hibs.net Messageboard

Comic Collection

Does anyone pay attention to the value of comics?

Reckon i probably have 400-500 Roy of the Rovers comics from 1979 to 1991 (not all consecutive but quite a number are).

Also have some Shoot magazines from mainly 82/83, about 80 of them.

Tiger & Eagle roughly 400 from 1979 to 1988, as above not all consecutive bit quite a number will be.

I've had a quick look on eBay but as i've not really been tracking them properly its difficult to tell their proper value.

(Its a wee bit alarming i thought i stopped buying Roy of the Rovers in my teens but it turns out got them right up until i was 21

Any help appreciated,
    Cheers

as an aside any half sensible bids entertained

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone pay attention to the value of comics?

Reckon i probably have 400-500 Roy of the Rovers comics from 1979 to 1991 (not all consecutive but quite a number are).

Also have some Shoot magazines from mainly 82/83, about 80 of them.

Tiger & Eagle roughly 400 from 1979 to 1988, as above not all consecutive bit quite a number will be.

I've had a quick look on eBay but as i've not really been tracking them properly its difficult to tell their proper value.

(Its a wee bit alarming i thought i stopped buying Roy of the Rovers in my teens but it turns out got them right up until i was 21

Any help appreciated,
    Cheers

as an aside any half sensible bids entertained
    You see the odd early 70s Scorcher & Score going usually based on the cover team / player feature. I have a nice Joe Baker issue. Not big values though.

I reckon folks are carefully cutting up their old Shoot! and Goal! Issues and selling the cuttings or photos individually. There are millions of single pages on eBay.

@hibs.net private member
    Would an almost consecutive collection of Broons and Oor Wullie books going back to the mid-80s be worth anything? I’m missing a year or 2 (I think).

Thanks Iggy.
    Don’t think I have the strength to sell pages individually but will get them down from the attic & remind myself what’s in there.
    Been told to have a good 🔥!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Would an almost consecutive collection of Broons and Oor Wullie books going back to the mid-80s be worth anything? I’m missing a year or 2 (I think).
    I'd suggest finding the missing years. I think that would make your collection more valuable. No idea what it would be worth though. There are probably a few full collections out there.

https://www.comicpriceguide.co.uk/uk_comic.php?tc=oorwullie

Might be a starting point. There are a few 80s issues on here.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I'd suggest finding the missing years. I think that would make your collection more valuable. No idea what it would be worth though. There are probably a few full collections out there.

https://www.comicpriceguide.co.uk/uk_comic.php?tc=oorwullie

Might be a starting point. There are a few 80s issues on here.
    Cheers. I’ve no idea why I’ve kept them to be honest - my mum buys me it every year and has done since I was a bairn. I’ll dig them out and see what I’m missing when I take this years down to file in the box.