hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeann Dempster

Leeann Dempster

With all the nonsense criticism of our Chief Exec coming from the media I just wanted to express my support for her and her ongoing contribution to the club.

The criticism of Leeann and the club comes from mainly ex-Old Firm players and Glasgow-based journalists each of whom admits they don't know the details of what happened with Neil Lennon. It hasn't stopped them from choosing a side though.

It is clear from most of their comments that they don't watch Hibs much and know little about the club.

Anyone who watches Hibs regularly will know that Lenny has been struggling more and more this season. I really like Neil Lennon and, FWIW, had faith in his ability to turn things around. However - I'm not sure he did once he became aware that, for the second summer in a row, his transfer dealings had been poor. The team has deteriorated this season in distinct parallel with Lenny's increasingly eccentric and erratic behaviour. Is this a coincidence?

Our manager's outbursts - once amusing - became somewhat embarrassing and his treatment of Kamberi was as shocking as it was bewildering.

In truth - and completely contrary to some suggestions - my opinion is that it was our manager rather than his players who was failing to deal with the pressure. It's a different kind of pressure from that which is often emphasised exists at the Glasgow clubs. However IMHO it is one which implies that there comes a point when you have to work on improving what you have rather than overcoming mistakes you've made in transfer dealings by more transfer dealings. That's what "being a manager" is in my view.

That's the sort of pressure that increases the further down the leagues you go I reckon. Perhaps having only previously managed at clubs with big budgets it is not something with which Lenny has sufficient experience?

The critical journalists also appear to understand little about disciplinary processes. My understanding would be that, in most organisations, when certain types of allegation are made against an employee then proper process would be that they ought to be suspended while a formal investigation is carried out. There appears to have been no focus on this in the media.

I believe that neither party fancied the consequences of a lengthy dispute. Neil Lennon may not have wanted his management reputation tarnished via details being made public about his behaviour. Hibs may not have wanted a protracted legal process undermining club morale and the ability to move on.

It would be natural would it not for any compromise agreement to include, at the insistence of both sides' representatives, clauses that exonerate the other of any wrongdoing. The media fixate on the fact that the joint statement included a sentence exonerating Neil and Garry. Is that such a huge surprise? IMO it will have been one price Hibs had to pay for the agreement. That's all.

Leeann Dempster has been at the helm during a period of revival for our club at all levels. As I understand it she has been the key driver in much of our progress. She is widely respected and popular amongst supporters and I've yet to see any persuasive argument from critical journalists that her actions have been ill-advised in this or any other matter.

I hope Leeann remains at Hibs for many years to come.

PS - no - I'm not Leeann Dempster
    Last edited by GreenOnions; 03-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely top post mate. Couldnt have put it better

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It’s Leeann😄

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With all the nonsense criticism of our Chief Exec coming from the media I just wanted to express my support for her and her ongoing contribution to the club.

The criticism of Leann and the club comes from mainly ex-Old Firm players and Glasgow-based journalists each of whom admits they don't know the details of what happened with Neil Lennon. It hasn't stopped them from choosing a side though.

It is clear from most of their comments that they don't watch Hibs much and know little about the club.

Anyone who watches Hibs regularly will know that Lenny has been struggling more and more this season. I really like Neil Lennon and, FWIW, had faith in his ability to turn things around. However - I'm not sure he did once he became aware that, for the second summer in a row, his transfer dealings had been poor. The team has deteriorated this season in distinct parallel with Lenny's increasingly eccentric and erratic behaviour. Is this a coincidence?

Our manager's outbursts - once amusing - became somewhat embarrassing and his treatment of Kamberi was as shocking as it was bewildering.

In truth - and completely contrary to some suggestions - my opinion is that it was our manager rather than his players who was failing to deal with the pressure. It's a different kind of pressure from that which is often emphasised exists at the Glasgow clubs. However IMHO it is one which implies that there comes a point when you have to work on improving what you have rather than overcoming mistakes you've made in transfer dealings by more transfer dealings. That's what "being a manager" is in my view.

That's the sort of pressure that increases the further down the leagues you go I reckon. Perhaps having only previously managed at clubs with big budgets it is not something with which Lenny has sufficient experience?

The critical journalists also appear to understand little about disciplinary processes. My understanding would be that, in most organisations, when certain types of allegation are made against an employee then proper process would be that they ought to be suspended while a formal investigation is carried out. There appears to have been no focus on this in the media.

I believe that neither party fancied the consequences of a lengthy dispute. Neil Lennon may not have wanted his management reputation tarnished via details being made public about his behaviour. Hibs may not have wanted a protracted legal process undermining club morale and the ability to move on.

It would be natural would it not for any compromise agreement to include, at the insistence of both sides' representatives, clauses that exonerate the other of any wrongdoing. The media fixate on the fact that the joint statement included a sentence exonerating Neil and Garry. Is that such a huge surprise? IMO it will have been one price Hibs had to pay for the agreement. That's all.

Leann Dempster has been at the helm during a period of revival for our club at all levels. As I understand it she has been the key driver in much of our progress. She is widely respected and popular amongst supporters and I've yet to see any persuasive argument from critical journalists that her actions have been ill-advised in this or any other matter.

I hope Leann remains at Hibs for many years to come.

PS - no - I'm not Leann Dempster ;-)
    Class post.

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Great post Green Onions

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this sorry episode

For me it had become pretty obvious that after the derby at Tynecastle Neil Lennon had been struggling with his own Demons and thus affecting his judgment and behaviour. Which probably led to the eventual alleged showdown end of last week at East Mains

The parting of the ways has been handled well by the board as both sides left any personal animosities aaside . Nobody wanted to tarnish Lennon’s reputation as a Top class Coach. For me he probably needs to take some time out of the game for the good of his own health.

Dempster and the board have my full support with the statement they issued and the action taken

We are indeed lucky to have someone as professional as Leann Dempster as CEO of our club

I’ll prefer to wait until more of the the facts are known before proclaiming undying allegiance to anyone in this affair.

Coaching Staff
    Keep up the good work, Leeann.

Blog Entries
    Sutton’s public attack on LD is out of order and I can only assume that his ( homophobic? ) hatred of her was formed before last week and because of issues that offended him. It would be interesting for somebody to put him on the spot by asking him to expand on his prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I’ll prefer to wait until more of the the facts are known before proclaiming undying allegiance to anyone in this affair.
    You mean you’ll believe more BS rumours which begin with the phrase “I heard”. You can bet these rumours will all favour NL.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Can't see much more being disclosed.

Leeann is an excellent ceo.

@hibs.net private member
    Think that’s fair and sensible - not sure why people are suddenly celebrating Dempster ‘s contribution to this situation- when I’m guessing none of us know what she did, and whether she got it right ..

She had a great start to her career here - not sure there is anything this season that looks like a particularly strong achievement yet ..

Will be interested to see what she does been now and end of season ...

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Frankly if I had to choose between the devil and the Glasgow ****my press I would say - I am with you Lou

Leeann is a key to our future success

Leeann dempster has served hibs well no doubt,but like lenny gave us what we needed when he came in,the same can be said for her.if she has cost us a six figure sum by "not sacking" a manager she appointed.its unforgivable.failure to at least try and galvanise the support under the circumstances,again is unforgivable,everyone is entitled to ther opinion but I wont be burying my head in the sand.and the more threads like this means I will continue to say where I stand on all matters hibs and the board,a board that has created turmoil of ther own making.guff signings forced on lennon by an underperforming technical director,who has failed to identify replacements for a very good midfield.loans every season mean we never actually have our own stamp on the badge.and loans seem to be how we continue to build a sqaud.no matter how much backing we give as supporters!!lennon cared too much for the board.and also most of his stress was caused by knowing it was his reputation on the line.while the great "set up" evades all blame.
    Last edited by tonyrougier123; 03-02-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Would they all bully a man in such a way? Don't remember a male CEO every being subjected to such nonsense from the media.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Leeann dempster has served hibs well no doubt,but like lenny gave us what we needed when he came in,the same can be said for her.if she has cost us a six figure sum by "not sacking" a manager she appointed.its unforgivable.failure to at least try and galvanise the support under the circumstances,again is unforgivable,everyone is entitled to ther opinion but I wont be burying my head in the sand.and the more threads like this means I will continue to say where I stand on all matters hibs and the board,a board that has created turmoil of ther own making.guff signings forced on lennon by an underperforming technical director,who has failed to identify replacements for a very good midfield.loans every season mean we never actually have our own stamp on the badge.and loans seem to be how we continue to build a sqaud.no matter how much backing we give as supporters!!lennon cared too much for the board.and also most of his stress was caused by knowing it was his reputation on the line.while the great "set up" evades all blame.
    "Lenny" evading all blame with this post too though right?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I don’t get this Leeann love in.

She employed Lennon knowing his previous employment history and demands then sacks him when speaks out.
    She has failed to improve the catering, Behind The Goals, tannoy system, the ticketing problems and will not even discuss the reintroduction of a loyalty point system. She appears to be very headstrong and is not open to negotiation.
    For Leeann Dempster read Theresa May.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    In hindsight Lennon signed some dud players onwards and upwards, Leann Dempster will get the right man in I’m sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think that’s fair and sensible - not sure why people are suddenly celebrating Dempster ‘s contribution to this situation- when I’m guessing none of us know what she did, and whether she got it right ..

She had a great start to her career here - not sure there is anything this season that looks like a particularly strong achievement yet ..

Posted as much elsewhere.

I don’t think she should be criticised for what has went on. Equally, it’s difficult to praise her. Nobody knows what has went on, whether she has acted correctly or not.

She deserves the benefit of the doubt in terms of fixing the mess we find ourselves in at present. She inherited a bigger mess four and a half years ago and made improved things significantly. The enthusiasm that was on display back then has been lacking this year though, IMO.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

Yep, agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    "Lenny" evading all blame with this post too though right?
    Not at all, football was guff for a while,but we werny at the point of emptying him this season.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Sutton’s public attack on LD is out of order and I can only assume that his ( homophobic? ) hatred of her was formed before last week and because of issues that offended him. It would be interesting for somebody to put him on the spot by asking him to expand on his prejudice.
    What did Sutton say that was homophobic????

Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Posted as much elsewhere.

I don’t think she should be criticised for what has went on. Equally, it’s difficult to praise her. Nobody knows what has went on, whether she has acted correctly or not.

She deserves the benefit of the doubt in terms of fixing the mess we find ourselves in at present. She inherited a bigger mess four and a half years ago and made improved things significantly. The enthusiasm that was on display back then has been lacking this year though, IMO.
    She's still very close to the stage she needs to make some sort of public statement or appearance. Not a warts-and-all run-through that we're never going to get, but she's been non-existent aside from a Scott Allan soundbite and a joint-statement with Budge after the Tynecastle game.

She's now being questioned by some of us and is taking pelters in the media. It's difficult to listen to if the only response to that is respectful silence - she's integral to whatever happened with Lennon, and the disappearing act isn't really abating things. Some sort of decent PR offering on the new manager hunt wouldn't go amiss.
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 03-02-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I don’t get this Leeann love in.

She employed Lennon knowing his previous employment history and demands then sacks him when speaks out.
    She has failed to improve the catering, Behind The Goals, tannoy system, the ticketing problems and will not even discuss the reintroduction of a loyalty point system. She appears to be very headstrong and is not open to negotiation.
    For Leeann Dempster read Theresa May.
    She didn't sack him when he spoke out. She sacked him when he got 3 wins in 15 with a decent budget whilst acting a bit of an attention seeking baby.

Stop buying pies and it will improve. Tannoy cannot be improved easily. Loyalty points is a shambles. She has to answer for that no doubt.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s Leeann😄
    Well she use to post on here on occasion before going into purdah.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post

And it’s a Yes from me too. Delighted Ms Dempster came onto the forum , ha ha.

nah, a good OP. Well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    What a load of rubbish.

You're just making it up now.

What is your experience of being a ceo?

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    She's still very close to the stage she needs to make some sort of public statement or appearance. Not a warts-and-all run-through that we're never going to get, but she's been non-existent aside from a Scott Allan soundbite and a joint-statement with Budge after the Tynecastle game.

She's now being questioned by some of us and is taking pelters in the media. It's difficult to listen to if the only response to that is respectful silence - she's integral to whatever happened with Lennon, and the disappearing act isn't really abating things. Some sort of decent PR offering on the new manager hunt wouldn't go amiss.
    Tynecastle was an interesting one. I thought she failed spectacularly to properly support Lennon on the back of that. She could also have called out the very apparent sectarian abuse he received on each of our visits to Ibrox.

Silence seems to be the answer whenever there is anything of a negative nature to be talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    What a load of rubbish.

You're just making it up now.

What is your experience of being a ceo?
    Rubbish?? Explain please im open to opinions...are you?😂🃏

I trust the board especially leeann.

How do you know what the compensation was.

Still easy to just invent figures up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    You mean you’ll believe more BS rumours which begin with the phrase “I heard”. You can bet these rumours will all favour NL.
    😂😂😂😂😂 classic hibs.net top post.