hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Lennon etc (merged threads)

I like Lennon and think he has been great for Hibs.

However I think we can all agree the myth about him being the ultimate winner who would not let this or that happen is over. He is human and he is struggling and at this moment in time does not appear to have the answer. I think it can still change however it will almost certainly be too late to turn this league season around.

I think we are nearly at the point of writing the league season off and can concentrate on the cup.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Time’s up / Lennon (merged threads)

2 wins in 14 league games. New manager needed.

Aww cmon, Dundee were due a win.

Left by mutual consent!

Lennon.

Get beat against St Mirren and it’s bye bye for me. Shocking tonight. Bizzare team selection and tactics one time too many now as well. Whittaker over Gray? Hoofball? I’ve just about had enough now.

People will have a go at me but I don’t care. 3 league wins in 15 speaks for itself I’m afriad.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

THose stats are awful,he needs to shape up or ship out.

Gary Parker will do the interview and tell us it’s not good enough and hard work will solve it though.

Who? (and don't say Steve Clarke).

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Gary Parker will do the interview and tell us it’s not good enough and hard work will solve it though.
    Ahh the old Yogi special ‘hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard’

Left by mutual consent!
    Thanks for steering us up Neil couple cup wins and a decent season last. Times up here though. It probably was the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Not my job to find a new manager. To expect the fans to have knowledge of managers in the market we’d be shopping in (other SPL teams, lower league English teams, EPL reserve league, lower leagues in Scotland etc) is asking a bit much.

End of the day there’s going to be stacks of managers out there who could get us more than 2 wins in 14.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don’t worry guys we do powerpoint presentation videos!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Why not Steve Clark?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Not my job to find a new manager. To expect the fans to have knowledge of managers in the market we’d be shopping in (other SPL teams, lower league English teams, EPL reserve league, lower leagues in Scotland etc) is asking a bit much.

End of the day there’s going to be stacks of managers out there who could get us more than 2 wins in 14.
    Stacks of managers who can get us these outstanding players who'll make everything better in the space of 7 days before the transfer window closes?

It's never going to happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Don’t worry guys we do powerpoint presentation videos!!!!!
    And it got us someone unlike Chris Eskirne.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Stacks of managers who can get us these outstanding players who'll make everything better in the space of 7 days before the transfer window closes?

No. Steady the sinking ship and work with management for next season. Cup aside seasons gone.

Why risk Lennon again next summer? Based on what, too?

He's got to go. Simple as that. Has a Hibs manager ever kept his job in this position?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I haven't got the flaming torch and pitchfork out like some folk but If Neil leaves Tommy Wright is the one for me. I don't think Clarke will leave Kilmarnock for us

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

Outstanding players? While I don’t think some of the players are up to it we’ve got the players to be performing way above where we are.

Left by mutual consent!
    Season ticket holder and I’m looking for any excuse not to go to Easter Road. We’ve all been let down badly once again by the club regards bringing in the quality of player our attendances deserve. We’ve lost all momentum on the back of 2016. One thing we should have done different that might well have stopped us being in this current position. We should have got Scott Allan last season. Whatever it took, that’s what we should have done.

All the talk about the hard work done in Dubai, didn’t look like it tonight.
    Looked jaded and a yard or two behind the pace, not got much else to say tbh...but they are not playing for their manager.

I think he should go. With the money he’s had compared to the likes of st Johnstone he’s not doing a good job.

Left by mutual consent!
    We have a great infrastructure, a decent squad but a manager who has lost it. I don’t know how much say he has on signings given he has no clue what to do with most of them.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    It's just not particularly enjoyable to watch at the minute. No excitement, no flair and for the first time in a while there is a bit of a disconnect between the club and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I haven't got the flaming torch and pitchfork out like some folk but If Neil leaves Tommy Wright is the one for me. I don't think Clarke will leave Kilmarnock for us
    Clarke certainly wouldn't leave just now but he wont be at kilmarnock next season so why not ER

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    No thanks. Hoofball merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    He's got to go. Simple as that. Has a Hibs manager ever kept his job in this position?
    That's the thing. If this was fenlon or butcher or calderwood or someone else then they would be getting hounded right now. Yet there are still people defending him? It's relegation form. It's disgraceful form. Continually playing Mallan and Whittaker is a joke. Continually throwing in a 3 in the back even though it blatantly hasn't worked this season. Continually blaming everyone else but himself. Not good enough.

I think we’re probably best keeping him till the season ends now we’re into january with under 10 days to get signings and a manager. But this needs to be his last season.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd give him 3 games

Too many folk were reading into a game against the mighty Elgin and got overexcited

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Lennon’s lucky we’ve got a semi kind draw in the cup as that could be his saving grace with the prospect of a European spot already as good as written off.

He needs to stick with either 4 4 2 or 3 at the back as the players look as bamboozled as us.

Can’t see how anyone can really argue against how piss poor it is we’ve yet to sign even one striker of the two minimum required, especially with how off Kamberi is/ has been and we knew all along McLaren would be away with his country.

Bar 4 or 5 players any them could leave and I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep. I’m starting to think the same of our manager too. Not saying for a minute we’ll go down as we’ll be nowhere near the bottom 2 but 2 wins in 14 is dare I say it relegation form. Garbage no matter how you dress it up.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    All the talk about the hard work done in Dubai, didn’t look like it tonight.
    Looked jaded and a yard or two behind the pace, not got much else to say tbh...but they are not playing for their manager.
    That's not fair, imho.

We looked the better team in the second half even though we were pish, and I can't recall Motherwell looking fitter than us at any point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net