hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    100%

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll take him back only if he issued a statement begging forgiveness for his recent infatuation for all things Hun.
    Yet people on here are gagging for Scott Allan to come back who derailed the start of our 15/16 season by trying to push through a move to Sevco?

Would quite happily welcome both back without the macho bravado of pretending to be offended by Jason being on loan to them.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Yet people on here are gagging for Scott Allan to come back who derailed the start of our 15/16 season by trying to push through a move to Sevco?

Would quite happily welcome both back without the macho bravado of pretending to be offended by Jason being on loan to them.
    A good comparison.

There were many this time last year (including me) who were against Allan's return because of how he left and yet by the end of the season we wanted to sign him permanently. Who's to say that Cummings can't do the same?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I think he is maybe what we need up front just now as.something different, but really not.sure that he plays well.as a strike partner, his reading of the game and at times work rate.isnt enough for me, think Flo works better with partner that has good movement and works with him ...Jason is a pretty selfish player not.too intelligent, but is nippy, creates himself chances and has an eye for half a chance !! McLaren is the one.that needs.to.up his attitude and gis game will do the same !! So yes JC as a good option

I'd prefer Shankland personally, but that's just my opinion. Cummings certainly played his part when he was at Hibs though, although he doesn't look as if he's really progressed from that. He's still young though.

I'd have Shankland over Cummings.

He is at a stage in his career where he still needs to prove himself at a big club whereas with Cummings I get the impression he won't be the same player now he has made his money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd have Shankland over Cummings.

He is at a stage in his career where he still needs to prove himself at a big club whereas with Cummings I get the impression he won't be the same player now he has made his money.
    But, has he 'made his money'?

He can't have earned that much since he left us?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    In all honesty I don't think there is much between Cummings or shankland, although I've only seen shankland a couple of times, both have shown they can score goals at a lower level but not shown anything yet to say they could score a lot of goals in the premier league, if I had to chose between the 2 it would be Cummings purely based on having seen him more

First Team Breakthrough
    Too lazy sometimes not interested and also not good enough. What is wth us and let’s bring this player and that player back.hes gone and let’s leave him gone

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Too lazy sometimes not interested and also not good enough. What is wth us and let’s bring this player and that player back.hes gone and let’s leave him gone
    But he’s the hammer of the hearts. A legend?

If a player can "do the business" for us on the park and would be a positive influence on his team mates, then I couldn't care less how many times he has come and gone from ER, or for what reason.
    So, yes, I'd welcome back Jason "The Hammer Of The Hearts!"
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 13-01-2019 at 11:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Only proven himself at a lower level?

So we ignore the key goals against Hearts (4 in consecutive games) and Rangers? Just exactly what do folks expect him to do? There should be a phrase coined for this Hibee phenomenon #bonkers for a start

Cummings scored his first career goals on 21 May 2014, netting twice as Hibernian won 2–0 against Hamilton Academical in the first leg of the promotion/relegation play-off.[3][4] Hibs lost the return match 2–0 and Cummings missed the decisive kick in the penalty shoot-out, which resulted in Hibs being relegated to the Scottish Championship.[5][6][7]

Cummings won the SPFL Young Player of the Month award for September 2014, after his two goals helped Hibs to beat Rangers in Glasgow.[8] On 16 February 2016, Cummings became the first Hibs player to score in four consecutive Edinburgh derbies for 42 years after scoring the winner against Hearts in a Scottish Cup 4th round replay.[9] On 16 April 2016, Cummings missed a penalty kick with a Panenka attempt in the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, which ended goalless,[10] although he later scored the winning kick in the penalty shoot-out.[10] He then played the first 65 minutes of the final, assisting Anthony Stokes' opening goal as Hibs won 3–2 against Rangers.[11]
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 13-01-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Cummings instead of McLaren is surely an easy decision to make.

Left by mutual consent!
    The way this window is going then aye

Why not

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    In all honesty I don't think there is much between Cummings or shankland, although I've only seen shankland a couple of times, both have shown they can score goals at a lower level but not shown anything yet to say they could score a lot of goals in the premier league, if I had to chose between the 2 it would be Cummings purely based on having seen him more
    Have to disagree that he hasn’t shown “anything” to say he’d score a lot in our league. Feels like, from memory, he scored almost anytime we played a premier league team in the cup, or indeed faced rangers or hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Have to disagree that he hasn’t shown “anything” to say he’d score a lot in our league. Feels like, from memory, he scored almost anytime we played a premier league team in the cup, or indeed faced rangers or hearts.
    Yip he scored in a few cup games and we are all glad he did, he hasn't done it consistently in a higher league though which would be my worry

Left by mutual consent!
    Yip he scored in a few cup games and we are all glad he did, he hasn't done it consistently in a higher league though which would be my worry
    He hasn’t really been given the chance to though?

@hibs.net private member
    Not convinced he would score that many in the top league. He was rotten when he played for Rangers last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He hasn’t really been given the chance to though?
    Played 15 times for the rangers and only scored 2 league goals, think he has played 40 odd league games since he left us and only scored maybe half a dozen goals, if he hadn't played for us before we would be moaning about this rumour

Left by mutual consent!
    Played 15 times for the rangers and only scored 2 league goals, think he has played 40 odd league games since he left us and only scored maybe half a dozen goals, if he hadn't played for us before we would be moaning about this rumour
    Rangers where pish though.

We’ve all seen JC and he would be fantastic to have back. I don’t think his ego would allow it so soon though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Jason's welcome back anytime.

However, looking to the future if it was a straight choice I'd rather we signed Shankland even if we have to loan him back to Ayr and don't have him until the end of this season. I think Shankland's worth the gamble of paying out a not insubstantial transfer fee for. He's hungry and seems to have a good attitude for the game.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    It’s all about context tho’.

He has played for us and scored and under our current manager.

If it was some other dude who’d been a cup winner, scored against our key rivals and wrestled with with a pro, had a bit of a swagger these are surely factors that would make us want to take a look?

There are no guarantees Jonathan Johansson is testament to that.

Folks morning about rumours - it’s what they do :)

Please let it be so

Link to YouTube in case you prefer to watch/listen to the pod there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDfoiWQG7E

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Aye, of course I would have him back.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No thanks!

His love for the Hun rules him out for me

We can do better

Be patient!

Yes 100% in a heartbeat. Would love this to come off - love the wee dafty and he scores goals... & against them to boot

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    When he was with Rangers he was predominantly played upfront on his own or out on the left wing, similar to the position we often played Stokes, difference being Stokes has it in his locker to play there. If your not playing Jason with someone else upfront or with a really effective attacking midfielder you're not going to get the same goal return.

Plus almost every team he would have been facing would have been set up to defend for 90 mins, leaving him less space to function. He was playing in a poor team but he's not a poor player, I'd have him back 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    No thanks!

His love for the Hun rules him out for me

We can do better

Be patient!
    Shankland supports Rangers. Is he also ruled out ?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Shankland supports Rangers. Is he also ruled out ?
    I would take Shankland as he has more potential than Jase

Jase is obviously desperate to play for The Rangers and makes no secret of that fact

Good luck to him

I wonder why they do not want him?

Why should we take him in that case?

As others have said it is unlikely he would in his eyes take a career step backwards??

No point signing a player that does not want to be here

We need to move forward

Onwards and upwards