hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Fake Calls about your PC

Answered my desk phone at work today to hear the following in what I would describe as an Indian accent.

I kept him on the line for a good five minutes acting daft when he asked me to press windows key and R together.
    He kept repeating R for Romance (I think he meant to say Romeo) and then the windows key.
    I kept saying I was pressing R for romance and W for windows and he got increasingly frustrated trying to describe the windows key and telling me to stop pressing the W key..
    He then passed me to a technical expert who again tried to talk me through it and then asked if I knew my actual internet speed. I replied that it was always a steady 10mph unless going downhill. He shouted at me that I was an idiot and hung up! 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Answered my desk phone at work today to hear the following in what I would describe as an Indian accent.

I kept him on the line for a good five minutes acting daft when he asked me to press windows key and R together.
    He kept repeating R for Romance (I think he meant to say Romeo) and then the windows key.
    I kept saying I was pressing R for romance and W for windows and he got increasingly frustrated trying to describe the windows key and telling me to stop pressing the W key..
    He then passed me to a technical expert who again tried to talk me through it and then asked if I knew my actual internet speed. I replied that it was always a steady 10mph unless going downhill. He shouted at me that I was an idiot and hung up! 😂
    Have a look at this one which did the rounds a couple of years ago. A Hibby, to boot.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...558397194&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have a look at this one which did the rounds a couple of years ago. A Hibby, to boot.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...558397194&_rdr
    I haven't seen that for a while, brilliant always make me laugh

hi

its pretty annoying when we get these sorta calls,kinda similar in regards the idiots *state* there from your internet provider.

my brother tries to get smart with them though,he tries to do his del boy inpression !

On a side note I would advice anyone whom may have anyone ,i mean this in the nicest way, the older genaration to be warned about these sorta scammers and thats what they are scammers.

I either tell them I don't have a computer so how can I have problems, they hang up immediately or I ask them how they know I have problems, so they must've hacked into my PC, I then tell them I'm calling the police as I have their number on my phone, again they hang up.

I used to mess about then eventually ask them where the windows button is on a mac.