hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky Lennon bias

Sky Lennon bias

Proven, Commons and Walker all putting the boot into our board. Walker was a hoot. Blamed the Board for " Lennon being frustrated at the team not being in a better position than Livi and Killie".
    As Hibs have spent more and have better players than those teams so surely the onus of blame should be on the Manager. I'm not getting at Lennon but at Sky's unbalanced reporting.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proven, Commons and Walker all putting the boot into our board. Walker was a hoot. Blamed the Board for " Lennon being frustrated at the team not being in a better position than Livi and Killie".
    As Hibs have spent more and have better players than those teams so surely the onus of blame should be on the Manager. I'm not getting at Lennon but at Sky's unbalanced reporting.
    wasn't he using that argument as a frustration for 'the money men?'

You’re correct but a quick butchers at any of the related threads on here shows it’s not just external media that are doing this.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    When was this?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Davie Provan said in the first half “I’m not one to take sides in the argument between Flo and Lennon but there’s no doubt he needs to be working harder than he has done recently”

Eh, when was the last time you saw him play Provan?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    We liked it when he was manager so can’t really complain now.

They were raging at full time. As soon as our game was over it was a quick switch to talk about the Rangers game.

I can’t help thinking that if we’d lost they’d have happily stayed on our match to stick the boot into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Davie Provan said in the first half “I’m not one to take sides in the argument between Flo and Lennon but there’s no doubt he needs to be working harder than he has done recently”

He wouldn’t be far wrong with that to be fair. And I can’t stand Davie Provan by the way.

Kamberi worked harder second half and it made a difference to the team. Helped that he had some help up there right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    FFS.

When did Sky ever stick up for Hibs?

We can complain about anti-Hibs bias anytime we see it.

And we will.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Both sides will be playing the media game.

Some people will let their exisitng views dictate which side they choose to believe.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I don't normally mind most of the pundits but Provan was blethering nonsense today.

On several occasions he had a pop at David Gray for taking a touch too many. That's fine if he's losing possession, but he wasn't - iirc he won a couple of corners after taking decent touches and the ST Mirren got a good block in on his crosses.

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. He was very unlucky to pick up a yellowfins for his first challenge and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his challenge on the line.

I have to say that I thought the chaps in the studio were perfectly reasonable and had no issue with anything they had to say.
    Last edited by Smartie; 27-01-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yeah we can, the media pals of Lennon are ripping the club. How can’t you complain?

@hibs.net private member
    I think we all know that Walker is a prize bell end. What we ever did to upset him so, one can only guess.

Commons will naturally be a bit of an acolyte.

The fact is though, none of them have met with our board to get their side of the story, so it would be impossible for them to convey an objective opinion. But that won’t matter to Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He wouldn’t be far wrong with that to be fair. And I can’t stand Davie Provan by the way.

Kamberi worked harder second half and it made a difference to the team. Helped that he had some help up there right enough.
    I don't think he did.

He was hopelessly isolated and we got nobody near him.

He'd have had to have got through a power of work, more than anyone is really capable of in order to compensate for that.

We got much better support up to him during the second half and stuff started coming off for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't normally mind most of the pundits but Provan was blethering nonsense today.

On several occasions he had a pop at David Gray for taking a touch too many. That's fine if he's losing possession, but he wasn't - iirc he won a couple of corners after taking decent touches and the ST Mirren got a good block in on his crosses.

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. He was very unlucky to pick up his first challenge and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his challenge on the line.

I have to say that I thought the chaps in the studio were perfectly reasonable and had no issue with anything they had to say.

Provan went on and on about the challenge on the line at the start of the second half, lucky it wasn’t a yellow, blah blah. What he didn’t mention at all was, the ref didn’t even give a foul

Exactly! Said to ma laddie "this prick doesn't have a ****ing clue" Flo been made the escape goat.

@hibs.net private member

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. He was very unlucky to pick up his first challenge and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his challenge on the line.

When Hibs had Duff Jim at the helm and we were sitting second bottom, the consensus among Hibs fans was that Duffy should go.

Not his pal Provan though. His rhetorical question live on air was ‘what do the Hibs fans expect?’. Er, not to be second bottom mate?

The cliques in Scottish football are frustrating and very Glasgow centric.

Discerning Hibs fans will see right through it.
    Last edited by judas; 27-01-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pundits are paid to give their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

See I disagree with him.

Kamberi has had a poor run recently but I completely disagree with Lennon that it was down to his effort.

Provan hasn’t seen him recently so he shouldn’t have an opinion either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Yep. Not Neil Lennon's.

‘Their’ opinions though.

With regards to Flo, he didn’t give his opinion, he just regurgitated Lennons opinion. It’s lazy and as a pundit that’s not acceptable imo.

Boyds massive grin when it when back to them at the Livingston rangers game he looked gutted we won, he was wanting to take the piss right out of Hibs

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. .
    Mitchell on the Sportscene highlights hinted at this as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with the challenge!

Left by mutual consent!
    Not stick up for their mates.

Take it nobody watched the pre match with commons. He was very honost and said that lennon had went too far with Kamberi. Didn’t show any signs of defending him whatsoever

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    When you read that I’m glad I paid my money to St Mirren for a seat rather than towards a Sky Subscription.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I think we all know that Walker is a prize bell end. What we ever did to upset him so, one can only guess.

Commons will naturally be a bit of an acolyte.

The fact is though, none of them have met with our board to get their side of the story, so it would be impossible for them to convey an objective opinion. But that won’t matter to Walker.
    One of your better posts on here

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    All of them incredulous as to how a heated team meeting results in Lennon being suspended , yet none of them know what happened during the event. Absolute weapons , sticking up for their mate and putting the boot into our club. **** them all , forward we march ... !

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    When you read that I’m glad I paid my money to St Mirren for a seat rather than towards a Sky Subscription.
    I honestly thought that Boyd, Commons and McFadden were fine.

Commons gave a decent insight as someone who has worked closely with Lennon and was informative and interesting and spoke up for Lennon without attempting to defend the indefensible.

It annoys me that I quite like Boyd. Again, honest and gave his opinion and as far as I was concerned he didn't seem to come out with anything that would have any Hibbies likely to be too enraged.

Provan just about had me putting my foot through the TV. He ruins a fair few matches for me, and I'd have him absolutely nowhere near coverage of Scottish football.

If Sky have any sense they'll hoover up the better folk from BT Sport when the contract crosses over, and send the likes of Andy Walker and Davie Provan on their merry little way.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Boyds massive grin when it when back to them at the Livingston rangers game he looked gutted we won, he was wanting to take the piss right out of Hibs
    He grins all the time regardless .... is it any different you wanting Livi to win so you could laugh at Rangers expense ? Its hardly anything new,your easily upset if that bothers you.