hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaw

Shaw

Hi Hibbees
    Heard a couple of rumours that shaw maybe loaned to Partick Thistle for rest of season- just wondering if you guys had heard anything?
    Would be a great loan if true exactly what we would need to try and get us out of our current predicament
    All the best to Hibbees for rest of season

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would presume we (Hibs) must have a striker coming in for this to happen as we are woefully short in this department as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by partickthistle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Hibbees
    Heard a couple of rumours that shaw maybe loaned to Partick Thistle for rest of season- just wondering if you guys had heard anything?
    Would be a great loan if true exactly what we would need to try and get us out of our current predicament
    Only heard the rumours from a few Thistle fans on another forum. Would be a good loan for Thistle but as we are short of forward ourselves nothing would happen until we get a couple of bodies in.

@hibs.net private member
    I heard a rumour before Christmas that he was likely to be loaned out. It’ll depend on us getting strikers in though.

I thought a move to a top end Championship club or lower end Premiership team would be good for him and maybe us in the long term. Not sure if a relegation fight would benefit him though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I heard a rumour before Christmas that he was likely to be loaned out. It’ll depend on us getting strikers in though.

I thought a move to a top end Championship club or lower end Premiership team would be good for him and maybe us in the long term. Not sure if a relegation fight would benefit him though.
    Maybe more likely to get game time.

A lower end premiership team would also be a relegation fight? Agree about top end championship though. A Dundee Utd, or Ross County would be an interesting prospect for him. By all accounts Thistle are not creating many opportunities each week so might be a tough gig.

Assuming he goes out on loan that is.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Oli just needs a run of games and he will score for Partick no bother. Good move for both sides, Oli gets the development he cant get here and PT get a goal scorer. We do need cover in before this happens though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    I've not heard anything but would a loan to Ayr be outwith the realms of possibility?

As a possible sweetener for Shankland signing for us?
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Really really disappointed if we do this. He is contributing well for the first team.

Hi Hibbees
    Would be an excellent move for the player and one needed in all honesty. We need to bring in one or two up front before hand first though.

Hi Hibbees
    I was told this prior to the winter break but heard nothing since, he needs to be playing regularly to aid his development and Partick would be a good move for him.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar

He already plays for the team in 8th. So that leaves Motherwell, Hamilton or Dundee?

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    I've not heard anything but would a loan to Ayr be outwith the realms of possibility?

As a possible sweetener for Shankland signing for us?
    I seem to remember Shankland saying somewhere his dream would be to play for the The's.

Thanks for the responses guys - while I can see why Dundee United would be interested- they have strikers who are scoring- might he get much game time? Our problem is none of our forwards including Doolan are scoring therefore they could all be dropped to have a better striker like shaw in

Needs to play games and with Lennon making it clear he wants one, but ideally two, strikers in it’s hard to see him getting too much game time in the remainder of the season.

Done well in patches but not threatened to become a main player for us yet IMO.

Thanks for the responses guys - while I can see why Dundee United would be interested- they have strikers who are scoring- might he get much game time? Our problem is none of our forwards including Doolan are scoring therefore they could all be dropped to have a better striker like shaw in
    A friend of mine is a STH at Firhill. Suggesting your issue is more the supply to your strikers, rather than strikers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Really really disappointed if we do this. He is contributing well for the first team.
    I'm with you. I would find it pretty baffling we would send him out on loan, can't really see us getting 2 strikers in and if the MacLaren rumours are true would maybe even need to be 3

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Unless we have two strikers incoming I'd be surprised if Shaw was to be loaned out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    He already plays for the team in 8th. So that leaves Motherwell, Hamilton or Dundee?
    Technicality mate. I’d include any “bottom 6” side - I’m including Livi as part of that as well and maybe eve St Johnstone...

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Hear laid law has gone on loan

Can't see this as i can't see us being able to bring in 2 quality strikers.
    Cummings is a good bet to come in but that would still leave us with the minimum 4 first team strikers.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Hear laid law has gone on loan
    Where you hearing that mate?

Oli has occasionally been auto-corrected to Oil on some devices in the past. Just giving you some advance warning if you want to steal a march on the Jaggy punsters.

Re Shaw's ability - I think he needs to be playing regular football and I think it would be good for him to go on loan. He's a better all-round player than I was expecting but he's not as good a finisher as I'd thought he'd be. A run in a team, playing regularly in team that creates plenty of chances should sort that as he's done very well at development level.

If you're struggling for creativity and plan on leaving him up the park on his own, chasing after the occasional hoof whilst grappling with some streetwise defenders then I think he'd struggle.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Dundee utd

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Oli has occasionally been auto-corrected to Oil on some devices in the past. Just giving you some advance warning if you want to steal a march on the Jaggy punsters.

Re Shaw's ability - I think he needs to be playing regular football and I think it would be good for him to go on loan. He's a better all-round player than I was expecting but he's not as good a finisher as I'd thought he'd be. A run in a team, playing regularly in team that creates plenty of chances should sort that as he's done very well at development level.

If you're struggling for creativity and plan on leaving him up the park on his own, chasing after the occasional hoof whilst grappling with some streetwise defenders then I think he'd struggle.
    Oil is going to Patrick Thistle? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It's on the official site...

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidsNapper View Post
    Oil is going to Patrick Thistle? 😉
    His game is a bit crude , needs to go away and refine it then come back looking slick

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    His game is a bit crude , needs to go away and refine it then come back looking slick
    Reported

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hibs have confirmed this

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Fair to say Oli will be going nowhere