9 game showdown - will we make top 6 - predictions

Just looking at Hibs and St Johnstone remaining fixtures (maybe someone can add Motherwell and Livingston fixtures as they are only 2 points behind us and still have a chance to make Top 6 also)..

Think it's going to go down to the wire - even with the possibility of us going to Tynie needing to get a win!!

Top 6 is important for revenue and ST sales for next season. The thought of bottom 6 is depressing but considering we are 5 points behind but with better goal difference - we are going to need to pick up 5 points and hope St Johnstone go on a bad run to allow us to over take them.

27 points to play for...

Hibs
    Fixtures

(4 home games including Rangers and Kilmarnock - 5 away games including Celtic, St Johnstone and Hearts)

Celtic - away
    Hamilton - home
    Dundee - away
    St Johnstone - away
    Rangers - home
    Motherwell - home
    Livingston - away
    Kilmarnock - home
    Hearts - away

St Johnstone Fixtures

(4 home - including Aberdeen and Hibs - 5 away including Rangers and Kilmarnock)

Hamilton - away
    Rangers - away
    Aberdeen - home
    Hibs - home
    Livingston - away
    St Mirren - home
    Motherwell - away
    Dundee - home
    Kilmarnock - away

2. Log in to remove the advert

No.

The St Johnstone game is massive, win that and we have a chance. Draw or loss and it's bottom six.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.
    And that's the end of that thread.

If we’re going to Tynecastle needing anything to make top 6 we can pretty much kiss goodbye to that. Will be Hearts cup final.

If St Johnstone slip up on Wednesday then we have a decent shot. Especially if we pick up any unlikely points from Parkhead. If they win and we lose though it’s an 8 point gap with 8 to play which is difficult to overcome.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    if somehow, and god knows how, we manage to sneak a result against celtic then i would consider the race to be on. otherwise it's pretty unlikely, particularly if they beat hamilton and we loose or draw at park head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The St Johnstone game is massive, win that and we have a chance. Draw or loss and it's bottom six.
    Wednesday 27th February

It's really a must win game

They’ll beat Hamilton during the week and we’ll get beat from Celtic so we’ll be 8 behind.

We must take six points from from Hamilton and Dundee. They’ll drop points in the games against The Rangers and Aberdeen so we should go in to the game against them a bit closer.

All that said we’d probably need to win 7 games minimum. We’ve only won 8 all season so I think it’s unlikely. Pretty grim really.

We're not getting near the top 6.

Get safe from relegation, blood Fraser Murray and a few other youngstera and concentrate on winning the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Get safe from relegation, blood Fraser Murray and a few other youngstera and concentrate on winning the cup.
    We are safe from relegation, why are there so many people on here talking about it as if it's a possibility?

If we apparently have no chance of making up the 5 points that we need to get into the top six over the next 9 games, what makes people think that a team which has accumulated just 14 points over the first 24 games will win at least 18 points over the final 14 games? And even then we would have to lose every single game and at least 2 out of Dundee, Hamilton and St Mirren would have to go on championship winning form to get near us.

It's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We are safe from relegation, why are there so many people on here talking about it as if it's a possibility.

If we apparently have no chance of making up the 5 points that we need to get into the top six over the next 9 games, what makes people think that a team which has accumulated just 14 points over the first 24 points will win at least 18 points over the final 14 games? And even then we would have to lose every single game and at least 2 out of Dundee, Hamilton and St Mirren would have to go on championship winning form to get near us.

It's never going to happen.
    You are probably right re the relegation but all it means is the remaining league games (unless we go a winning run) are pretty meaningless.

The lost revenue means the new manager will have less of a budget.

Unless we can win the cup 😃

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    No.

It’s obviously possible, given we play the Saints during this run.

Must admit I am nervous though. Would be a terrible disappointment not to make the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Yup I pretty much agree probably 2 wins against Dundee and Hamilton will see us completely safe. Don't see u getting near top 6 unfortunately 7th is the best we can aim for in league ...sad but probably true

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    We'll make top 6 at the expense of St Johnstone IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post
    If we’re going to Tynecastle needing anything to make top 6 we can pretty much kiss goodbye to that. Will be Hearts cup final.

If St Johnstone slip up on Wednesday then we have a decent shot. Especially if we pick up any unlikely points from Parkhead. If they win and we lose though it’s an 8 point gap with 8 to play which is difficult to overcome.
    After Wednesday if could be 8 point gap with 24 points to play for. Hamilton are on poor run.

Very tricky.

Motherwell have won their last 4 games so the form team.

We are 16 points away from play offs so can't see that happening surely !

As things Stand I can’t see us making the Top Six
    Therefore the new manager is going to have a big job on his hands to give us hope for next season and then do a massive rebuilding job No margin for error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can't see it. You never know though, it's not impossible.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post

Hopefully the new manager goes to Tynecastle trying to win. I can’t face anymore of going there to battle for a 0-0 where the ball is inconsequential. Especially as we’re not very successful trying to do so.

Can't see it unless the manager somehow makes an immediate impact. This team just aren't playing together. However we probably have the 5th or 6th best squad on paper.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Not a chance.
    Of course there's a chance.

Heart says yes. Head says no.

We arent good enough to finish top 6.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Personally cannot see it.

Hope I’m proved wrong

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    St Johnstone look a more settled stronger team and squad at the moment so no can't see it but who knows.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fact this is even a valid topic tells me Lennon being away was correct decision purely from a results point of view.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think we can say until the new manager comes in

@hibs.net private member
    It’s a toss up, St Johnstone are a decent side but are just as capable of going on a poor run like they did at the start of the season. The question is can we capatilise if they do? So to summarise, I have no idea 😂

We absolutely must win the three games sandwiched between the old firm games. Win those three and we’ll go into the last 4 with a fighting chance (I’m not writing off getting points in the two old firm games but those would be a bonus).

Left by mutual consent!
    Bottom 6.

No where near as good as any of the teams above us.

I'll happily take 7th

Yep we will imo. We will appoint a new manager/head coach, get a wee bounce from that. We have def a good enough squad, just a matter of a settled team and formation, top 6 for me.