hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cat amongst the pigeons

"The club are unhappy with the Kamberi situation as they paid a significant fee to get him in the summer from Grasshoppers and view him as a major asset with a real sell-on value."

Are we a football team or a business first and foremost? I think it's a valid question to ask

2. Log in to remove the advert

I mentioned it in a lost thread from yesterday.

I think Kamberi is on big money here, and we pushed the boat out, for once, to get him in the summer. This explains Lennon’s complete outrage at his horrendous performances this season.

'S' Form
    I don't know how anyone expects Kamberi to perform like last season when the only service he gets is people punting the ball the length of the field to him where he's completely isolated.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think Kamberi has been harshly treated. Same player, different team. Lennon’s used him as a scapegoat - others are more culpable for our position than him.

Kamberi is great running into through ball. Can't play back to goal. No first touch at all. Also, no offside awareness

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I think Lenny was good for us . But I hope Flo gets a strike partner and scores a hat 🎩 trick

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The club are unhappy with the Kamberi situation as they paid a significant fee to get him in the summer from Grasshoppers and view him as a major asset with a real sell-on value."

Are we a football team or a business first and foremost? I think it's a valid question to ask
    Is that an actual quote from someone at Hibs?

Hibs should have known the risk in putting such a high investment in one player. Injuries and loss of form are pretty obvious possibilities so to be unhappy at the player when he’s feeding off scraps is a bit harsh IMO

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericd7 View Post
    I don't know how anyone expects Kamberi to perform like last season when the only service he gets is people punting the ball the length of the field to him where he's completely isolated.

this get the ball down the wings and cut back in to the box and the boy will score

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerman View Post
    I think Kamberi has been harshly treated. Same player, different team. Lennon’s used him as a scapegoat - others are more culpable for our position than him.
    I totally agree with this. The support from midfield has been like chalk and cheese over last season. If he had anyone feeding some decent passes he would be in a different position from where he is with the fan base today.

Coaching Staff
    And playing him isolated up front on his own, when we all know that is not a role he can successfully play, made no sense.

It was almost as if he was being set up to fail.

I have also never known a player to play better because his boss keeps telling him and the world, that he is playing crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    And playing him isolated up front on his own, when we all know that is not a role he can successfully play, made no sense.

It was almost as if he was being set up to fail.

I have also never known a player to play better because his boss keeps telling him and the world, that he is playing crap.
    Agreed.

And Lennon MUST see this. Surely tae ****. It’s obvious.

The fact Lennon either doesn’t get it, or is choosing to publicly mouth off at the guy is just another reason that I’m not upset about him being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Is that an actual quote from someone at Hibs?

Hibs should have known the risk in putting such a high investment in one player. Injuries and loss of form are pretty obvious possibilities so to be unhappy at the player when he’s feeding off scraps is a bit harsh IMO
    The quote is from the Sun not the club.

Agreed.

The fact Lennon either doesn’t get it, or is choosing to publicly mouth off at the guy is just another reason that I’m not upset about him being gone.
    His public lambasting of Flo has never sat easy with me at all...it's Butcher-esque and a few of us said the first time he did it that this would not end well...not exactly happy to have been proven right but players never react well to being slagged off in public by a manager. Lennon refused to take any blame himself - tactics, formations, his signings etc. That's the reason I ain't crying myself to sleep that he's gone tbh...think change is needed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This. Kamberi is not missing 1 on 1 chances or fluffing through balls he can run in to....he is not getting any decent service. The role he seems to be getting asked to play does not support this either. Same with issue with McLaren IMO. We resorted to this back to the goal / hold the ball up tactic when our midfield was weak....we now have new quality heads in MF, who could deliver quality balls.

I have no doubt Gauld & co will deliver the service when kamberi is played in a way we know works. I am optimistic that we will start scoring goals again if someone else is in the dugout and makes the switch.

We’re a football team trying to compete with modest means.

Christ!! We’re not back to playing like that again, are we!!

First Team Regular
    I think the PR was has begun, and lets face it, theres only going to be one winner in this.

Lenny's mates will paint him as sone glorious martyr sacrificed by the evil Hibs board.

Too good for us, lucky to have him etc etc

And Hibs will do, or say nothing, as per usual.

This will only happen unless the truth comes out, if it's proven that fists flew and a chair was thrown, he'll not have a leg to stand on, let's also hope his alleged homophobic comments are untrue as he'll struggle to get another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The quote is from the Sun not the club.
    Ah....

The only thing I believe in that rag is the date and price.
    And even then I’m still not sure 😋

But in this case it’s a fair statement evidenced by Lennons publicity slagging of Kamberi. What a 🛎 end.

[QUOTE=Wakeyhibee;5681302]"The club are unhappy with the Kamberi situation as they paid a significant fee to get him in the summer from Grasshoppers and view him as a major asset with a real sell-on value."

Are we a football team or a business first and foremost? I think it's a valid question to ask[/QUOTE

I think a more valid question is why you would believe a headline which is apparently from the Sun

Agreed.

It seems to be a comment from a Daily Express journalist.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Agree although he is tall he is not a target man more a player to play off another player or run in behind when balls are passed through. Bizarrely he never seems to want to head the ball.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Regal View Post

I think Kamberi is on big money here, and we pushed the boat out, for once, to get him in the summer. This explains Lennon’s complete outrage at his horrendous performances this season.
    Flo has not in a million years been horrendous. FFS.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Flo has not in a million years been horrendous. FFS.
    Been inconsistent however his goals against Celtic were both fantastic.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This will only happen unless the truth comes out, if it's proven that fists flew and a chair was thrown, he'll not have a leg to stand on, let's also hope his alleged homophobic comments are untrue as he'll struggle to get another job.
    What were the alleged homophobic comments? Not heard this one.

Testimonial Due
    The service to Flo has been horrific all season and Lennon’s public humiliation of him was never going to help. It’s obvious the guy is at a low ebb and hopefully that can be turned around.

That said if the board are upset that a potentially large saleable asset is being run down then it’s a bit early for panic as he signed a three year deal. Surely the logical move is to be looking to cash in during the summer window if 2020?

Another valid question:

What do you think the club wants to do with the money it brings in, given that it never has and never will pay dividends to its shareholders?

Poor guy needs service, no service no goals, its pretty simple. A mangaer that lambasts him every game doesnt help motivation.
    I have to say a well done to the team mates that allegedely stood up for him, if true, bullying or harrassment has no place on any work floor.
    A few years ago I too was a victim of workplace bullying, didnt stand for it and logged everything,I wrote an upward appraisal at the end of the year, that boss no longer works at my place of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Regal View Post

Horrendous is such a ridiculous exaggeration.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Poor guy needs service, no service no goals, its pretty simple. A mangaer that lambasts him every game doesnt help motivation.
    I have to say a well done to the team mates that allegedely stood up for him, if true, bullying or harrassment has no place on any work floor.
    A few years ago I too was a victim of workplace bullying, didnt stand for it and logged everything,I wrote an upward appraisal at the end of the year, that boss no longer works at my place of work.
    I wonder if the Players Union have had any involvement. The way you handled it is very much on the lines of what a Union Rep might advise and I really hope the players have done similar. The whole situation appears to have been going on for months and if they have documented it then Hibs will have a far easier and cheaper way to exit Lennon.