hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Robertson

Don Robertson

I think today he demonstrated new levels of Scottish refereeing incompetence. Absolutely shameful performance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Worst ref performance I've seen at ER this season.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    What the **** have we done to deserve *******s like that week in week out 😡

He was murder today, how shinnie got away with a booking I will never know, he books Flo for decent exactly the same as he let shinnie of with in the first half.

Absolute balloon

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Unbelievably poor today. Some outrageous decisions and so naive with regards to Aberdeen’s tactics.

What baffles me is why the players are happy to accept these decisions. Players from other clubs scream blue murder at the ref when these calls go against them ie Naismith, Shinnie, Brown. We just take it.

Now Lennon has gone these decisions are only gonna get worse

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What baffles me is why the players are happy to accept these decisions. Players from other clubs scream blue murder at the ref when these calls go against them ie Naismith, Shinnie, Brown. We just take it.

Kamberi done it and got booked despite Shinnie doing the exact same first half.

Does the ref suddenly turn round and change his mind if you complain? No, he books you like he booked Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Kamberi done it and got booked despite Shinnie doing the exact same first half.
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Does the ref suddenly turn round and change his mind if you complain? No, he books you like he booked Flo.
    We are soft as **** boys. You tell me how the hell other teams get away with it. They challenge every decision where it becomes the norm. Whats the ref gonna do book every player that disagrees with him? Other teams are at it all the time which puts pressure on the ref not to make these borderline decisions.
    Last edited by Scottie; 02-02-2019 at 05:17 PM.

When Kamberi had the temerity to complain, he got booked.

And the Shinnie thing, there's nothing else to be said. The boy is pure teflon.

@hibs.net private member
    I am never shy in criticising the refs..... and i won't be today....

I am hoarse from calling the 'officials' out today... I don't care what repercussions we will suffer but Eddie May and Grant Murray need to be making complaints!! Who cares is they are suspended by the SFA... those shower of crap that wear black need called out!

I was disgusted by how often they all got the calls wrong and did not operate to the letter of the law.

One that seems fresh in my mind is when in the second half Shaw was offside and the Linesman didn't flag until he touched the ball (as the rules do state) but how on earth do they then get to take the free kick from almost in our half when Shaw touch the ball at the edge of their box... the rules state the free kick is taken where the player touches the ball!!!

And how is GMS not offside for his goal when he was further forward than any Hibs player (bar Marciano) when Stevie May picked up McGinn's rebound...!!! If it was due to Marciano touching the ball last before GMS's tap in then... how on Earth is Shaw considered offside in the second half when the ball comes off an Aberdeen player for his disallowed goal!!!?

The red mist has fallen on me so if any of these incidents are were correctly refereed then I'll hold my hands up but The state of Scottish officials is making me sick to my stomach week in and week out this year!!!

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Absolutely shocking performance.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He has it in for us. Was he not the prick who didn’t give us any fouls in the second half at Parkhead?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Worst this season. Useless.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

I said much the same on the match day thread. We make it easy for officials to give dodgy decisions against us and to not give decisions for us.We should be highlighting to the ref every time when serial foulers commit fouls as it seems they arent aware of it otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Cheating ****.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    We were spoiled with Dougie McDonald, Callum Murray, Hugh Dallas and John Rowbotham. Even Willie Miller.

This lot are something else

First Team Breakthrough
    Imagine the uproar if we had a ref called Hibs Robertson
    Clues in his name

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I am never shy in criticising the refs..... and i won't be today....

I am hoarse from calling the 'officials' out today... I don't care what repercussions we will suffer but Eddie May and Grant Murray need to be making complaints!! Who cares is they are suspended by the SFA... those shower of crap that wear black need called out!

I was disgusted by how often they all got the calls wrong and did not operate to the letter of the law.

One that seems fresh in my mind is when in the second half Shaw was offside and the Linesman didn't flag until he touched the ball (as the rules do state) but how on earth do they then get to take the free kick from almost in our half when Shaw touch the ball at the edge of their box... the rules state the free kick is taken where the player touches the ball!!!

And how is GMS not offside for his goal when he was further forward than any Hibs player (bar Marciano) when Stevie May picked up McGinn's rebound...!!! If it was due to Marciano touching the ball last before GMS's tap in then... how on Earth is Shaw considered offside in the second half when the ball comes off an Aberdeen player for his disallowed goal!!!?

The red mist has fallen on me so if any of these incidents are were correctly refereed then I'll hold my hands up but The state of Scottish officials is making me sick to my stomach week in and week out this year!!!
    GMS was onside for their goal. He was behind the ball for the second shot. Where the Hibs players are(picking their nose on the edge of the box) is irrelevant.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    GMS was onside for their goal. He was behind the ball for the second shot. Where the Hibs players are(picking their nose on the edge of the box) is irrelevant.
    The ball can't keep a player onside.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    If Lennon was still our manager he'd getting a 10 match touchline ban after that today!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

'S' Form

The referees seem to be more lenient when it's the captain who complains as in all your examples, they seem to have a lot more leeway in arguing with refs!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigson13 View Post
    The referees seem to be more lenient when it's the captain who complains as in all your examples, they seem to have a lot more leeway in arguing with refs!
    I assume Gray is captain when he plays. I can't recall ever seeing him in the referees face and I genuinely think we lack a leader on the park.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigson13 View Post

Team captains are allowed to approach the ref to query a decision, getting in their faces and harassing them is not allowed though.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I thought the performance of the officials was down to them partaking in the Bird Box challenge. Can’t expalin how they seemed to miss so many decisions.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Team captains are allowed to approach the ref to query a decision, getting in their faces and harassing them is not allowed though.
    It is if you're Graeme ****ing Shinnie, apparently.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    The ball can't keep a player onside.
    You can't be offside if you are behind the ball. Read the law before moaning at refs. He got lots wrong but was spot on with that a pity Rocky made such an arse of it

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    You can't be offside if you are behind the ball. Read the law before moaning at refs. He got lots wrong but was spot on with that a pity Rocky made such an arse of it
    First save maybe, but I counted three Aberdeen players and zero Hibs players who followed up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    First save maybe, but I counted three Aberdeen players and zero Hibs players who followed up.
    and they were all onside at all points

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I think it was Bartley who made little to no effort to prevent the initial shot - had he blocked that the goal wouldn't have happened.