hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Players Backing Lennon

Since he has left a lot of players and pundits appear to be backing Lennon a lot.

Marciano earlier today singing his praises and now McLaren saying Lennon leaving made up his decision to leave also.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-left-13950112

What has actually happened at our club? Seems bizarre so many people are singing Lennons praises especially players.

Does anyone have any insight?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surprised to see Maclaren say this, as I thought he'd had some kind of falling out with Lennon himself, hence the lack of game time.

Mclaren left because he was pish and wasn’t getting a game. He’s just making it sound like Lennon leaving was the reason behind his choice. Seems to me he jumped before he was pushed

Left by mutual consent!
    Lenny is just like most managers.

Popular with many, unpopular with some.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    First of all I know nothing, however I'd imagine if players are asked by journalists, as they're bound to be, how they found working with Lennon they're never going to say anything detrimental. After all, their paths could cross again in future. No one wants to burn bridges.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    They're saying he was a good manager, not that he shouldn't have gone.

Maclaren's one line comment looks like it's been taken wholly out of context.

His transfer to Melbourne was being worked on well before NL lost his job and it was discussed on here.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Players saying something positive about Lennon is not the same as 'backing' him. Even the club's directors acknowledged his achievements in their statement.

McLaren was already heavily linked with and itching for a move back to Oz before Black Friday! I'm not sure how that rings true.

I'm not surprised players saying he was good, he was. Particularly when things were going well.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Football omertà.

Not in anyone’s interest to wash dirty linen in public I guess.

And yes Lenny is a good manager. But it seems like he decided to chuck it rather than work to fix the problems. A great shame.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since he has left a lot of players and pundits appear to be backing Lennon a lot.

Marciano earlier today singing his praises and now McLaren saying Lennon leaving made up his decision to leave also.

What has actually happened at our club? Seems bizarre so many people are singing Lennons praises especially players.

Bit of a scoop in that article. It seems Hibs goal was later chalked off as we were beaten 0-2 by the Sheepies.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Funny how the DR are still promoting the, ‘Lennon was wronged’ agenda...or is it? Any DR story about Hibs at the moment has an anti-board slant. Of course the players are saying Lennon was a good manager, none will go into print saying he is a nightmare. None have said he shouldn’t have gone either. I wonder why they haven’t interviewed Flo with the same questions? His answers wouldn’t suit their agenda obviously.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I was under the impression Kamberi and Jamie MAC had a falling out with Lenny

Very surprised but intrigued to read this

Noticed the DR can’t even get Saturdays match result correct

EEN take on things

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...city-1-4865767

Ultimately, the rumour was the players complained about him etc as we saw on here and in the media, accusations of them being soft and what not started flying.

So, is it in their interest to come out and say something nice about him? Perhaps they are wanting to ensure they aren’t tarred with any brushes, particularly Maclaren, who being out the door can largely say whatever he wants.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    In Lennon's last interview (the morning of his suspension) he spoke about trying to bring 2 strikers in. I took that as confirmation of the rumours of McLaren leaving.

McLaren = gob *****

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Reading between the lines in the Scotsman,Danny Swanson didnae seem too complimentary.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    "Australian striker Maclaren had told Hibs that he wanted to leave following a fall-out with former head coach Neil Lennon and a lack of regular first-team football."

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...city-1-4865767
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Leeann must have tipped Jamie off that she was going to suspend Lennon in a couple of weeks, because that's how long he has been negotiating his move to Melbourne.

Pretty desperate stories being made up now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    Surprised to see Maclaren say this, as I thought he'd had some kind of falling out with Lennon himself, hence the lack of game time.
    As per EEN. The DR is a weegie monstrosity.

Australian striker Maclaren had told Hibs that he wanted to leave following a fall-out with former head coach Neil Lennon and a lack of regular first-team football

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    God I cannot wait for the day when I can toast a beer to the Daily Record and its associated trash papers closing their doors for the final time.

What a load of nonsense Jamie Mac must have a crystal ball, he was making all the noises about a return to Oz weeks before Lennon went. Face it mate you weren't up to the job. Bit of a pattern developing with him in recent times

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    McLaren = gob *****
    Not really. The media have make up a story to make their pal look good. It also makes it look a lot better for McLaren. Good luck to the guy.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hibs are lucky to be even mentioned as a crossword clue in the DR normally. The cynic in me, says that playing to the Celtc readers with another all against Lennon story comes with no real risks, and should Brenda leave Celtc Park anytime soon, Lennon would be on the list to replace him, so no harm in getting the tongue in quickly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    God I cannot wait for the day when I can toast a beer to the Daily Record and its associated trash papers closing their doors for the final time.
    Make mine a nice wee malt.

@hibs.net private member
    Love watching as you all twist what was said to meet you own agendas.

Lennon parting company with Hibs was down to the board NOT the players, regardless of what you think or have interpreted.

He stood on too many toes and the opportunity to part ways with him presented itself and Hibs hierarchy took it.

Next manager will toe the line and the success on the field will only be measured in profit made year on year.

This is the reality of it... Our club will finish higher in the league only when we get a manager who can turn mediocrity in to excellence within the budget set by the financial team(s) at Hibs.

Something stinks at Easter Road just now, and the turnover of staff in the past year or so, some of whom I am friends with, only backs this theory.

@hibs.net private member
    Staggering piece of opportunistic revisionism there.

What a rag that paper is.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Maclaren's persistent back injury causing him to miss games for us yet still be available when Australia needed him was, I assumed, one of the people Lennon was referring to when he spoke about players not doing enough to recover from their injuries. As has also been mentioned there was talk of MacLaren going back to the A-League before the Lennon situation happened. Seems to me like a bit of face saving from him to say that was a catalyst for him leaving rather than the fact he was a complete waste of a wage for half a season.

I have no doubt that a number of the players will have enjoyed working under Lennon, he's a good manager and probably a good coach. The problem has been his volatile temperament and off-field issues. Whatever has led to Lennon going has been what happened in that meeting with Dempster.

She doesn't strike me as someone incapable of standing up for herself or prone to making rash decisions so the fact that she has decided to immediately suspend Lennon and has, very deliberately IMO, avoided speaking publically on the matter since suggests to me that Lennon's anger and behaviour has been directed towards Dempster in an unacceptable and possibly personal way.

There three scenarios being played out here by the media's coverage of this.

1 - They are simply making stuff up and making it as controversial as possible in order to sell more papers.

2 - They know nothing but are accepting rumours as facts and feel that printing negative stuff about Hibs as a club and the board will go down better with their readership than it would to do the same about Lennon.

3 - They are backing Lennon. Either they have an off-the-record breakdown of what happened from him which will be a very skewed and biased version of events or regardless of what he actually done the journalists and pundits that are friendly with him from his time at Celtic or as a pundit himself are circling the wagons around him and being very deliberate and vindictive in their reporting.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post

Lennon parting company with Hibs was down to the board NOT the players, regardless of what you think or have interpreted.

He stood on too many toes and the opportunity to part ways with him presented itself and Hibs hierarchy took it.

Next manager will toe the line and the success on the field will only be measured in profit made year on year.

This is the reality of it... Our club will finish higher in the league only when we get a manager who can turn mediocrity in to excellence within the budget set by the financial team(s) at Hibs.

Something stinks at Easter Road just now, and the turnover of staff in the past year or so, some of whom I am friends with, only backs this theory.
    Nonsense. Hibs generally aim to break even. The odd times there's been a profit have been down to good cup runs and/or a decent player sale. The higher the club's turnover, the more money that's put back into the playing budget - as backed up by the annual accounts.

I love how you twisted what was said to meet you own agenda.

Does the bit in bold not apply to just about every club in the entire world?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years