hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Loan Signings

Loan Signings

With 5 players recruited this window and 4 of them being 6 month loans and the other being a short 6 month contract. Does anyone know if there is an option to buy at the end of the season like we previously have done?

Remember hearing there was with Gauld but was curious for the others. I imagine Bigi is a case of if we want him he will sign.

No issue with loan signings as they’re proving very popular in Scotland and help us attract players we normally wouldn’t be able to afford. They then come in, love the place and want a permanent move....or at least that’s the plan

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With 5 players recruited this window and 4 of them being 6 month loans and the other being a short 6 month contract. Does anyone know if there is an option to buy at the end of the season like we previously have done?

Remember hearing there was with Gauld but was curious for the others. I imagine Bigi is a case of if we want him he will sign.

No issue with loan signings as they’re proving very popular in Scotland and help us attract players we normally wouldn’t be able to afford. They then come in, love the place and want a permanent move....or at least that’s the plan
    Gauld has a 60n million Euro buyout clause , cant see us paying that somehow

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I think we just needed players to see out the season.

It wouldn't have been the cleverest move to sign players on 3 or 4 year contracts before the new manager had seen them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    No-one is going to pay that. It's meaningless now.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Typical lack of ambition from the board!

Onviously not, that buy out clause was put in place when they first signed him to stop a bigger club signing him for next to nothing.

Now it’s not progressed how they would have liked that is all but meaningless.

There was talk of us arranging a fee with Sporting for the end of the season if it suited both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Typical lack of ambition from the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I think we just needed players to see out the season.

It wouldn't have been the cleverest move to sign players on 3 or 4 year contracts before the new manager had seen them.
    Thought we had a Head Coach not a manager and that the Head Coach has to work with what ever players he has available to him.

Yes, you'd think that it would be nice if the Head Coach could see the players first.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Is it not some sort of law in Spain and Portugal where all players have to have a buyout clause? Im sure Messi has one like 1billion euro or somthing. Team greatly inflate this so as not to potentially lose a player on the cheap.

Anyway, I would assume that IF we had Gauld on a deal that had a option to buy then the price we pay has already been agreed ala Kamberi last season.

Testimonial Due
    As ever I'm not a great believer of loan players, but as at the moment we have no managerial team, short loan of players to fill in gaps should help if they prove to be good signings?
    When the new manager is in place, I hope the board give him a decent budget to start the new season???

Hibs taking no chances and borrowing half of the loanees while NL was in office. Perhaps a sign of shrewdness. Latter three signings will have given the right message to any new manager about them shaping the team starting in the summer, it probably wouldn't have worked as well any other way.

Leicester City fans seem to rate Johnson pretty highly and think he is only here for 6 months and games. Doesnt appear like he will be staying.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Thought we had a Head Coach not a manager and that the Head Coach has to work with what ever players he has available to him.

Yes, you'd think that it would be nice if the Head Coach could see the players first.

Allegedly Reading wanted £750,000 for McNulty. My problem, is he starts banging them in, he'll still be well out of our reach.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Allegedly Reading wanted £750,000 for McNulty. My problem, is he starts banging them in, he'll still be well out of our reach.
    Much better than him not doing well for us, though.

Loan agreements are supposed to benefit all parties. McNulty goes in the shop window for six months, we get a player we otherwise couldn't afford, and McNulty gets to play football.

Understand the need to fill positions, but I don't like to see so many loan players at the club. If they prove to be any good and set the team alight, they'll likely be off in the summer.